ADVERTISEMENT

Can't resist. Willard and Maryland go down to Davidson

King rice has had good early novembers in buy games
Last yr monmouth had no good months. Happy for him.

Md came back from 8 to tie it. One of his guys threw a bad inbounds pass. Davidson has a good frosh who hit a 3 to break the tie.

And zona beat duke at cameron.

I’m confused. When someone posted a thread about Willard earlier in the week, there were a bunch of “no one/who cares” type responses. So now, when he loses, everybody cares about it? It’s important now? Can we make up our minds, and show a little consistency?

Willard either matters or he doesn’t. This board’s schizophrenia over it is very disconcerting. Just my two cents.

Reactions: shuvrp and CaptBob
I’m confused. When someone posted a thread about Willard earlier in the week, there were a bunch of “no one/who cares” type responses. So now, when he loses, everybody cares about it? It’s important now? Can we make up our minds, and show a little consistency?

Willard either matters or he doesn’t. This board’s schizophrenia over it is very disconcerting. Just my two cents.
Seems easily reconcilable: some care, some don’t.

A lot of bitter ex girlfriends on here.

He was a head chef at a restaurant somewhat in peril. Some dishes were magnificent at times. The balance was mediocrity. He found better investors and moved on.
Yeah, well, 5 (6) NCAAT banners and two BE banners. Plus a couple in season tournament trophies. I’ll take it. Hopefully Sha brings us even more and better.

For the record...win, lose or draw I personally don't care

Reactions: PirateFan94

No one speaks for all of us. I wached the last 5 minutes so i had an opinion. If i dont doubt i would post. I dont like the way he left but i get it. I have a connection to him via a nephew and hear only good things about him as a man. I might like it if he loses sometimes but dont think that is a part of me to be proud of.

Willard had 1 ncaa tourney victory and because the program had been dormant for much of a 25 year range it is overhyped that he had great success. You can get me to the 2nd weekend 1 lousy, 1 time please.

Good programs make the ncaa tournament 7 to 8 times in a decade span, great programs win games and advance to the second weekend. Superior programs make final fours and play for national championships.

I was the original who cares poster. I’ll admit the first year I looked at every box score Rooting for them to lose. I can honestly say I couldn’t care less now. We know what will happen. He’ll have a decent year, make the tourney maybe win a game and go home. He could have done that here for the rest of his career. At MD that will get old fast. Excuse this year and next will be these aren’t his players and then they’re young. If he doesn’t make a do run by year 4 he’ll be gone.

Reactions: TomWall
Willard had 1 ncaa tourney victory and because the program had been dormant for much of a 25 year range it is overhyped that he had great success. You can get me to the 2nd weekend 1 lousy, 1 time please.

Good programs make the ncaa tournament 7 to 8 times in a decade span, great programs win games and advance to the second weekend. Superior programs make final fours and play for national championships.
Ummmm other than a 6 year period under PJ and 10 month period under Amaker, when had SHU been in the same breath as those good programs the last 60 years?

I love how these Willard threads spiral. I also do love the debate. We should have a dedicated “Maryland: Kevin Willard” thread because these are going to continue to pop up throughout the years to come. I must say, I do still follow him so I fall into the half of the board that still cares. It’s only natural when our decade long coach left us merely 2 years ago. I don’t fault anybody (myself included) for having an interest.

Multiple first round exits and never making the second weekend? Yeah. And it was 5. Stop with the Covid year.
Yeah, and I said hopefully Sha will do better. If you couldn’t enjoy our best sustained run since PJ then be prepared to be miserable because we have a way to go up get back up to Willard’s level despite the disappointments.

2020 was the opportunity for KW to silence the haters for good. Losing 5 out of the last 10 games to not win the regular season out right. solidified my ability to take advantage of every opportunity to poke fun at the clapping man.

A lot of bitter ex girlfriends on here.
A little bit of that for some, I think, but it can also be as simple as the guy wasn't likeable, had nothing but contempt for our very supportive PirateCrew.com community, and doesn't have anything to do with our program anymore, so when he stubs his toe, it's funny to laugh at him. I think that's reason enough. Nothing too deep, but I won't deny chuckling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT