ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone watching Manhattan Hampton?

Save Continental

All American
Gold Member
Dec 10, 2006
Just flicked it on. Jaspers down 5 but action looks up and down. Would be surprised if Manhattan doesn't come back and win this game.

How good does Ashton Pankey look? This could could be a contributor at a high major.

Originally posted by Save Continental:
Just flicked it on. Jaspers down 5 but action looks up and down. Would be surprised if Manhattan doesn't come back and win this game.

How good does Ashton Pankey look? This could could be a contributor at a high major.
He's a Maryland transfer.

Really rough night for the MAAC (my favorite conference). It's okay, though, because I would have been conflicted had they faced Kentucky., The Wildcats are now "my team" (at least for this tournament).

Go Big Blue. In Coach Cal we trust.

I thought it was a good draw for Manhattan. You're not going far in the tournament, so why not get some publicity for your school by playing against the best? It's like the Seton Hall women's team possibly meeting UConn.

Gotta love the Kentucky board. They had a Manhattan-Hampton game thread that got 88 posts, and are now doing the same with BYU-Mississippi. Currently there are more than 3,100 people on Rupps Rafters. Not bad for a night when Kentucky isn't playing. Those people sure love their hoops,. And there isn't one single FIRE CALIPARI thread.

I wonder how many posts that board will have when Calipari has to vacate another national championship?
laugh.r191677.gif

Originally posted by JIMSOULS:

And there isn't one single FIRE CALIPARI thread.
Gee, maybe that's because they are UNDEFEATED and Calipari isn't 30-60 in the SEC.

If they had one season even approaching as bad as ours, let alone five of them, new fire calipari threads would be pushed from the first page by even newer fire calipari threads in the time it takes to hit refresh

Originally posted by chickenbox:
If they had one season even approaching as bad as ours, let alone five of them, new fire calipari threads would be pushed from the first page by even newer fire calipari threads in the time it takes to hit refresh

Yup. Heck, if they go 20-10 or something like that, they'd want him out. UK fans were getting on him last year before their run to the title game. Remember, they were an 8 seed. At Kentucky, that's not good enough.
This post was edited on 3/18 12:02 AM by shu09

Kentucky had an NIT season that saw them lose an opening round game to Robert Morris. Pretty low by their standards, yet the board were still pretty solidly behind Calipari. Sure, they were disappointed when they lost to UConn last year. But they got over it, unlike some of the people here who feel WILLARD MUST GO threads is the board's only purpose.

The main point is that Kentucky fans find other things to talk about, and are frequently entertaining when doing so (granted, the superiority complex can be grating). Their current thread about Ashley Judd's Arkansas harassers is at times hilarious. There's a thread about tonight's BYU-Mississippi game that has172 posts. Terrific stuff, and a reminder that college basketball can be, and is, fun.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT