ADVERTISEMENT

August tweets

Ok, I'll play. Here are the programs that are much better since joining the BIG:

- Field Hockey: BIG championship and consistent NCAA team.

Womens Soccer- two FF, BIG chamionship.

Mens Soccer- BIG Championship

Mens Lacrosse- Final four

Wrestling: two national champion wrestlers, consistent top 15 program

Crew: consistent NCAA team and top 10 program

Women's Lacrosse- consistent top 15 program and NCAA qualifier.

Mens Basketball- you know Pike's success.

BTW, these are all from the past five years. I challenge you to list the conference titles and accomplishments of the Seton Hall Athletic Department over the same time period. (in a much weaker sports conference )
We obviously don't sponsor nearly as many sports as RU does (we don't even have 5 of the 8 sports you mentioned for RU), but in the last 5 years we've managed to pick up conference championships in men's basketball, men's soccer, men's golf and softball. Plus men's soccer made a trip to the NCAA Elite 8.

The misconception that I read for so long about who Whitehead was and the issues he caused were to anyone who had access to him a total myth. It broke his heart to leave SHU early. He only did so to support his mom. Basically sacrificing for her as she did for him. The year after he left Willard was quoted tongue in cheek as saying he was on campus more that year than in the previous one.

Just a great young man in every sense of the word.

I wonder if this means we are nearing an agreement with FOX on a new media rights deal. I would think a continuing relationship with our TV partner would be key in extending the Gavitt Games beyond the original contract.

Remember, the ACC/Big 10 Challenge is being discontinued because the Big 10 and ESPN no longer have a broadcast deal.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT