ADVERTISEMENT

Centers

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
Yesterday we discussed the forwards. Today we'll discuss the centers.

How would you rate SHU's centers against the rest of the Big East's.

Delgado, backed up by Anderson & Anthony.

Top 3?

4-7?

Bottom 3?

Top 3 assuming totally in the back of Angel with the assumption that his defense improves. Anthony needs to prove he can play without fouling; Anderson a complete unknown.

Has to be top 3 no question.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Anderson play the 5 on D and Delgado the 4 when they are on the court together. Won't know for sure until we get to watch Anderson because as Pete notes above he is an unknown quantity.

Anthony might lose PT this season unless he improves from last season.

Tough kid who does the dirty work but he must play better D and of course reduce his fouls.

Top 4 but if he gets quality help from Anderson or Anthony or any of the other bigs could be top 3.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Anderson play the 5 on D and Delgado the 4 when they are on the court together. Won't know for sure until we get to watch Anderson because as Pete notes above he is an unknown quantity.

Anthony might lose PT this season unless he improves from last season.

Tough kid who does the dirty work but he must play better D and of course reduce his fouls.
I would have done this comparison with 4/5's and 3's instead of Forwards and Centers, simply because of what you've stated. More interchangeability at the 4/5 and hard to know who is playing what position where a 3 is a 3 for the most part. If we look at 4/5, we are in the middle third, and that's on the back of Angel. He is definitely a top 3 talent (assuming the D improves) but all the other 4/5's are unproven or question marks. At the 3, probably middle third as well, with Desi and Singh.

Agree with everything 100%

Should be no separate category for centers.

However, based on Delgado being one the of the best and the backups easily the worst, I'd say 4-7.

If these were added to the frontcourrt, Seton Hall would move into the lower 4-7 category for forewards, IMO.

Yesterday we discussed the forwards. Today we'll discuss the centers.

How would you rate SHU's centers against the rest of the Big East's.

Delgado, backed up by Anderson & Anthony.

Top 3?

4-7?

Bottom 3?

All I know is Delgado is the best rebounder in the BE, maybe the country. Who knows about Anderson. I do think Anthony will develop into a solid rotation player for us, but maybe not earn starting time until his Senior year. Big men develop slower than guards.

I like this years team. Need one big as a 4 to step up along side Delgado. If not, let DRod play the 4 and Veer the 3. The upperclassmen v freshman dynamics should not be an issue this year. Hopefully, Willard plays a 7-8 man rotation, lets them run, and doesn't "F"up the chemistry.

4-7. Delgado isn't better than Ochefu or Chrabacz. Other teams have better depth.

Should be no separate category for centers.

However, based on Delgado being one the of the best and the backups easily the worst, I'd say 4-7.

If these were added to the frontcourrt, Seton Hall would move into the lower 4-7 category for forewards, IMO.

Completely agree with SPK... Delgado alone is a 3-4 type "Center" with Anthony being a 8-10 type "Center" and Anderson most likely landing somewhere in the 6-8 range depending on health he could be a bit higher or lower.

4-7. Delgado is great, but without depth he plays the game in a constant fear of foul trouble, which leads to swiss cheese defense.

Reactions: shupat08
4-5 with Delgado and agree with assessments by others about Anderson. Anthony is the unknown and if he has improved and can give us quality minutes then maybe even 3.

Since we have no true centers (and maybe few teams still have a classic center anymore)...(Delgado, Anthony, and Anderson are all 4's)....I agree with spk145. It would be better to do the comparisons of frontcourt and backcourt with our team vs other big east teams.

Delgado is a power forward not a center. You can line up pokey winnington against mutumbo, it doesn't make Pokey a center.

Reactions: HallLine69
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT