ADVERTISEMENT

Bidenomics!!!

TomWall

All Big East
Jan 8, 2003
This has nothing to do with Biden and everything to do with the Fed keeping interest rates artificially low for years plus a global pandemic that cause housing prices to skyrocket GLOBALLY.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHUSA and Merge
It also has to do with the effect of that artificial low interest rates. Most home owners now have low interest mortgage rates. I have 2.8% rate. Even if I wanted to move I won’t. Therefore, the supply in housing has dried up. There is not enough supply and pricing for homes continue to rise despite the higher interest rates. It’s a weird scenario.

This will resolve itself in a year. Interest rates will start to fall this summer. By next year you will see interest rates in the 5% range. That’s a good sweet spot. Prices will soften up and there will be more supply.

Reactions: SHUSA and Merge
There is no supply. Every listing brings a battle. I have 13 years left on a 2.125% mortgage. Selling won’t even cross my mind until 2037.

Even as rates drop, people will lean toward retaining incredible rates. Nearly free money.

There is no supply. Every listing brings a battle. I have 13 years left on a 2.125% mortgage. Selling won’t even cross my mind until 2037.

Even as rates drop, people will lean toward retaining incredible rates. Nearly free money.
2.125% is incredible! Good for you.

i got in after. just happened to be the time in our life , which stinks because IR in the 2s is crazy. we got 5.7% and i chose to lock it in because i was one of the few who realized there is no such thing as "waiting for the IR to drop again"

5.7% is double what everyone else has , but on the lower side historically.

also, is this OP the same as the other spammer? its like he's using his main account after everyone ignored him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT