ADVERTISEMENT

Dre is not MIP

This is where the coaches got it wrong. Xavier was a better team last season, therefore Claude's improvement was a non-factor in the team's success. Dre's improvement was in all areas of his game and has a lot to do with our success. Carino is right. It would be interesting to see how the coaches voted, did Dre get any votes?

Unfortunate but maybe it’s what leads him to a huge March and motivates him to come back and be in the running for BE POY next year

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
This is where the coaches got it wrong. Xavier was a better team last season, therefore Claude's improvement was a non-factor in the team's success. Dre's improvement was in all areas of his game and has a lot to do with our success. Carino is right. It would be interesting to see how the coaches voted, did Dre get any votes?
Agreed. Team success should mean something!

Unfortunate but maybe it’s what leads him to a huge March and motivates him to come back and be in the running for BE POY next year
Yea, somehow I don't think him not winning is going to be the motivating factor in this respect, lol.....

Now, let's pretend the reverse. Dre Davis with his statistics on Xavier. Claude on Seton Hall, same statistics, the better team last year.

Xavier kid wins, or you go with the Hall player no matter what?

Yea, somehow I don't think him not winning is going to be the motivating factor in this respect, lol.....
People draw motivation from many different things. To some being told you can’t or you didn’t deserve something is a true motivator. I don’t know him personally so I can’t say but I’m sure players with a certain DNA will use it.

Reactions: PF58
If worthy, of course. But I have inside contacts and I know what the expectations were.

Notice the last few games what the announcers were saying about Davis and most improved? That was no coincidence.

Claude went from nobody to serviceable player on a bad team
Dre went from serviceable on a bad team to being a star on an NCAA tournament team.

Not sure what the deciding factor was, but I’m happy about this because knowing what we know about Dre… he’s going to come out and prove himself

He most certainly was in the running. So much so that the school was pushing him hard behind the scenes.
Well obviously the
He most certainly was in the running. So much so that the school was pushing him hard behind the scenes.
OK but to win this award means you come back from a subpar year last year or as some would say a " bad year"
Dre played well last year and looked terrific at times I thought..

Reactions: lloyde dobler
Ya if you look at this objectively you can't be mad. Claude averaged like 5 PPG last season. Dre was very good last year

Reactions: HallLine69
Certainly fair points.

Davis bumped his average up from 9.6 PPG to 14.9 PPG this year shooting over 50% both seasons.

Ya if you look at this objectively you can't be mad. Claude averaged like 5 PPG last season. Dre was very good last year
X lost 4 starters from last year. Their 5th got hurt and never played this season. I’m sure Claude improved but his numbers are dramatically better because all the guys in front of him last year are either gone or hurt.

Davis increased his production on basically the same team as last year.

Make em pay!

Claude made a big jump and is a really good player. Davis made the more consequential jump.

meanwhile Jerry PALM continues 2 have us in the last 4 in with a 13-7 Big East Record , last 4 in means sweating, I aint sweating

just hate seeing it, what 13-7 big east team is last 4 in ever????? now on this game their showing now the halftime show segment is about SHU/SJU with a bid on the line

I love that someone called 16 PPG serviceable. I’ll take some serviceable players.

Like to see Dre go big for tournament MVP.

Reactions: Piratz and mzadnik
Dre had a great season for us. Hope he comes back to become a 1st team all Big East candidate next year. Realize that may not be a high probability.

Agreed. Davis had a 123.2 offensive rating and a 104.5 defensive rating.

Claude had a 105.2 offensive rating and a very good 108.7 defensive rating.

Davis certainly the better season, but it’s close enough.

Dre had a great season for us. Hope he comes back to become a 1st team all Big East candidate next year. Realize that may not be a high probability.
Would love to see him back, but in one of articles about him last week mentioned parents were moving back to Indiana, to me that said he will not be back here next year, but we can always dream.

Would love to see him back, but in one of articles about him last week mentioned parents were moving back to Indiana, to me that said he will not be back here next year, but we can always dream.
Wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up at ND, IU or Butler to make it easier on family. On the other hand, his wife/partner is done at SPU, so she can spend more time with their baby.

Lower is better for defensive rating.
Got it. My bad.

So I’m guessing the number equates to the level of points they would give up to their matchups in 100 possessions, correct ?

And I guess that means that Dre pretty much was better in just about every category.

Reactions: Bud Boomer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT