ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Pirates vs. Georgetown

Looked like it was going to be a total blowout. Plenty for them to look at there it all fell apart. But big credit to get back on top and escape with the win

I have surgery early tomorrow morning and have to be there at 6:00am. Thought I could go to bed early in a very calm mood. No such luck.

Reactions: LBP43
Like we've all seen, Dawes has the ability to lead this team to incredible wins (and squeakers like this one). I'm glad he's finally getting his season put together so that he is actually doing that.

Reactions: Hall-O-Daze
All 3 guards stepped up in a big way, close one but way to take it at the end.

Seeking some more mea culpas from the Dawes haters. Guy saved our bacon again

Or people are honest, he was bad early in the season - very bad. But Sha (and HallDan) were right, he had to keep shooting. He’s the X-factor. Great game for him tonight, he not only shot a high percentage but his three’s were so timely. He’s $$ from the line. At the end of the day almost everyone here just wants us to win, which we’ve been doing. Go Hall

I have surgery early tomorrow morning and have to be there at 6:00am. Thought I could go to bed early in a very calm mood. No such luck.
nah. think of how many years we drop that trap game. we got the win and our team needed to prove they could avoid the bad loss (for now). only problem is that they played like they should have lost it.

Or people are honest, he was bad early in the season - very bad. But Sha (and HallDan) were right, he had to keep shooting. He’s the X-factor. Great game for him tonight, he not only shot a high percentage but his three’s were so timely. He’s $$ from the line. At the end of the day almost everyone here just wants us to win, which we’ve been doing. Go Hall
100%. Once he got into a flow, our season looked up in a big way. And now we're 4-1 and #1 in the conference.

Reactions: Gritty5837

People said he was terrible, not a d1 player, incredibly dumb, and even uglier things. That's not honest. It's mean and wrong

Last edited:

he had a decent game vs MU and a great one vs gtown. doesnt erase the rest of the season. sha had him under control the last two games.

Glad we pulled this out. Coming from behind, after leading the whole game, showed quite a bit of poise. That said, there are some things we really need to tighten up.
like the 18 or so turnovers...... in a way it's good they were tested tonight...... keeps 'em hungry. A couple days break to rest legs I'm sure will be welcome though.

Reactions: Hall-O-Daze
he had a decent game vs MU and a great one vs gtown. doesnt erase the rest of the season. sha had him under control the last two games.
Not a fan, but he was a couple wild passes and one crazy drive away from just about a perfect game. Credit due.

When we were down 3.... I was the calmest I was all night. strange but I just had that positive feeling.... these guys have not hung their heads when down. Credit SHA.....

Well Sha better get on their azz for turn over after turn over the last 2 games.

I think I’ve watched every Georgetown game this year, except maybe 1 or 2. Tonight was the best they’ve looked all year (aside from the first few minutes).

Major dodged bullet. This loss literally would’ve cancelled out the good wins. Jeez.

Good teams find a way. This is a game that Seton Hall teams of the past just don’t show up for, and then lose. (Not naming names of coaches)

A win is a win. 1st place in the conference feels incredible. Cheers. Go Pirates.

Lol, that was enjoyable and very relaxing. Had to listen to WSOU in the car for the last 7 minutes in just awful weather. Did not see the last part of the game but it sounded like we were more than fortunate. Dawes free throws were so clutch after Wusu stepped to the plate on defense. 24-8 was the worst thing that could have happened. It was too easy and took their intensity away. Could care less about a bad metric win. A crushing, crushing metric loss would have been disastrous.

Last edited:
Reactions: halltheway
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT