ADVERTISEMENT

5 Quad 1 wins

I have a feeling butler, nova wont move the needle much. They want us to beat CU or Uconn

Reactions: HallGuy23
I have a feeling butler, nova wont move the needle much. They want us to beat CU or Uconn
Nah. Butler is predicted to be in as of right now, beating them helps us a lot, actually. Nova always a tough out, good metrics.
Plus we already beat Uconn, nobody expects us to beat them again, especially at their place. And a loss against a ranked Creighton at their house is not a big deal.
3-2 and were in. If we go 2-3, that's where it gets dicey depending on the bubble.

Reactions: TrueBlue1989
I would have signed up at the beginning of the season that we are in if we beat Nova and Butler at home. Go Pirates!

Not a good sign. I feel like we need to beat creighton or uconn to move the needle. If a quad 1 away win didnt help much then i doubt butler and nova wont help much. I hope they are wrong

beating Nova and Butler will move us up 2-5 spots per win pending efficiency.

Not a good sign. I feel like we need to beat creighton or uconn to move the needle. If a quad 1 away win didnt help much then i doubt butler and nova wont help much. I hope they are wrong

Margin of victory just seems so heavily weighted. Seems like it is margin in games by quad with higher multiplies for quads 1, 2 and road games and penalties in Quad 3 and 4.

No where to be found in jerry palms bracket this morning..
SMH
I'd be more worried if I knew Jerry Palm was going to be in the Selection Committee meeting room. But he's not and none of these other guys (Lunardi, DeCourcy, Wachtel et al) will be either. They're all making guesses, some more educated than others.

Only the members of the Selection Committee know how they are going to value the variety of data points they will have to look at and each member probably has his/her own way of digesting that data.

Margin of victory just seems so heavily weighted. Seems like it is margin in games by quad with higher multiplies for quads 1, 2 and road games and penalties in Quad 3 and 4.
I think there is a lot of truth to this. It makes sense that beating better teams and doing so by large margins will count more.

There should be little value in a P6 opponent beating a bunch of tomato cans with NET rankings over 250 in the OOC.

Exactly.. simply beating butler will put us in the 55-57 NET range. If we then get blown out by UConn and Creighton we’ll be back in the mid to upper 60s with then two underwhelming victories putting us back around 55.. Which the article I posted the other day has been a 50/50 shot for an at large bid. I think we’re a peculiar case and should easily be in but you never know.

At this point Seton Hall's Road to The Tournament is about Accumulated victories. If Seton Hall is 13-7 when they play their first round BE game at MSG there should be no sweating. Unfortunately, there are no great chances left to move the NET needle. The at Creighton game is somewhat of a chance. Most important don't get run out of the building there or at UConn. That could help.

First, I just want to beat Butler by at least one point.

At this point Seton Hall's Road to The Tournament is about Accumulated victories. If Seton Hall is 13-7 when they play their first round BE game at MSG there should be no sweating. Unfortunately, there are no great chances left to move the NET needle. The at Creighton game is somewhat of a chance. Most important don't get run out of the building there or at UConn. That could help.

First, I just want to beat Butler by at least one point.
Give me a healthy Kadary Richmond at UConn and let’s play some ball.

Reactions: PirateFan94
Kadary fell quite hard twice against St. John's and bounced up and kept playing superbly.
With 5 1/2 days of rest for him, Dre and the team, seems like a remedy for them to be at their "A" game...for a good chance to go 3-2.

Reactions: Bluebeard
Those 5 Q1 wins were Ws we absolutely had to have to even be in the conversation after a bad OOC. Now, our future is squarely in our hands. What more can we ask for? Three home games. Win those and we’re in.

margin of victory is increasingly becoming a dumber and dumber statistic. i said this before, but you get more credit for beating up depaul on the road than you do for a 1pt win vs uconn on the road. if thats the case it shouldnt be used for ANYTHING.

if gonzaga gets in, butler gets in, shu should be wayyy in. yes the OOC was bad (not as disastrous as it once seemed) but the body of work speaks for itself. This team is top 10 in quad 1 wins... what are we doing here? this team shoud be in even if they only beat butler.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT