ADVERTISEMENT

April Tweets

wow, great find. This in Insanity. AJ Storr is a good player, and this would be for 2 years since it would be his 2nd transfer, so he'd be locked in for 2, but still. This is chaos. Based on this, I think Kadary Richmond goes into the portal while on the flight back from Indianapolis, just to see if anyone overpays for him. This is basically like the NBA where Jerome James is trying to see who might give him a stupid contract and that sets him for life.

wow, great find. This in Insanity. AJ Storr is a good player, and this would be for 2 years since it would be his 2nd transfer, so he'd be locked in for 2, but still. This is chaos. Based on this, I think Kadary Richmond goes into the portal while on the flight back from Indianapolis, just to see if anyone overpays for him. This is basically like the NBA where Jerome James is trying to see who might give him a stupid contract and that sets him for life.
Well it appears Kansas can give him $750k if they want…. We’re in trouble

If it’s true.

And second transfers don’t lock you into anything.

There are no "locked in" rules....there are no rules period. He can transfer every year if he chooses, and never sit out a year.

4 years, 4 schools...should he...or anyone...choose.

pure free agency.

madness too....but that is the way it is right now. The NCAA has absolutely no say in this process anymore. And every time they try to "say" something...they get their head handed to them in court.

There are no "locked in" rules....there are no rules period. He can transfer every year if he chooses, and never sit out a year.

4 years, 4 schools...should he...or anyone...choose.

pure free agency.

madness too....but that is the way it is right now. The NCAA has absolutely no say in this process anymore. And every time they try to "say" something...they get their head handed to them in court.
The only thing worse than having no rules is making believe there are some rules. Unfortunately, that’s where we are today.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Who knows if those numbers are real. I can’t blame and don’t blame the kids for getting the $, because that’s what coaches do all the time and what the rules allow. But all of it is oft-putting. A friend connected to one of the Bergen prep school powers told me he can’t believe the s$$$ that goes on with this stuff, the advisers and middle men leveraging stuff, fake offers to create pressure and drive up price, and the like.

Reactions: chickenbox
I think NIL would be cool if every team had a salary cap or something. I would love to see how much these guys actually got.

Eventually, my hope is that these donors realize they are just wasting their money and pull back
Did they ever think it wasn't worth it when the money they gave was illegal?

Salary cap is needed. Not holding my breath that sanity is in the neighborhood.

You really think that’s the truth about Storr?
Who knows what his market price really is, but that number seems totally made up.
I know Indiana has 7.5M to spend this year thanks to a generous booster, so I don't think this is totally BS

Who knows if these numbers are true, but Richmond is a MUCH better player than AJ Storr. I don’t think anyone undervalues Richmond more than SHU fans. He is a true wagon and a first team AA if he comes back.
Agree I like Richmond better than Storr, although in fairness he is a few years older and more experienced. Storr is a legit bucket getter at the high major level as a score first wing. So he is obviously very good, but Richmond when he’s dialed in impacts the game more across the board. Besides being a top flight scoring option, which of course is never a bad thing to have, I don’t Storr adds value elsewhere.

I don’t believe for a second the numbers coming out.

Who knows if these numbers are true, but Richmond is a MUCH better player than AJ Storr. I don’t think anyone undervalues Richmond more than SHU fans. He is a true wagon and a first team AA if he comes back.
First team AA? That would give us 2 first team AA's in the last few years who never got drafted. Odd.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT