Jan 1, 2003
1. Connecticut 22-2 12-1
Best team in the country?

2. Marquette 18-5 9-3
7 in a row have them moving up.

3. Creighton 17-7 8-5
Overrated? But who else here?

4. Butler 16-8 7-6
The next group can be listed in any way you want.

5. Seton Hall 15-9 8-5
How do you beat #1 and #2 and then get your ass handed to you by a weak Nova team?

6. Villanova 13-11 6-7
Did we just see the real Nova?

7. St. John's 14-10 6-7
Maybe next season.

8. Providence 15-9 6-7
Better win their next 2 home games.

9. Xavier 13-11 7-6
Wed must win for both Xavier at SHU.

10. Georgetown 8-15 1-11
Rebuild starts in 2024/25

11. DePaul 3-20 0-12
Will rebuild ever happen?

Reactions: mbraue
1 - UCONN
2 - Marquette
3 - Creighton
4 - Butler
5 - Xavier
6 - Seton Hall
7 - Villanova
8 - St. John's
9 - Providence
10 - Georgetown
11 - DePaul

After the top 3, we're back to mediocrity.

1. Connecticut
2. Marquette
3. Creighton
------------------ all above here could advance deep into the NCAAT.
4. Butler
5. Xavier
6. Providence
-------------------- - feels like the NCAA cut line will be around here, though I could see as little as 5 getting in. I don't see Providence lasting above the line, but you never know.
7. Villanova
8. Seton Hall
9. St. John's
------------------
10. Georgetown
------------------
11. DePaul

The crazy thing is seton hall at its best can be 3 or 4…… seton hall since Kadarys implosion can be listed at anywhere from 6-9

1. Connecticut
2. Marquette
3. Creighton
4. Butler
5. Xavier
6. Providence
-------------------- - feels like the NCAA cut line will be around here, though I could see as little as 5 getting in. I don't see Providence lasting above the line, but you never know.
7. Villanova
8. Seton Hall
9. St. John's
------------------
10. Georgetown
------------------
11. DePaul
I wouldn't put us behind Providence or Villanova. Remember, Villanova has had the benefit of 2 Depaul rollovers in their 6 conference wins, too. If they're ahead of us on the basis of yesterday's win, then you must put Butler behind us.

I wouldn't put us behind Providence or Villanova. Remember, Villanova has had the benefit of 2 Depaul rollovers in their 6 conference wins, too. If they're ahead of us on the basis of yesterday's win, then you must put Butler behind us.
Agreed. Especially with a 2 game difference in the standings.

Well, Seton Hall has the benefit of 3 wins coming against Georgetown and DePaul. So that's 5 versus Villanova's 4 by your measure. Not much difference and then you factor in the head to head result.

1. Connecticut
2. Marquette
3. Creighton
4. Butler
5. Xavier
6. Providence
7. Villanova
8. Seton Hall
9. St. John's
------------------
10. Georgetown
------------------
11. DePaul
You definitely are down on these Pirates. Hope you are dead wrong. Suspect you do as well.

1. Connecticut
2. Marquette
3. Creighton
4. Butler
5. Xavier
6. Providence
7. Villanova
8. Seton Hall
9. St. John's
------------------
10. Georgetown
------------------
11. DePaul
If one looks carefully at how we have played since Creighton, SHU 09 nails it. Could even make a good argument for placing St. J's ahead of us. Hope we turn it around.

Reactions: shu09
If one looks carefully at how we have played since Creighton, SHU 09 nails it. Could even make a good argument for placing St. J's ahead of us. Hope we turn it around.
St. John’s hasn’t played all that well since January 20th either. They do have a 20 point win over Nova at home but other than that, not much to write home about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT