ADVERTISEMENT

Adama Sanogo

The Civil Conflict never existed.

It was just like Uconn's football team.

A Joke

UCF , the mythical national champion, even knew it was a fraud.

i know college football well enough. UCONN won a BE championship in football around a decade ago in a football conference that was so bad it fell apart.
Lol, actually it did.

We won two actually, but you knew that right?

Really if you guys want to spout on this stuff, google is your friend.

Reactions: SHUSA
Uconn got left in the dust from conferemce realignment. Shu prospered, the other BE schools that left also prospered. the only ones left in the dust were cincinatti, usf , and uconn.

The Civil Conflict never existed.

It was just like Uconn's football team.

A Joke

UCF , the mythical national champion, even knew it was a fraud.
Lol, you brought it up not me. But your point, I think, was that Connecticut didn't beat UCF. You were wrong.

Uconn got left in the dust from conferemce realignment. Shu prospered, the other BE schools that left also prospered. the only ones left in the dust were cincinatti, usf , and uconn.
How so?

wait im confused is uconn not crawling back to the big east after a horrific stint in the AAC? the conference headlined by the misfits cast aside that no major conference wanted? basically admitting that their football is so bad it will be demoted to join a conference that doesnt even support it as a sport?

oh wait no they are. so what about it dont you understand?

half the big east left for power football conferences. the other half formed a power basketball conference. cincinatti, usf, and uconn stuck with their heads up their butts forming conference USA 2.0.

wait im confused is uconn not crawling back to the big east after a horrific stint in the AAC? the conference headlined by the misfits cast aside that no major conference wanted? basically admitting that their football is so bad it will be demoted to join a conference that doesnt even support it as a sport?

oh wait no they are. so what about it dont you understand?

half the big east left for power football conferences. the other half formed a power basketball conference. cincinatti, usf, and uconn stuck with their heads up their butts forming conference USA 2.0.
Yes you are confused, but realizing it is the first step to getting help.

UConn never left the Big East. We've been in the same conference that Dave Gavitt invited us to in 1979. But you know that, right? So kind of tough to say we've come crawling back. There have been active negotiations for some time now. Interestingly, the Big East cutting their requested entrance fee to 33 cents on the dollar of there original request was probably what made the difference to get the deal.

Yeah, UConn football is struggling right now, but we just picked up a multi-year seven figure contract to have our home football games covered on linear TV by CBSSN. So I guess it is fair to say Connecticut football has some value, right?

Moving to the Big East has turned out to be best of all possible G5 worlds for us.
  • We get to play quality opponents, in driveable games against teams that we care about.
  • In is more consistent with our basket brand to the NBE and it is already helping recruiting. No one won more conference championships, tournament championships, or national championships in the BE than UConn.
  • Even rebuilding our football program is showing itself to have value. Guarantee games are worth $1.5-$2M per game. One of these a year is nice a boost to the bottom line. Add to that the new CBSSN deal and the fact that leaving the American saves us $2M/year in travel costs and the move becomes a no brainer.
I suspect that you didn't want an actual answer, but hey, "the more you know..." Am I right?

God the same semantics over and over UConn never left the BE etc.. The AAC finances actually are solid before this pandemic. Houston, Memphis UCF, SMU (Cinn has some budget problems, but who doesn't) all have done better. Their new TV deal with ESPN is not bad. All UConn sports have waned since they stayed in the same "Big East" conference.

Currently, AAC member schools receive around $2 million annually from their TV contracts. Starting in the 2020-21 academic year and running through 2031-32, the league’s new $83.3 million contract will pay around $7 million a year per school. So that’s not the $50 or $60 million annually that the Big Ten and SEC TV deals hand out to its members, but it’s enough improvement to try and nip at the heels of lower-performing Power 5s — specifically the Big 12 and Pac-12.

Just nuke this thread. Nobody needs UConn sports, fans or posters.

God the same semantics over and over UConn never left the BE etc.. The AAC finances actually are solid before this pandemic. Houston, Memphis UCF, SMU (Cinn has some budget problems, but who doesn't) all have done better. Their new TV deal with ESPN is not bad. All UConn sports have waned since they stayed in the same "Big East" conference.

Currently, AAC member schools receive around $2 million annually from their TV contracts. Starting in the 2020-21 academic year and running through 2031-32, the league’s new $83.3 million contract will pay around $7 million a year per school. So that’s not the $50 or $60 million annually that the Big Ten and SEC TV deals hand out to its members, but it’s enough improvement to try and nip at the heels of lower-performing Power 5s — specifically the Big 12 and Pac-12.

Just nuke this thread. Nobody needs UConn sports, fans or posters.

Mmm, for a guy uninterested in UConn you are sure posting a lot about them. Just saying.

So it looks like you googled an early article on the American deal. (Probably the SB Nation one from before the presser announcing the deal.) Here's a little more info on it. First is that the deal is backloaded. So schools aren't getting $7M next year. Second is that each member school is required provide the production costs, including on air talent, for each game. That's @$1.2M to $2.M a year depending on how minimal schools. In order to provide those production costs schools are obligated to build production facilities. That's means an up front outlay before receiving any revenue. On a net basis the Big East's current expiring deal, for just basketball, is better than the American's brand new deal, for basketball and football, that is going to last 12 years. Also, a lot of the games were to be moved to ESPN+. It was a no brainer to leave that.

Other factors made it more attractive, including better basketball, but also the reduced travel costs. The American deal would have forced us to give up broadcasting the WBB games on SNY. It made no sense to stay.

Yes you are confused, but realizing it is the first step to getting help.

UConn never left the Big East. We've been in the same conference that Dave Gavitt invited us to in 1979. But you know that, right? So kind of tough to say we've come crawling back. There have been active negotiations for some time now. Interestingly, the Big East cutting their requested entrance fee to 33 cents on the dollar of there original request was probably what made the difference to get the deal.

Yeah, UConn football is struggling right now, but we just picked up a multi-year seven figure contract to have our home football games covered on linear TV by CBSSN. So I guess it is fair to say Connecticut football has some value, right?

Moving to the Big East has turned out to be best of all possible G5 worlds for us.
  • We get to play quality opponents, in driveable games against teams that we care about.
  • In is more consistent with our basket brand to the NBE and it is already helping recruiting. No one won more conference championships, tournament championships, or national championships in the BE than UConn.
  • Even rebuilding our football program is showing itself to have value. Guarantee games are worth $1.5-$2M per game. One of these a year is nice a boost to the bottom line. Add to that the new CBSSN deal and the fact that leaving the American saves us $2M/year in travel costs and the move becomes a no brainer.
I suspect that you didn't want an actual answer, but hey, "the more you know..." Am I right?
Did i say Uconn left the big east? i quite literally said SHU left and that Uconn was left in the dust. i laid it out exactly as it happened. twice. you sound like youre so robotic from defending uconn the last 6 years that you just whipped up an auto response.

btw are you really trying to say that your current conference is the real big east?l. its legal name copyrights at best and laughable that you try to mention it with a straight face.

You come to someone else's board and get super defensive against simple facts. thank god you have uconn though i wouldnt know what to do if i lived in a state struggling between fandom of giants/yankees vs patriots/red sox.

It will be fun to watch the UConn fans heads explode when they get a full dose of commissioner Jay.

Geez, we have to put up with Rutgers guys over here and now a UCONN guy talking about football!

Tell me what UCONN’s average “fannies in the seats” attendance was last year. Thats your answer about why no P5 football leagues wanted/wants you.

And then, please go away.

Geez, we have to put up with Rutgers guys over here and now a UCONN guy talking about football!

Tell me what UCONN’s average “fannies in the seats” attendance was last year. Thats your answer about why no P5 football leagues wanted/wants you.

And then, please go away.
LOL

Funny he showed here when Sanogo news broke (good luck with Sanogo and good get, btw).

But showing up here then/now is almost as cheese ball as a head coach tweeting a rocky clip after getting a kid to commit (I assume that tweet was verified to be DH).

I’m not on twitter but if head coaches doing that stuff is the new norm, well....among other things, that’s another reason I’m not on Twitter

Reactions: deheremike
My point was you never won a made up game, because it NEVER existed. Except to folks like you. UCF was smart enough to know that it was worthless. Even when they were going 0-11, they didn't make up a fake trophy.

UCF has the War on I-4 with USF if they ever wanted a rivalry game with a trophy. They DONT need you.

Lol, you brought it up not me. But your point, I think, was that Connecticut didn't beat UCF. You were wrong.

Quite a few ways....Lol

giphy.gif

I wonder if SHU thought they were leading for Sanogo when Marfo was available and they took a wait and see approach on him? If they didn’t feel that way I wonder if they get more serious about Marfo then? I think if he felt shu was serious he’d be here, but knowing how his commitment went down I’d have to question that.

Did i say Uconn left the big east? i quite literally said SHU left and that Uconn was left in the dust. i laid it out exactly as it happened. twice. you sound like youre so robotic from defending uconn the last 6 years that you just whipped up an auto response.

btw are you really trying to say that your current conference is the real big east?l. its legal name copyrights at best and laughable that you try to mention it with a straight face.

You come to someone else's board and get super defensive against simple facts. thank god you have uconn though i wouldnt know what to do if i lived in a state struggling between fandom of giants/yankees vs patriots/red sox.
No worries, I'm not defensive in the least. I am trying to give you guys a little more information to work with, particularly details as to UConn. I only offer them when you misstate something or when you ask. When visitors come to the UConn board, I always appreciate that. I'm not sure what you are so worked up over.

The American Athletic Conference is the conference that Dave Gavitt formed in 1979. You understand that, right? The Big East Conference that we are joining in July is a conference that was formed in 2013. It is what it is. Now, from a perception basis, the NBE is the successor (continuation) of the OBE. It is indisputably the closest thing out there to the OBE. That's a part of why we are joining. Again, I'm not sure what the issue is.

No worries, I'm not defensive in the least. I am trying to give you guys a little more information to work with, particularly details as to UConn. I only offer them when you misstate something or when you ask. When visitors come to the UConn board, I always appreciate that. I'm not sure what you are so worked up over.

The American Athletic Conference is the conference that Dave Gavitt formed in 1979. You understand that, right? The Big East Conference that we are joining in July is a conference that was formed in 2013. It is what it is. Now, from a perception basis, the NBE is the successor (continuation) of the OBE. It is indisputably the closest thing out there to the OBE. That's a part of why we are joining. Again, I'm not sure what the issue is.
Yes the original big east is the technical legal predecessor of the AAC

My point was you never won a made up game, because it NEVER existed. Except to folks like you. UCF was smart enough to know that it was worthless. Even when they were going 0-11, they didn't make up a fake trophy.

UCF has the War on I-4 with USF if they ever wanted a rivalry game with a trophy. They DONT need you.
Lol, the only one who thought that the ConFLiCT was a thing was Bob Diaco. It is one of many bat shit crazy things the guy said. It wasn't even a good looking trophy. I mean if you are going make up a fake rivalry game trophy, you'd think that you'd spend more than $20 bucks on it. Believe me you won't get any UConn fans defending it. We think it was hysterical too.

Yes the original big east is the technical legal predecessor of the AAC
Sort of. You guys (soon to be we) bought the name and records (which I didn't realize was a thing). The NCAA money stayed with the American, along with the headquarters and personal. But who really cares one way or another? To the average sports fan the NBE is the same conference as the BE. Come July I'll pretend that as well.

you told me that i said Uconn left. i didnt say that. and when 75% of the remaining conference members decide they want band together to keep the integrity of a basketball conference, it literally only comes down to copyrights and semantics. if you asked Gavitt which one his conference is, what do you think hed say?

yea thats right. and we quite literally kept all of the Big East basketball records. AAC doesnt have that. so where is the history actually located? pretty simple.

you told me that i said Uconn left.

Lol. Did I though? Go back and look.

You say UConn was crawling back to the Big East. I pointed out that we never left the conference. Not sure why it's such a hot button issue for you.

Lol. Did I though? Go back and look.

You say UConn was crawling back to the Big East. I pointed out that we never left the conference. Not sure why it's such a hot button issue for you.
"Yes you are confused...UConn never left the Big East"

Uconn was in big east

Uconn no longer in big east

Uconn starts to decline rapidly, in both sports

Uconn makes deal to join big east.

*Checks current Big Easts history"

hmm records date back to the 70s

sounds like uconn crawling back yeehaw

And posters complain about Rutgers and pro football threads here? Talk about doing the same thing over and over expecting different results from the UConn guy. Geez.

Reactions: CL82 and thehall07
And posters complain about Rutgers and pro football threads here? Talk about doing the same thing over and over expecting different results from the UConn guy. Geez.
the difference is that this is basketball and uconn is in our conference.

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
"Yes you are confused...UConn never left the Big East"

Uconn was in big east

Uconn no longer in big east

Uconn starts to decline rapidly, in both sports

Uconn makes deal to join big east.

*Checks current Big Easts history"

hmm records date back to the 70s

sounds like uconn crawling back yeehaw
Lol, wow. That's a really tortured argument to try to get around the fact that UConn is still in the conference that Dave Gavitt formed in 1979. Why is that such an issue for you? We think the (new) Big East is a better conference than the American. That's why we are joining it. It's done really well since it was formed in 2013. Ackerman and the (new) BE presidents thought UConn added to the conference otherwise they wouldn't have offered.

Personally I am looking forward to the games and especially the Big East Tournament. We've played a lot games their since 2013 and the energy is always amazing. Hopefully we will have season this year.

Lol the only reason the C7 "left" and formed a new conference is because they didn't have the voting power to kick out all the squatters the football schools were inviting. It was simply the most efficient means to the most desirable outcome. As far as anyone (except maybe a few lawyers) cares, a conference is far more defined by its membership and history than its legal entity. Once the purchase of the Big East name and MSG contract were complete, the C7 had all they needed.

Clearly, when posters say UConn is crawling "back to the Big East", they are referring to the affiliation of member schools that UConn has shared a long history with rather than the continued legal entity with its incompetent leadership - something we are thrilled to have left behind.

Lol, wow. That's a really tortured argument to try to get around the fact that UConn is still in the conference that Dave Gavitt formed in 1979. Why is that such an issue for you? We think the (new) Big East is a better conference than the American. That's why we are joining it. It's done really well since it was formed in 2013. Ackerman and the (new) BE presidents thought UConn added to the conference otherwise they wouldn't have offered.

Personally I am looking forward to the games and especially the Big East Tournament. We've played a lot games their since 2013 and the energy is always amazing. Hopefully we will have season this year.
How many is a lot?

Holy crap, now all we're going to hear is how great uconn is & how they will rise up and control the Big East. We're 6 months from the basketball season and I'm fed up with these arrogant a-holes already. Please guys, crawl back under your rock for a few months so we can enjoy the summer.

Reactions: silkcitypirate

Form over substance. For all intents and purposes they left the Big East. No other Big East teams remained, not the name, and especially not the Garden.

so semantics aside.... they were no longer part of the Big East.
And now we threw them a lifeline and they’re back.
Don’t wait for the thank you’s

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
Form over substance. For all intents and purposes they left the Big East. No other Big East teams remained, not the name, and especially not the Garden.

so semantics aside.... they were no longer part of the Big East.
And now we threw them a lifeline and they’re back.
Don’t wait for the thank you’s
only way to deal with it is to kick their ass every year

Yeah we missed out on this young man. Did anyone have him starting over Ike from day 1? The key is Ike staying here for 2 years and mproving like Gill did. If that happens, we should be fine. Sanogo could've been a 2 year backup here. Maybe thats why he chose UConn-victs.
Ike is a great young man. I think he will really improve and do well the next 2 years. If and when the NBA doesn’t work out, as it doesn’t for most college players, Ike has his accounting degree and perhaps Nzei can open a door to Goldman Sachs. I like that we have good student athletes and a coach who cares about life after basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT