ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Willard now

I understand that some people are disappointed, but how exactly is this an embarrassment? Gibbs earned his diploma and is now moving on as a graduate transfer. It's what many college basketball players are doing these days. You can fault Willard for his recruiting and bench coaching, but not for this.

I understand that some people are disappointed, but how exactly is this an embarrassment? Gibbs earned his diploma and is now moving on as a graduate transfer. It's what many college basketball players are doing these days. You can fault Willard for his recruiting and bench coaching, but not for this.

Jim, are you kidding that you can't blame Willard for Gibbs transferring? This is exactly Willard's fault. Willard is the worst coach ever to come here and will leave Seton Hall in the worst shape. Willard is a disgrace. I don't know how much I can actually take with this program.

Jim, are you kidding that you can't blame Willard for Gibbs transferring? This is exactly Willard's fault. Willard is the worst coach ever to come here and will leave Seton Hall in the worst shape. Willard is a disgrace. I don't know how much I can actually take with this program.
Agreed, to say this doesn't reflect poorly on Willard is beyond my comprehension. It's not like Gibbs is a guy buried on the bench or isn't getting enough minutes. He was the best player on the team and a BE PoY front-runner for 3/4 of the year...

Reactions: Hallhoops
but but guys....im sure he's transferring simply b/c we don't offer the grad program that he wants, right? What an f'ing joke.

I don't know if I can even bring myself to go to the Wichita State game now.

Willard needs to be canned at this point. I was hoping that with Gibbs and the younger guys getting along we could turn it around this year but he has to go.

Danny Hurley (or an equivalent) won't be around much longer so the school needs to make decisions about the future this year or we will be cemented at the bottom of the Big East for a long time. We need a coach with passion and drive that can coach, develop players, and recruit without feeling like it's a burden.

Can someone start a fire Willard fund or can ticket donations be used to get rid of him. This is f ing horrible when he was hired it was a head scratcher and now not firing him is shot in the back by our crappy leadership

Willard is garbage. We will be garbage because of him. Someone take out the trash.

I just unfollowed him on Twitter. It can't get any worse than that.
The bigger question is why were you following him in the first place? Were you hoping for a cryptic/stealth tweet on him being able to close a recruit without an asst spot available?

The bigger question is why were you following him in the first place? Were you hoping for a cryptic/stealth tweet on him being able to close a recruit without an asst spot available?

Good one

What else could you do and not be fired? The guy is 15-39 in the Big East over the past 3 seasons, 30-60 in 5 years without a single .500 finish in the conference and zero NCAA Tournament appearances.

The team was a missed shot from losing 10 consecutive games to end Year 5. They have had their starting backcourt transfer out, both local kids and constant reports of a terrible locker room.

I mean, what the heck? What are we holding onto here? Money? Friendship?

First time on the new Rival's message board. I have to get used to it for sure. Anyway, it seems as though there will be a continuing unwinding of the basketball program as we move ahead. Either everything will come together or we'll see more issues surfacing. That's the reality of the situation. You sense some apathy and I'd say hostility toward the program. All we can do is wait out the process. Mullin to SJU has already hurt us and now Gibbs is taking his talent out of South Orange. Too bad for all of us that we've had to deal with this stuff for almost 10 years now. What will April 2016 look like?

Isn't there video of Willard hitting his players, verbal abuse, sex tape or anything? Come on people we have to get him out now!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT