2/21 bubble games
*Florida @ Alabama
Oklahoma St @ (Cincinnati) Go Pokes
(St John’s) @ Georgetown
(Provided) @ (Xavier)
(Nebraska) @ Indiana go Hoosiers
(Ole Miss) @ * Miss St (go bulldogs)
*Colorado St @ *New Mexico

Cincy loses to OKl St 80-76. Jerry Palm had them in and SHU as 4th team out I believe.

Somehow Dayton is ranked 16 in the AP (?!?), out of the A10 conference, now sitting at 21-5. Just lost tonite to another A10 team. Best wins are Cincinatti and St John's. Am I missing something here??? 3 conference losses now in the Atlantic 10, will they still be in the AP 25 come Monday?

Providence hanging around at Xavier. Really starting to dislike that program over the last few seasons. Like an annoying bug that keeps flying around your head in the summer. Just go away.

Providence hanging around at Xavier. Really starting to dislike that program over the last few seasons. Like an annoying bug that keeps flying around your head in the summer. Just go away.
Edging closer to a SHU-PC matchup in the 4/5 game. Not definite by any stretch, just improving odds on it happening

Not something we want. They'll have a lot of fans in the building.
The Hall has to beat Butler. It's the only game that counts. Should they win its almost a lock that they will be in the 4/5 game. It doesn't have to be an elimination game at MSG. No reason The BigEast won't get 5, possibly 6 teams in. SJU and Xavier have just about eliminated themselves unless they win The BigEast Tournament.

Somehow Dayton is ranked 16 in the AP (?!?), out of the A10 conference, now sitting at 21-5. Just lost tonight to another A10 team. Best wins are Cincinnati and St John's. Am I missing something here??? 3 conference losses now in the Atlantic 10, will they still be in the AP 25 come Monday?
yea its complete BS. i was one of the believers that KP and NET are specific to what they are, and advertise themselves upfront as such... but it's becoming clear they're just flawed. Dayton has done nothing.

2/21 results (bubble) *nearing lock
Alabama 98 *Florida 93
*New Mexico 68 *Colorado St 66
Oklahoma State 80 (Cincinnati) 76
(St John’s) 90 Georgetown 85
(James Madison) 84 Marshall 58
(Indiana State) 83 Valpo 64
(Drake) 84 Belmont 69
(Providence) 79 Xavier 75
*Nebraska 85 Indiana 70
*Miss St 83 (Ole Miss) 71

2/22 bubble games
SMU @ *Florida Atlantic
(Grand Canyon) @ Tarleton State
Michigan @ *Northwestern
(Gonzaga) @ Portland
*Washington State @ Arizona
(Oregon) @ Stanford

Reactions: statenman
yea its complete BS. i was one of the believers that KP and NET are specific to what they are, and advertise themselves upfront as such... but it's becoming clear they're just flawed. Dayton has done nothing.

Lol. Dayton is far lower in KenPom than the human polls.

SHU projected as an 11 seed on BracketMatrix as of yesterday. Mississippi loss last night along with Texas A&M loss to Tennessee on Saturday can propel us to a 10 seed, if we take care of Butler.

Consensus amongst pollsters seems to be the bubble is stronger this year as opposed to years past. Unfortunate for us.

Reactions: NYC Pirate
A favorable statistic. Apparently this includes BET wins also. Pulled from the Boneyard, courtesy of "shizzle787":

Did a historical analysis on wins on Selection Sunday needed to make the field for all Big East teams since 13/14 (first year of New Big East). I did not include the 19/20 or 20/21 seasons due to COVID and I am not counting auto bids.

21 wins: Every Big East team with at least 21 wins on Selection Sunday has made the field.
20 wins: Big East teams with exactly 20 wins have gone dancing 33 out of 35 times (St. John's in 13/14 and Marquette in 15/16 are the two exceptions)
19 wins: Big East teams with exactly 19 wins have gone dancing 2 out of 4 times (Marquette in 17/18 and Georgetown in 18/19 are the two exceptions)
18 wins: potential at-large Big East teams with exactly 18 wins have never gone dancing (0-6)

To me this is clear data:
21 wins is a lock
20 wins and you are in (barring something unforeseen)
19 wins is 50/50
18 or less wins and you are out

A favorable statistic. Apparently this includes BET wins also. Pulled from the Boneyard, courtesy of "shizzle787":

Did a historical analysis on wins on Selection Sunday needed to make the field for all Big East teams since 13/14 (first year of New Big East). I did not include the 19/20 or 20/21 seasons due to COVID and I am not counting auto bids.

21 wins: Every Big East team with at least 21 wins on Selection Sunday has made the field.
20 wins: Big East teams with exactly 20 wins have gone dancing 33 out of 35 times (St. John's in 13/14 and Marquette in 15/16 are the two exceptions)
19 wins: Big East teams with exactly 19 wins have gone dancing 2 out of 4 times (Marquette in 17/18 and Georgetown in 18/19 are the two exceptions)
18 wins: potential at-large Big East teams with exactly 18 wins have never gone dancing (0-6)

To me this is clear data:
21 wins is a lock
20 wins and you are in (barring something unforeseen)
19 wins is 50/50
18 or less wins and you are out
great analysis

Not doubting your analysis but only 4 teams ever having had 19 wins on selection Sunday is crazy.
This is not my analysis. I simply read it on another forum and thought it was relevant, so I posted it here. I did not double check the statistics. Please keep in mind these statistics are only from the beginning of the 2013/14 season ("New" Big East) and do not include the 19/20 and 20/21 COVID seasons.

Dayton is 7-5 in Q1/2 and has seven top 100 NET wins (plus one over 101). Four of those wins are road/neutral. They have no losses outside Q2 (and just one outside Q1). Their Strength of Record is 15.

Seton Hall is 7-7 in Q1/2 with seven top 100 NET wins. Three of them are road. They have two Q3 losses. Their SOR is 42.

2/22 results (bubble) * nearing lock
*Washington St 77 Arizona 74
*Fla Atlantic 80 SMU 70
Tarleton St 77 (Grand Canyon) 74
*Northwestern 76 Michigan 62
(Gonzaga) 86 Portland 65
(Oregon) 78 Stanford 65

2/23 bubble games
(Princeton) @ Harvard
(Nevada) @ SJSU

Florida losing to Alabama in OT - good for SH. On a side note, tuned in just as Tyrese Samuel stepped to the free throw line and missed the front end of a one-and-one. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Not sure why that’s good, Florida is pretty safely in. Though agree not quite a lock, but I think if they slip to real bubble talk they’re above us regardless.

Of course, win tomorrow and these discussions are easier and easier.

Last edited:
Reactions: silkcitypirate
Florida losing to Alabama in OT - good for SH. On a side note, tuned in just as Tyrese Samuel stepped to the free throw line and missed the front end of a one-and-one. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
While Jaden shot it badly vs SJU, having two centers who dont make you cringe when they go to the line is nice.

Hell, it is great getting into the bonus with ten minutes to go and seeing it as an advantage. Not always the case around here lol.

While Jaden shot it badly vs SJU, having two centers who dont make you cringe when they go to the line is nice.

Hell, it is great getting into the bonus with ten minutes to go and seeing it as an advantage. Not always the case around here lol.
EHE has slipped a bit from the line too after a blazing hot start.

Our recent slippage is leaps and bounds over our peak performance most years. Its great to be excited to get to the line.

Reactions: Cool Danch
2/23 results (bubble) *nearing lock
(Princeton) 66 Harvard 53
(Nevada) 84 SJSU 63

2/24 bubble games
(Butler) @ (Seton Hall)!
*Vanderbilt @ *Florida
Duke @ (Wake)
(Cincinnati) @ *TCU
So Carolina @ (Ole Miss)
UNC @ *Virginia
*Oklahoma @ Oklahoma St
(Grand Canyon) @ Abilene Christian
(James Madison) @ Georgia So
Va Tech @ (Pitt)
*Texas @ Kansas
(Drake) @ No Iowa
(Princeton ) @ Dartmouth
(Oregon) @ California
(Boise State) @ Wyoming
(Texas A&M) @ Tennessee
*Colorado St @ UNLV
*Miss St @ LSU
(Utah) @ (Colorado)
San Diego @ *St Mary’s
Santa Clara @ (Gonzaga)

Dayton is 7-5 in Q1/2 and has seven top 100 NET wins (plus one over 101). Four of those wins are road/neutral. They have no losses outside Q2 (and just one outside Q1). Their Strength of Record is 15.

Seton Hall is 7-7 in Q1/2 with seven top 100 NET wins. Three of them are road. They have two Q3 losses. Their SOR is 42.
how many top 10 wins does each have, what about quad 1 which is what actually matters. right.

2/24 results (bubble) * nearing lock
(Seton Hall) 76 (Butler) 64
UConn 78 (Villanova) 54
Tennessee 86 (A&M) 51 (ouch)
(Wake) 83 Duke 79
Kansas 86 *Texas 67
UNC 54 (Virginia) 44
So Carolina 72 (Ole Miss) 59
UNLV 66 *Colorado St 60
(Kansas St) 84 BYU 74
*TCU 75 (Cincinnati) 57
*Oklahoma 84 Oklahoma State 82
Air Force 78 (New Mexico) 77 ouch
Abilene Christian 79 (Grand Canyon) 73 ouch
(James Madison) 80 Georgia So 74
(Pitt) 79 Va Tech 64
(Princeton) 68 Dartmouth 56
California 69 (Oregon) 64
*Boise State 92 Wyoming 72
(Indiana State) 88 UIC 73
*Miss St 87 LSU 67
(Colorado) 89 (Utah) 65 ouch
(Gonzaga) 94 Santa Clara 81

2/25 bubble games
Creighton @ (St John’s)
SMU @ (So Florida)
Memphis @ *Florida Atlantic
Ohio State @ *Michigan St
(Xavier) @ Marquette
(Minnesota) @ *Nebraska

Anyone want to take a guess of where we would be seeded if the team NET was in the 20s or 30s with the same exact W-Ls and Quad etc but better offensive efficiency?

according to Bac, who does a credible bracketology, we have 3 wins against the field as it’s currently imagined. Seems to be a common number among other of the last in bubble teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT