ADVERTISEMENT

Final who ya got of the season

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
Two best teams in the country battle it out. Big 10 vs Big East

Staying loyal to the league...

UConn 76

Purdue 71

Yesterday was UConn’s test. Clingan and Edny cancel each other out today. UConn with another double digit MM win. The dominance continues. 84-66.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
I think Purdue does exactly what Virginia does and goes from losing to a 16 seed to winning a National Championship. And in the process, they prevent UCONN from winning back to back titles, and thankfully crushing the world's most obnoxious fanbase.

UConn’s guards and wings are much better and I think they are one of the few teams equipped to deal with Edney and not overplaying him leading to open players.

I think Purdue gives them their toughest challenge but Connecticut prevails again. Maybe like 74-68.

BIG EAST > little 10
UCONN > purdue

The best conference in the country > most overrated conference in the country

The mountainless west natty drought continues!

Reactions: CL82
I think Purdue does exactly what Virginia does and goes from losing to a 16 seed to winning a National Championship. And in the process, they prevent UCONN from winning back to back titles, and thankfully crushing the world's most obnoxious fanbase.
No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

Limit Edey as much as possible. That could mean 30 points. Try to get him into foul trouble to take him off the court. He’s going to have to deal with size too this time. Obviously, smother the other Purdue shooters. Like when UConn is patient and go to the rim. Good things happen
UConn 76
Purdue 71

Old friend CL, you have to admit that Conn fans are really untitled as if winning is a birthright if you live in CT. Living herein CT, I see and hear that every day, including from many of my close friends who are Conn graduates. The very tired Storrs South and 6th borough talk gets tedious. Having said that I am rooting for the Conn to win another natty as it helps the Hall and the conference but Pirate Russ has a point. Hurley has created the "us against the world" halo which doesn't sit well with many fans. You guys love it but opposing fans feel differently. You're a smart fan - you have to see and acknowledge that.

Reactions: Pirate Russ
UConn wins as they are better in all positions except center in where it is a draw in my opinion

Old friend CL, you have to admit that Conn fans are really untitled as if winning is a birthright if you live in CT. Living herein CT, I see and hear that every day, including from many of my close friends who are Conn graduates. The very tired Storrs South and 6th borough talk gets tedious. Having said that I am rooting for the Conn to win another natty as it helps the Hall and the conference but Pirate Russ has a point. Hurley has created the "us against the world" halo which doesn't sit well with many fans. You guys love it but opposing fans feel differently. You're a smart fan - you have to see and acknowledge that.
Oh, I get it. Hurley would be incredibly unlikable if he wasn't our coach, but he is, so we love the guy. Cam Spencer could well be the most annoying guy on the planet but he backs it up on the court so he's a fan favorite.

As to the fans, there's no doubt about it that we are a rabid fanbase about our team. my friend, you are just living in the wrong state if you don't want to hear about Connecticut basketball, especially this time of year. Heck, even in my neighborhood here in Jersey Connecticut flags are flying and neighbors are stopping me as I walk my dog to talk about Connecticut. This year's team is special and it's caught the nations attention. That won't always be the case, but it is the case this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: CT Pirate
Hurley’s “us against the world” attitude, I think, has included the entire BIG EAST most recently, especially with the disrespect the conference received from the NCAA (and inexplicably our commissioner). He’s also won so his attitude is justified.

The most obnoxious fan base, IMHO, is not up in Stores, their attitude is justified. The most obnoxious fan base in the country is the one down the NJ Turnpike that hasn’t done squat but try and ride the coattails of everyone else.

UConn 88
Purdue 73

Emergence of Castle puts them way over the top
Go Big East!

Reactions: CL82
I think UConn routs Purdue. If UConn is hitting the outside shot, this is going to be a blow out. I believe Clingan will out play Edey. And the battle of the behemoths match fizzles.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Oh, I get it. Hurley would be incredibly unlikable if he wasn't our coach, but he is, so we love the guy. Cam Spencer could well be the most annoying guy on the planet but he backs it up on the court so he's a fan favorite.

As to the fans, there's no doubt about it that we are a rabid fanbase and our team. my friend, you are just living in the wrong state if you don't want to hear about Connecticut basketball, especially this time of year. Heck, even in my neighborhood here in Jersey Connecticut flags are flying and neighbors are stopping me as I walk my dog to talk about Connecticut. This year's team is special and it's caught the nations attention. That won't always be the case, but it is the case this year.
I cant think of a coach who has made a more positive impression on me during a ff than danny.

I think Clingan is quicker than Edey, more athletic and better defensively. Edey might be a bit better offensively in a structured offense.

I think Clingan is quicker than Edey, more athletic and better defensively. Edey might be a bit better offensively in a structured offense.
I think Uconn wins for sure. Will be interesting to see how they call Edey/Clingan -- Clingan gets in foul trouble at times, but Edey is also impossible to ref. It's almost like how Shaq was in the NBA.

Con: Don’t like UConvicts
Pros: BE Team
Coached by SH alum
UConvicts by 5

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT