ADVERTISEMENT

BAC does a decent bracketology

HallX2

All World
Mar 25, 2005
And is worth the read:

Is he right that 8 of our wins are Q4?

Never mind. According to the NET it is correct.

Last edited:
I rarely visit their board any longer. When I did, I noticed
he's not a homer, he tells it like it is, he knows his stuff.

Doesn’t hurt that they are 9-2 in Q1 and 6-0 in Q2/3.
Sure, maybe TCU and Oklahoma (both currently projected to be in the field) are better comps. Also 8-0 in Quad 4 games. (Neither team has many Q1/Q2 wins as Seton Hall btw) The point is I get Q4 losses, but since when do Quad 4 wins get held against a team? Whatever, just keep winning!

Good analysis of SHU.Need to beat Butler,Nova and DePaul at home to get in.Not realistic to beat UConn and Creighton on the road.

Sure, maybe TCU and Oklahoma (both currently projected to be in the field) are better comps. Also 8-0 in Quad 4 games. (Neither team has many Q1/Q2 wins as Seton Hall btw) The point is I get Q4 losses, but since when do Quad 4 wins get held against a team? Whatever, just keep winning!
Because too many is a bad thing. If you dig deeper non-conference SOS comes into play.

The other continuous hang up on this board is the context of wins within a quadrant. The Connecticut win is clearly a great one for SHU, but in comparing teams and their number of wins within any quadrant, you have to see where those results came within the scale. That’s the job of the committee to dig into, and how ultimately measuring that in comparing teams is a human thing that goes beyond a computer ranking.

The DePaul wins don't count. Their metrics are that bad. If we scheduled Bethune-Cookman next week, would you count that? No, you wouldn't. They're 1 spot ahead of DePaul in NET.

Need to put 2 more other wins on the board.

First time reading Bac's analysis. very impressive.
For you NET math folk, how much would things change if the Missouri game was a road win? Enough to matter?
I agree that the USC loss looks way worse than it was. We had them with 5-6 minutes left and couldn't hit the Ocean from the beach. They are really banged up now- then only Bronny was missing.

Reactions: bac2therac
The DePaul wins don't count. Their metrics are that bad. If we scheduled Bethune-Cookman next week, would you count that? No, you wouldn't. They're 1 spot ahead of DePaul in NET.

Need to put 2 more other wins on the board.
Kenpom

304 DePaul 3-22 -11.32
319 Bethune Cookman 12-14 -13.33

According to him, eight Quad 4 wins is a "red flag." But plenty of other teams going to the tournament have eight or more. UConn has nine quad 4 wins!
Nothing wrong with beating lesser teams and you’re right plenty of others have, but I think the issue is of our 17 wins, 8 are Q4. We continue to be penalized in the metrics by our OOC.

Lets be honest, how far down the tunnel do we have to go till we start comparing the worst teams that a team has played and the margin in order to decide who is better?

Can you imagine hearing that the seeding committee seeded Purdue # 1 cause the 5 worst teams on their schedule (average NET or 250) were better than the worst teams on Uconn's schedule (average 275). Comical.

Exactly. I’m not overly concerned with the number of Q4 wins. Would like to see Rutgers stretch to Q2 and us pick up 3 wins.

Reactions: Merge
Exactly. I’m not overly concerned with the number of Q4 wins. Would like to see Rutgers stretch to Q2 and us pick up 3 wins.

Definitely rooting for RU to win a few more. Solid defensive team but man their offense is bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT