ADVERTISEMENT

EHE to James Madison

man-lands-on-moon-1969-newspaper-reprint.jpg

was it that horrible to play here? he has no starter in front of him YET here

was it that horrible to play here? he has no starter in front of him YET here
Maybe that is the point. We have guys we are looking at that may prevent him from being a starter.

I would think EHE wanted starter minutes or a starting spot. If we are not prepared to commit to that, there may be a reason.

I have no idea if the above is the case, but there are two sides to the portal.

Maybe he really thought that Sha was going to use him 50-50 with Bediako as Sha had said to reporters and as the season went on that did not happen and he soured on being a Pirate. My guess,

Reactions: hallwins
EHE was playing like 65% of his team minutes his first two seasons at Austin Peay, averaging 26 MPG with a high usage rate. He averaged half that here at most. He felt he could try the bigger stage and took a huge step backwards in terms of playing time and production because it just wasn’t there. I thought he’d be better here than he was because he seemed more athletic to me in the past. While he had some moments, he looked a step slow all the time and not strong enough in the paint. He was a solid back-up center and he would’ve needed a really strong offseason of conditioning and development, but the leap he’d need to take to be more than what he was is substantial.

Now he can be a starter and good player with regular minutes again by taking this step down and going to JMU

hes not gonna be in the NBA so why cant they just enjoy their role

Maybe that is the point. We have guys we are looking at that may prevent him from being a starter.

I would think EHE wanted starter minutes or a starting spot. If we are not prepared to commit to that, there may be a reason.

I have no idea if the above is the case, but there are two sides to the portal.
Like Scotty Middleton

Reactions: garyshu71
IronKaz hates the portal, if it helps us cool, but in the end I miss the days of "recruiting classes"

Reactions: mbraue
Is it also offensive to you that fans on fixed incomes or with young families feel obligated to donate just so their college team can remain competitive? It's not like a full athletic scholarship has no value. I'm all for "student athletes" getting compensated but there needs to be a limit.

Is it also offensive to you that fans on fixed incomes or with young families feel obligated to donate just so their college team can remain competitive? It's not like a full athletic scholarship has no value. I'm all for "student athletes" getting compensated but there needs to be a limit.
No one has to donate a single penny

Reactions: lloyde dobler
Maybe it was suggested that he explore his options.
EHE, from what we’ve seen is not a starting BE center. If he wants to start and get starter money, he wasn’t going to get it here. Pay for a “Supreme Cook” type with Goodswill as a 10-12 mpg back-up.

Reactions: TheHall87
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT