ADVERTISEMENT

Dawes Carried Us

I agree. Al always plays hard but showed a lot of character out there tonight. Announcer said it best, "Dawes looks like a kid who doesn't want to take that Seton Hall jersey off."

Kadary did not look interested in playing. Hopefully it was just a bad day and he'll finish up strong.

I agree. Al always plays hard but showed a lot of character out there tonight. Announcer said it best, "Dawes looks like a kid who doesn't want to take that Seton Hall jersey off."

Kadary did not look interested in playing. Hopefully it was just a bad day and he'll finish up strong.
Lots of respect for Dawes on that performance. To me Khadary looked injured.

St Joes closed off the middle on Richmond but gave up a lot of 3s. We made enough. Dawes has given everything he has the entire season.

Last edited:
Dawes never seems tired...plays his ass off and has the heart of a tiger.
Has that shooters mentality and thank heaven he does.
Say what you want about Wasu..he gives 110%
Dre had some good minutes and key plays.
Sha has to get Richmond back to his game.

What the heck were we doing on our inbound defense? I think they scored 15 points on inbounds plays under the basket!

Dawes was the culprit on most of them. Have to take the good with the bad with him.

Richmond where were you tonight??
Kadary and Dre are really the only guys with legitimate professional career opportunities. I’m sure Kadary is minimizing his risk while playing and probably secretly wishes they declined but felt pressure to say yes for his teammates

Kadary is a great talent and carried us for much of the season. However, he still has issues with his mindset. When he's motivated and playing well he can dominate. But he sometimes looks like he's not giving his all when defenses are frustrating him. In these times he throws up ugly shots rather than work the paint and begs for calls from the refs.

When Sha went small we went on our run. Great move.
This. SJU was too quick for our bigs; were constantly going downhill.
Kadary is a great talent and carried us for much of the season. However, he still has issues with his mindset. When he's motivated and playing well he can dominate. But he sometimes looks like he's not giving his all when defenses are frustrating him. In these times he throws up ugly shots rather than work the paint and begs for calls from the refs.
If he had Dawes’ tenacity, he’d be unstoppable.

You could see Kadarys frustration going into OT. Dawes had this look in his eyes like he want losing this and Kadary was saying something super animated. When I saw that I kind of felt a little better that he wasn't checked out as much as their defense was causing issues. Hopefully Sha can get him back to elite level by Saturday. 🤷

and yes it was obvious dre and kadary didn't care. these NIT games for good teams are mostly traps. some players don't care. some want to enter the portal. there is a good chance you lose and make yourself look bad. i think 80% of the top teams lost in the first round.

i still think we should decline it. kadary should also make it easy on everyone and stop pretending he's a team player

He was like the guy in pickup who didn’t want to play but was dragged out so the team had 5.
Please stop with this incredibly silly comment.

Do not take his stoic demeanor for not caring. His shot was off last night but how many excellent defensive plays did he make all game long? Especially late in OT with a steal and a blocked shot.

I'm glad for the players and Sha that we won. It sure would be fun to make a run to Vegas (lame its not at MSG anymore), two wins away. North Texas is better than people think.

Reactions: Piratz
and yes it was obvious dre and kadary didn't care. these NIT games for good teams are mostly traps. some players don't care. some want to enter the portal. there is a good chance you lose and make yourself look bad. i think 80% of the top teams lost in the first round.

i still think we should decline it. kadary should also make it easy on everyone and stop pretending he's a team player
Davis didn't care? Again, what are you guys watching? Davis had a poor shooting game but played like a warrior all game long.

Played 45 minutes without a break. Led the team with 11 rebounds and 3 blocked shots including the one that probably won the game.

Yet he didn't care.

Unbelievable.

Davis didn't care? Again, what are you guys watching? Davis had a poor shooting game but played like a warrior all game long.

Played 45 minutes without a break. Led the team with 11 rebounds and 3 blocked shots including the one that won the game in O/T.

Yet he didn't care.

Unbelievable.
he looked like he didn't care. especially early on i thi k he had four turnovers. if you think otherwise i wouldn't argue. hes never been one to have that reputation.

kadary on the other hand...

You and I clearly watched different games.

I can't believe you said Davis didn't care.

And you're comment about Kooks is just as much off base, His shot poorly but played 41 minutes with 6 boards, 5 assists, 4 steals and a crucial block late in OT.

Walsh Gym was the last place Khadary wanted to be last night. Let's hope that the 2nd round gives him a little motivation.

Reactions: shu09

We must have been watching different games.

Walsh Gym was the last place Khadary wanted to be last night. Let's hope that the 2nd round gives him a little motivation.
We're all sick to our stomachs that we didn't make the NCAA Tourney and we're fans. Think about how some of the players feel 48 hours after learning that they didn't make the cut. Everyone reacts differently. Kadary is the leader of this team and unfortunately, the team didn't get to where he was hoping to lead them. Cut him some slack. You have no idea how he was feeling last night.

Reactions: mbraue and Turiddu
Sheesh, how about we give it a rest with Richmond? We won the game. He was hurt at midseason so it's probably not a stretch to say he's not going at 100% right now. He logs 41 minutes and then the narrative is he "doesn't want to be there." Pretty ridiculous.

I'm glad for the players and Sha that we won. It sure would be fun to make a run to Vegas (lame its not at MSG anymore), two wins away. North Texas is better than people think.
The NIT final four is in Indianapolis at Hinkle Fieldhouse. Not Vegas.

Reactions: shu09
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT