ADVERTISEMENT

Francessa yesterday

Seton75

Beyond All Universe
Gold Member
Jun 4, 2001
UCLA down two, last possession of the game. Alford is 8-10 from three. Mike says Brown has to tell them to foul and tie the game up rather than giving the kid the chance to beat him. He turned out to be right, but isn't that about the dumbest strategy ever for a team in the lead to follow?

Did he really say that? That might be the dumbest thing I have heard.

I liten to him maybe 10 minutes on days that I can. Then forget it. He thinks he is someone special and hes just a wise ass. I feel bad for a lot of callers who have legitimate questions and if he doesn't think the question is worthy or in his mind thinks its a dumb question hejust says something like he doesn't have time for this and hangs up. Cant say here what I think of him but he reminds me of that host on the FAN years ago. PETE FRANKLIN. Another nasty SOB. Francesa is the same way. And his predictions Manhattan and a lot of NFL are so ba its a joke.

A friend of mine used to negotiate his contract. It's ridiculous what this fat bully made about five years ago and I knew the rough range of his annual salary and it was crazy to think about.

Like him or not, he and Mad Dog virtually invented sports talk radio, he still gets great ratings, and thus deserves a lot of money.

heard that also, at least the goaltending rant was worth the price of admission. Mike used to be a great college hoops TV guy too. He'll just parachute in now for a few days in March.

Wait you're all saying that the man is dumb for being right? Yea on the surface it sounds dumb, but if youre right youre right. They should have fouled him and taken the last shot for the win or OT. Sounds ridiculous, but its how it played out.

SMU is sitting at home because they didnt do it. cant beat facts.

SMU is home cause a ref made an all time bad call, and SMU could have just as easily lost in regulation on a missed ft followup, or in OT. Everything that happens didn't happen cause someone made a smart move. In this instance, his strategy would have probably given SMU a chance in OT, but it wouldn't have given them a win, it would have given them a 90% chance at not winning in regulation. In most instances, it would be a move remembered by hoops fans when the coach dies...he was the guy...

I wouldn't even listen to that moron blow hard if they told me it would lead to Willard being let go

Not regarding the Francessa recommendation but regarding the game - the previous possession before the goaltending call SMU made a terrible turnover on a lazy pass. They score there and they are probably still playing tomorrow.

And while I thought it was a bad goaltending call, depending on the angle the ref had it could have looked like goaltending in real time. Barkley who played a little ball in his day thought it was goaltending.

I felt so bad for that player shouldering the blame. That is a bang bang play - I don't think he did anything that a lot of players would not have done there.

When you saw or heard that play and the mention of a bad goaltending call, did it remind you guys of any recent game? How about our first game in the NBE, when we got called for that phantom goaltending against PC, the replay clearly showed we never touched the ball, but we were told that goaltending calls are not reviewable.

Originally posted by Shuathelete:
Wait you're all saying that the man is dumb for being right? Yea on the surface it sounds dumb, but if youre right youre right. They should have fouled him and taken the last shot for the win or OT. Sounds ridiculous, but its how it played out.

SMU is sitting at home because they didnt do it. cant beat facts.
That's somewhat flawed. They actually did what you're supposed to do...defend the three and he threw up an air ball vs. giving him FT's to tie the game. Just because someone makes a costly mistake or refs missed a bad call (take your pick), doesn't make the strategy wrong.

Don't forget Looney of UCLA had the rebound for a point blank put back. We already know SMU missed two good looks in the final seconds.

So, even if the refs do not make the goal tend call it is probably headed to OT.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT