ADVERTISEMENT

Cal article in The Athletic

NYShoreGuy

All Universe
Gold Member
Jan 7, 2006
Shocked at the transparency...it is a pay wall subscription and I will adhere to policy of this board

Interesting read. Makes Kentucky’s facilities and NIL sound like amaterurish. Hardly. But really always comes back to relationships. Especially in that profession. The slightest slight or perception of one uncorks problems with the egos at that level.

There was an interesting tidbit from the news conference I picked up on, where a reporter asked about facilities upgrades that were in the works. I believe it was the AD sitting next to Cal said that at this point in time they need to put their investment into the players, insinuating the brick and mortar stuff will have to wait.

This will be the challenge for all schools going forward who heavily rely on donations to keep their athletic dept and facilities updated. Especially football schools.

With so much money right now going to players, I believe that it is not sustainable and donors will experience fatigue. How many millions were donated resulting in a first or second round exit.

In the future donors will be less likely to give Hunter Dickinson millions for 1 year and schools will have to once again get donations for the school and not the players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT