ADVERTISEMENT

Duval to Duke...

He hasn't officially" announced. Yesterday he Snapchatted that he was in Durham, then deleted it said he wasn't visiting Duke, then it was reported he did in fact visit Duke.

Writing is on the wall.

He hasn't officially" announced. Yesterday he Snapchatted that he was in Durham, then deleted it said he wasn't visiting Duke, then it was reported he did in fact visit Duke.

If this is the case, then I don't think this poster has made an inappropriate post. If this is indeed the case, it would sound to me like the necessary modeling contracts or similar needed to be cleared up prior to an announcement. Cannot compete with that, so oh well.

I sincerely apologize. I was just re-iterating the supposed chain of events of the past few days. I know I don't post much but that is only because I prefer reading everyone else's opinions and comments.

I don't find Porter's post inappropriate at all. He just stated the facts.

I don't find Porter's post inappropriate at all. He just stated the facts.

I don't think the reference was to Porter's post. I think the original post was said to be in appropriate because it hasn't happened yet.

You guys have lost your minds

46, this is why statements use "if". Maybe it is not over, it never is until it is, but no one who sees how stiff the competition is with Duke and its wide ranging resources and emoluments can be faulted with losing a bit of heart. We are not blind even while we remain hopeful in some manner.

I get it blue just was really referencing all these threads and the insistent over analyzation of things...Also the fact that's so many folks haven't heard of these recruitment announcement videos which are every where and are the norm. But still feel free to bash duval over it. I just think some folks on the board think recruiting in 1993 is the same today it's not. Anway I have faith in the staff.

Ive heard of kids announcing on tv like whitehead did but I'll be the first to admit that commitment videos are news to me. for those like me who have never heard of this here are a few examples....

I know he's 99.9% going to Duke, but any chance the staff tries getting one last meeting w/ Duval like we did w/ Whitehead when most ppl thought he was going to STJ?

Maybe he just needed video footage of Duke He was in ny few weeks ago so that's when he got Hall footage Now he just making a nice video where he will eventually choose the hall ha ha.

Wouldn't shooting a commitment video on a campus violate some NCAA rule? Just thinking how ridiculous the NCAA gets, any use of university grounds or equipment would violate some rule.

I get it blue just was really referencing all these threads and the insistent over analyzation of things...Also the fact that's so many folks haven't heard of these recruitment announcement videos which are every where and are the norm. But still feel free to bash duval over it. I just think some folks on the board think recruiting in 1993 is the same today it's not. Anway I have faith in the staff.

I understand, but I am not bashing Duval, just want to make that point in turn. Our staff have been doing a very strong job in terms of being in it.

Reactions: setonball46
Things have changed, circumstances, Jerry... force majeure, acts of God.

images

We all knew the risk of chasing the white stag. Fantasy season is over. Now we have to get back to our primary responsibility of putting a capable PG and depth around our Seniors to make a run next March.

Reactions: HallLine69
We've recruited our a&& off for Duvall. If the kid goes elsewhere, so be it. Hard to fault anyone for choosing Duke.

Whitehead comp doesn't work here though, unless we are hiring Duvall's coach or Dad. The last "meeting" with Whitehead didn't swing anything until Willard agreed to hire Tiny.

I know he's 99.9% going to Duke, but any chance the staff tries getting one last meeting w/ Duval like we did w/ Whitehead when most ppl thought he was going to STJ?

Reactions: lokiSHU
Because on this message board, the last place the player visited is where he will end up. Go back a few pages when Duval was here for his visit, and read what the experts were saying. Not just with Duval, but with most players that we all want.
Give it a few days, the rhetoric will change again.

Nova cat it is better for us to know then be in this perpetual state of suspended animation, although everyone seems to feel he is done and at Duke as we speak. Just would like to stop the speculation and move on with our lives. Thank you in advance if you have any "real news" we can deal with. A Grateful Pirate.

Reactions: PKT_SP13
Very annoying when people title their posts like it's a done deal based on speculation no matter how strong indications are. Only novices post "done" type posts without a credible source.

Please lets continue to adhere to this guideline, Frank

Reactions: shupat08
Very annoying when people title their posts like it's a done deal based on speculation no matter how strong indications are. Only novices post "done" type posts without a credible source.

Please lets continue to adhere to this guideline, Frank

SPK said it was done. His "dones" mean something and are reliable.

Don't give up hope for a strong point guard! Stay tuned...

So you're saying that you have inside information from a legit source with connections who says that we now have a chance with landing Duval again?

Or are you just speculating since we just landed Sandro and he makes our team more enticing (which he does)?

Or are you saying you have a source telling you that we are landing a DIFFERENT PG soon?

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
I'm not giving up hope he was in NYC last weekend and on SHU's campus what the weekend before? What if he's just getting clips of both top schools to keep everyone in suspense until the very end? We know our players read the board so I would assume our recruits do the same, so if he hasn't announced yet why are we posting he's going to Duke and writing him off. Believe... we just got Sandro.

So you're saying that you have inside information from a legit source with connections who says that we now have a chance with landing Duval again?

Or are you just speculating since we just landed Sandro and he makes our team more enticing (which he does)?

Or are you saying you have a source telling you that we are landing a DIFFERENT PG soon?
Duval just followed a bunch of Duke players on Twitter, including that choad Graysen Allen, so I think the inevitable is a done deal. I'm guessing the announcement to Duke is forthcoming.

All good. Happy with our commit today and hopeful we will get a starting caliber PG.

Sincerely,

- "Jock Sniffa"

Wish him, but not Duke well. (queue the 2018 Duke title)

Reactions: shupat08
Duval just followed a bunch of Duke players on Twitter, including that choad Graysen Allen, so I think the inevitable is a done deal. I'm guessing the announcement to Duke is forthcoming.

All good. Happy with our commit today and hopeful we will get a starting caliber PG.

Sincerely,

- "Jock Sniffa"

Wish him, but not Duke well. (queue the 2018 Duke title)

Exactly... Time to give up on the Duval train. IDK why people can't give up.

Reactions: Pirate64
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT