ADVERTISEMENT

Constructing a bench

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
Maybe not everyone will agree with me but I truly believe our starting five can hold their own against every team in the conference. It's the next 8 players that give Pirate fans pause.

Here's what I have seen in the early going

Elijah Hutchins-Everett

I have been slightly disappointed to date and now admit sight unseen I may have been too positive. Earlier I noted that I thought he might start for the Pirates in the middle based on what I was hearing. But now that I have seen him I'll correct that to this....

Elijah needs seasoning. He is not a true center as he lacks the physicality, the back to the basket moves, the defensive skill and an ability to go up strong. Instead his game which is being reconstructed every day in practice is more as an athletic 4 with face up ability.

All that said we have to be patient. EHE did not come here from a major program and even admitted that the practices at Seton Hall were nothing like they were at Austin Peay.

Give him at least until the end of December and then we'll all have a better feel for what he can do and where he is in the rotation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News