ADVERTISEMENT

Committee: Bids Stolen by Champ Week

Piratz

All Universe
Gold Member
Mar 25, 2004
Man, so close. Yeah they could’ve done more but that’s a dagger. Woof.

Committee said 3 total past 2 years.

hard for me to buy into a conspiracy. but theres really nothing stopping these conferences from getting an extra bid by tanking the champ game. Were any of the seeds hurt by the bid stealers winning the championship game? no...

and for the metrics people here. shove it up your a$$. its abundantly clear thats all anyone is talking about when SELECTING these teams. wins dont matter, good wins dont matter. my interest in college sports is over. its NBA territory, WWE territory.

Well, Virginia should have been pick pocketed too.

How is St. john's not even in the picture???

I don’t think there are any conspiracies. I think teams got hot who were not going to be in without winning their tournaments. I mean NC State won 5 games in 5 days.

Yeah I think FAU and UVA and maybe MSU shouldn’t have been as highly regarded, but it doesn’t matter. We were in without these upsets. Given how this season started it was a fun ride.

We were in without 2-3 of them. It’s vvvvvv Seton Hall though. Brutal.

If no stolen bids like last year, Seton Hall and maybe St John’s get bids. Think we deserved a spot, but with so many upsets understand why we lost a spot.
I agree with you to a point but not with being looked over for Virginia and Texas A and M

Reactions: Turiddu
I agree with you to a point but not with being looked over for Virginia and Texas A and M
Texas A&M is a decent team. They closed out strong. Michigan St. Ok, but their seed? Virginia should be in the play in game or whatever they call it now, really not in at all if they are slapping BigEast around.

Mountain West is a tough call because they play an exciting brand of basketball. I don't have a good gauge on their OOC records and if they beat the big boys??

Texas A&M is a decent team. They closed out strong. Michigan St. Ok, but their seed? Virginia should be in the play in game or whatever they call it now, really not in at all if they are slapping BigEast around.

Mountain West is a tough call because they play an exciting brand of basketball. I don't have a good gauge on their OOC records and if they beat the big boys??
But Texas had bad losses !! That’s the issue and from the metrics have told us you can’t lose many if any Q3/4 and Texas lost multiple

The biggest slap is Virginia. That isn’t arguable on any level. It’s completely not defendable even if you did some reverse calculus.

The NCAA isn’t the Masters. You don’t deserve to get in all the time if you win it once.

Brackets aren’t based on merit

Virginia has zero Q3 losses and a good strength of resume. Maybe they don’t deserve to be in, maybe they do. Who knows.

There are so many criteria that there are effectively no criteria. If you want to avoid being snubbed as a bubble team, you need to be off the bubble. Plain and simple. If we beat a crappy Rutgers team, or a crappy USC team, or a crappy Iowa team, we aren’t having this conversation.

There’s nothing worse than a power 6 team whining about missing the tournament.

Virginia has zero Q3 losses and a good strength of resume. Maybe they don’t deserve to be in, maybe they do. Who knows.

There are so many criteria that there are effectively no criteria. If you want to avoid being snubbed as a bubble team, you need to be off the bubble. Plain and simple. If we beat a crappy Rutgers team, or a crappy USC team, or a crappy Iowa team, we aren’t having this conversation.

There’s nothing worse than a power 6 team whining about missing the tournament.
I’m sorry but even with the Rutgers win this team is clearly out

It’s a minor miracle we were this close with the team we had in Nov/Dec. we made huge strides, it just wasn’t enough by 2 teams.

Hey we almost won a natty too. Wasn’t enough. Cest la vie.

Virginia shouldn’t have been in.

TCU, Michigan St, and A&M got the big football bias.

FAU was only in because of last season. Resume didn’t dictate it.

Shame to put below middle of the pack SEC/B10/B12 teams over a top 1/3rd big east team
UVA is a metrics entry. It’s not bc they beat many good teams.

Because they are CBS/P5 puppets. Jay sat there silently, because he's also a puppet.
From big East commissioner to cbs puppet. :) I like Jay but speak up about his old conference only getting 3 bids. Unless I missed it. Did not hear it.

Reactions: shupat08
I don’t think there are any conspiracies. I think teams got hot who were not going to be in without winning their tournaments. I mean NC State won 5 games in 5 days.

Yeah I think FAU and UVA and maybe MSU shouldn’t have been as highly regarded, but it doesn’t matter. We were in without these upsets. Given how this season started it was a fun ride.

And the team NC state beat on the 5th day, got a 1 and maybe an easier draw than UConn.

UVA is a metrics entry. It’s not bc they beat many good teams.
I think the other “criteria” they speak of is which of the bubble teams have the capability of beating some of the giants. Who has the cache from doing it during the season.

Virginia?

Can we select any other school in their history that’s lost more games to double digit seeds in the tourney recently?

A team like FAU should lose their bid for losing to a team at the bottom of their conference. It’s the equivalent to losing to Georgetown losing to temple.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT