ADVERTISEMENT

Delgado

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
As expected Angel Delgado was invited to the Dominican Republic Pan Am Games training camp.

For immediate release – June 30, 2015

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic – Sophomore forward Angel Delgado (Bajos De Haina, Dominican Republic) of the Seton Hall men’s basketball team has been invited to the Dominican Republic training camp for selection to the national team that will represent the country at the 2015 Pan American Games in Toronto, national team general manager Raul Pena announced Monday.

Delgado is among 17 invitees vying for 12 spots on the final roster of athletes who will travel to Toronto to compete for a medal at the Pan Am Games. Francisco Garcia, an 11-year veteran of the NBA with the Sacramento Kings and Houston Rockets, is also among the 17 headed to training camp, which will commence on July 1.

Coming off one of the best freshman campaigns in Seton Hall history, Delgado is already a heavily decorated student-athletes. He was crowned the 2015 BIG EAST Rookie of the Year after winning the conference’s rebounding title (10.7 rebounds per game) and producing the most double-doubles of any player in the league (10).

Delgado also finished tops in the nation in rebounding among all freshmen, averaging 9.8 per contest. Overall, he ranked 22nd in the nation in rebounding and 13th in the country in offensive rebounding (3.6 per game). His presence on the national stage helped him earn Metropolitan Writers Div. I Co-Rookie of the Year honors.

The Pan American Games are a multi-sport event featuring teams from North, South and Central American and the Caribbean, which are organized by the Pan American Sports Organization (PASO) and played every four years in the year preceding the Olympics (2011, 2015, 2019, etc.).

The basketball portion of the Pan Am Games will take place at the historic Ryerson Athletic Centre (formerly known as Maple Leaf Gardens) July 21-25, beginning with round-robin group play. The Dominican Republic has been placed in Group B alongside Canada, Mexico and Argentina. Group A consists of the United States, Brazil, Puerto Rico and Venezuela. The top two teams in each group will advance to the semifinals, and the two winners will square off for the championship.

Good grief, do you ever have a sustained happy thought? Be happy for the kid and leave it at that.

I'm tired of your constant snipping at me and if it annoys you stop reading my posts. Every time I post you make a comment and no matter how petty your comments are , and this post is petty. I'll keep expressing my views despite your campaign to stop me.

I'm tired of your constant snipping at me and if it annoys you stop reading my posts. Every time I post you make a comment and no matter how petty your comments are , and this post is petty. I'll keep expressing my views despite your campaign to stop me.
It is not like our program has been plagued by injuries........................

Delgado could get hurt regardless of whether he plays in these games or not, just like any player. It's not like he'd otherwise sit around and not play basketball.

Great news if he makes it and plays against real summer competition.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT