ADVERTISEMENT

Committee: Bids Stolen by Champ Week

Virginia has zero Q3 losses and a good strength of resume. Maybe they don’t deserve to be in, maybe they do. Who knows.

There are so many criteria that there are effectively no criteria. If you want to avoid being snubbed as a bubble team, you need to be off the bubble. Plain and simple. If we beat a crappy Rutgers team, or a crappy USC team, or a crappy Iowa team, we aren’t having this conversation.

There’s nothing worse than a power 6 team whining about missing the tournament.
And you conveniently overlook that SHU beat UCONN and Marquett, won 13 BE games and had 5 Q1 wins. We had one Q1 loss. UVA had twoQ1 wins and went 4-5 down the stretch. I just don’t understand posters who all seem to focus on SHU’s negatives and give other teams a pass.

I think the bottom line is the reality is 5 teams weren’t getting in without winning their tournaments and getting auto bids.

Our resume had enough holes that we were not that insulated. We all knew this risk after our non-con. It’s ok. That’s life. We had a real good year, some exciting home wins. Can you debate us against FAU, UVA, the MWC two? Sure. But it took a 5-card straight to knock us out. Some odds.

And you conveniently overlook that SHU beat UCONN and Marquett, won 13 BE games and had 5 Q1 wins. We had one Q1 loss. UVA had twoQ1 wins and went 4-5 down the stretch. I just don’t understand posters who all seem to focus on SHU’s negatives and give other teams a pass.
I don’t overlook anything. Unlike you I realize there’s a world that exists outside south orange, NJ.

Seton hall was a bubble team. They had some good things on their resume. They had some bad things on their resume. So did the other bubble teams.

If I were choosing the field I would have picked Seton Hall. I want teams in the field that can beat top seeds like UCONN and Marquette. SHU has proven they can do that. They also finished 4th in a brutal league and have a superstar young coach who has shown he can win in the NCAA.

But at the end of the day SHU was on the bubble. If you don’t want to be at the whim of the committee, earn your way off the bubble. Not hard for a P6 team.

Reactions: shu09 and Piratz
I think the bottom line is the reality is 5 teams weren’t getting in without winning their tournaments and getting auto bids.

Our resume had enough holes that we were not that insulated. We all knew this risk after our non-con. It’s ok. That’s life. We had a real good year, some exciting home wins. Can you debate us against FAU, UVA, the MWC two? Sure. But it took a 5-card straight to knock us out. Some odds.
I like that perspective

I don’t overlook anything. Unlike you I realize there’s a world that exists outside south orange, NJ.

Seton hall was a bubble team. They had some good things on their resume. They had some bad things on their resume. So did the other bubble teams.

If I were choosing the field I would have picked Seton Hall. I want teams in the field that can beat top seeds like UCONN and Marquette. SHU has proven they can do that. They also finished 4th in a brutal league and have a superstar young coach who has shown he can win in the NCAA.

But at the end of the day SHU was on the bubble. If you don’t want to be at the whim of the committee, earn your way off the bubble. Not hard for a P6 team.
Agree with you. Why didn’t you present such a balanced assessment in your earlier comment. You just focus on the negatives. And don’t give me some BS about only focusing on SHU. You didn’t seem to know about the full extent of UVA’s resume. The full extent of Texas A&M resume. So you proclaim bland generalities about playing your way off the bubble. What the heck does that mean? They won 20 games and went 13-7 in the #2 rated conference. Did they have blemishes, sure but their resume is better than several teams that did get in. Just present both sides rather than lead with the negatives.

So you proclaim bland generalities about playing your way off the bubble. What the heck does that mean? They won 20 games and went 13-7 in the #2 rated conference.
Seton Hall lost to Rutgers, USC and Iowa. They struggled with Monmouth. Their best player sat out multiple games with general soreness. They got run out of the gym against Marquette, Nova, Creighton, UCONN and SJU. Is that specific enough for you?

“They won 20 games and went 13-7 in the #2 rated conference.” And you’re accusing me of not giving the full picture? Looooooollll

so why win the game? just dog it and let your conference get 1 more team. tournament games dont matter until they do... until they dont.... until they do....
Yep. Seems like it is too much work for the committee

Seton Hall lost to Rutgers, USC and Iowa. They struggled with Monmouth. Their best player sat out multiple games with general soreness. They got run out of the gym against Marquette, Nova, Creighton, UCONN and SJU. Is that specific enough for you?

“They won 20 games and went 13-7 in the #2 rated conference.” And you’re accusing me of not giving the full picture? Looooooollll
Now do Virginia.

Yes, start with the 35 point loss to VA Tech and finish with the 6 times they scored less than 40 points
People out there want to act all smart and use the standard line “don’t be on the bubble. Play better. Don’t get blown out. Win more.” And then you look at some of these teams that got in ahead of us and one word comes to mind. Corruption.

To me New Mexico was impressive all weekend.

UNC lost to a team playing its 5th game in 5 consecutive nights and retained a 1
ACC should have had an al large bid taken for allowing NC State to win the tournement. Whoever was on the bubble should no longer be considered. Woudl be the same if Georgetown or DePaul won the tournement in BE. Someone from our conference on the bubble should be eliminated. There is no excuse to lose to a team that bad.

• Haha
Reactions: shu09 and hallwins
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT