ADVERTISEMENT

And here it is...Whitehead named in Impermissible Benefits

"at the time a freshman at seton hall"

So SHU didn't pay him? The agent did? Sowhy would SHU bball get shut down? @The SHUttle

Now it seems our BET banner, NCAA banner and 26 wins will get vacated.

Reactions: SHUMA04
The article mainly states this scum of an agent wasn’t paying players to go to a certain school, he was paying them in hopes of getting a signature to represent them when the time comes.

There were a few references of meeting with coaches which could be a problem. From the article there will be eligibility concerns and forfeiting of wins because of possible payments. As per this article the vacating of wins seems possible, but did the School have any involvement?

Reactions: Bluebeard
Article seems pretty damning with specific dollar amounts.

"Hope IW didn't know"???

The article mainly states this scum of an agent wasn’t paying players to go to a certain school, he was paying them in hopes of getting a signature to represent them when the time comes.

There were a few references of meeting with coaches which could be a problem. From the article there will be eligibility concerns and forfeiting of wins because of possible payments. As per this article the vacating of wins seems possible, but did the School have any involvement?

If Pitino and Miller are both culpable than so is Willard.

I don't have any inside knowledge. I just don't have my head in the sand. There's definitely more with Whitehead, Morton, Antigua. It's obvious.

I did have inside knowledge of Hill during SHU tenure 1 and at RU. I posted numerous times asking do you really think he stopped? I posted numerous times about just the sheer logic of do you really think Antigua decided to start cheating when he got to USF?

Don't be naive.

I can live with this, if this is all it was. Yes it sucks we will probably have to vacate a big east tournament win, but an agent and a player deal is a lot different than a coach reeling in a player in which the school knew it was violating every rule. I think coaches and programs creating a culture of dirty dealings is a lot worse than this.

I don't have any inside knowledge. I just don't have my head in the sand. There's definitely more with Whitehead, Morton, Antigua. It's obvious.

I did have inside knowledge of Hill during SHU tenure 1 and at RU. I posted numerous times asking do you really think he stopped? I posted numerous times about just the sheer logic of do you really think Antigua decided to start cheating when he got to USF?

Don't be naive.
Agreed but until the proof comes out, this news isn't as terrible as it could be.

No wonder why Isaiah had to leave early for the NBA. He had to pay that sleazy agent back, having sold his soul for some immediate cash.

Why can't anyone delay gratification anymore?

Reactions: deheremike
I can live with this, if this is all it was. Yes it sucks we will probably have to vacate a big east tournament win, but an agent and a player deal is a lot different than a coach reeling in a player in which the school knew it was violating every rule. I think coaches and programs creating a culture of dirty dealings is a lot worse than this.

You can live with it, but you do realize under normal circumstances it means vacating all wins he was part of and a postseason ban, right? We'll see what happens since we're "fortunate" enough to be lumped in with every major program it seems.

Reactions: Bud Boomer
No wonder why Isaiah had to leave early for the NBA. He had to pay that sleazy agent back, having sold his soul for some immediate cash.

Sounds like Whiteheads mom was hungry for cash. Wasnt she a big reason he entered draft?

Don't be naive.
Yes I do believe hill stopped... lol

Reactions: deheremike
You can live with it, but you do realize under normal circumstances it means vacating all wins he was part of and a postseason ban, right? We'll see what happens since we're "fortunate" enough to be lumped in with every major program it seems.
Yes but right now that's far better than having concrete proof coaches were involved and could destroy future success.

Sounds like Whiteheads mom was hungry for cash. Wasnt she a big reason he entered draft?
Yes, that's what has been said or that the family had a financial need. These sports agents should go to jail for manipulating vulnerable kids from our inner cities.

There's not proof the coaches were involved with it.
Hopefully from the looks of things, it’s a scumbag agent giving kids money in hopes they remember that when it’s time to sign with an agent...

You just gotta be nervous because I’m
Just expecting that all 5* players get stuff like this, plain and simple

"at the time a freshman at seton hall"

So SHU didn't pay him? The agent did? Sowhy would SHU bball get shut down? @The SHUttle

Now it seems our BET banner, NCAA banner and 26 wins will get vacated.

It's always agents. They have runners that funnel cash to guys they deem pro prospects in the hopes that they'll sign with the agency when they leave school. The University (every university) has a lot of plausible deniability in a situation like this. IW signed NCAA papers each year attesting that he was an amateur and hadn't/wasn't receiving money.

(FWIW it's not basketball but the NCAA never sanctioned Tennessee after Arian Foster admitted to being paid by an agent during his senior year. )

Who knows how the NCAA will handle this case but considering this list includes active players I'd assume they'll start there.

Speaking of which what worries me is that Whitehead is now a client of RocNation. Wasn't that the agency that was courting Delgado over the summer?

Last edited:
Hopefully from the looks of things, it’s a scumbag agent giving kids money in hopes they remember that when it’s time to sign with an agent...

You just gotta be nervous because I’m
Just expecting that all 5* players get stuff like this, plain and simple
Agreed and considering we are few and far between getting 5 stars I have to believe our staff is saint like compared to others.

Postseason ban? I’m not sure if it can only be proved the agent gave him money to sign with him...

Wonder if the potential distraction of this whole thing bubbling to the surface explains our team’s play the last several weeks.

Agreed and considering we are few and far between getting 5 stars I have to believe our staff is saint like compared to others.
The article seems to be a lot about this guy paying future possible pros. There are a few current players.. but just from what I read skimming through, I don’t know how much really implicates schools of being complicit with this guy other than him having dinner with Izzo and Nova

For the top players the NBA forces them to delay gratification by not allowing them to go pro after high school. Put yourself in one of these kid's shoes. You're a poor 18 year old kid who could potentially make life-changing money for your family.

If anything this proves that the NCAA can't enforce their own rulebook. The notion of amateurism as defined by the NCAA is a joke and if college athletes got just a little slice of the pie they wouldn't be forced to look for it on the black market.

Reactions: buckfoston824
Incredible that we made it through the Gonzo era unscathed and now this...
Gonzo didn't land 1 top 100 player out of HS after he coached his first SHU game. He got Harvey an dDavis before he ever coached a game here then after that not 1. That was the start of our self penalized 10 year post season ban. Maybe the NCAA will look favorably on us and give us a credit on our next penalty.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT