ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Pirates vs SJU at the Garden

Did they not work on how to beat the press at practice? We are being so lazy with the ball dribbling through the legs, going through three defenders when they are all swiping at it.

Awful, awful half of basketball. Very disappointing. I thought the team had turned a corner and had left performances like this in the past. They can't possibly play any worse in the second half. The only question is did they dig too big of a hole for themselves?

Better fix issues with press and turnovers. We get a team similar to St. John’s in March it could be a problem. Let’s see what happens. Plenty of time left in this game.

Reactions: SHUMA04
There was very little Social Media bragging during that 6 game streak after that RU beat down. There was a ton of social media bragging Thursday and Friday.

Wonder if there's a correlation? Resting on laurels is a signature of SHU bball for the past 5-6 years.

There's nothing less important than the halftime score, the Pirates have been here before and it's time to step up!!!
SPK I wish I was as confident, our guys look like a MAAC team today, why couldnt we just take care of business

If we can get St Johns to play their offense in the half court, they can’t score and turn it over. If they keep getting 2 on 1 breaks they’ll win.

On defense St Johns is somehow packing the middle while still pressing up on the perimeter.

We're not playing against Chris Mullen anymore. This is a well coached team. St Johns got VERY luck landing this guy...don't even think he was their 3rd choice but the guy's a rock solid coach. Very different St Johns team than we're used to playing.

I stopped looking at our schedule and saying we should beat this team and that team. Each matchup is unique

Reactions: chickenbox
Did they not work on how to beat the press at practice? We are being so lazy with the ball dribbling through the legs, going through three defenders when they are all swiping at it.

it’s a weakness for us due to personnel. It wasn’t going to be solved in one day of practice.

Get the ball into the frontcourt and then be patient.

Get it to 7 with 10 minutes as a goal here in this half.

And while we are finding fault..... Is there a new TV promotional spot in the offing? We've been playing the one where the kid invented soccer shoes for three years. I'd be surprised if any of those kids are still at the Hall.

Ball handlers and nobody we can dump it inside to in order to stop a run. Our weakness is exposed.

great we scored 5 in a row and let em come right back to it, back to zero

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT