ADVERTISEMENT

Harper

Hallball85

Recruit
Gold Member
Apr 3, 2019
Harper is official to Rutgers. Have the number 2 and 3 recruits in the class. Cannot believe they got this done

Reactions: CL82
That's very exciting for them and will certainly add some juice to the rivalry. It's nice to see kids like Ace and Dylan take the road less traveled and commit to a school like Rutgers.

Now im pissed. We have seniors and super seniors and we suck. Its a talent issue. Time to pull guys who suck it up or take stupid shots or drive into double teams. Enough is enough. What do we have to lose?This season is finished and these guys are gone next year. So if we are gonna lose, start proving a point

Credit to Pike for being able to sell why these kids should go there compared to other schools that were throwing no doubt similar money at them.
They were out bid with big adidas money .

valencia-spain-april-25-2023-600nw-2293213071.jpg

Harper isn't as good as you think, I see him play yearly since he plays in my teams conference (Bergen Catholic) he is good but not THAT good, doesn't takeover games and make you go wow

Reactions: LBP43
As I just texted someone, somewhere is Tommy Amaker is smirking at the idea of a Jersey school bringing in a potential #1 recruiting class.

Now excuse me, while I throw up
Naturally, my mind goes right to that class and how we were headed to the Final Four, and how the Sweet Sixteen team in 2000 was just a tasty appetizer to the real stuff.

Uh huh….

So, yeah … you just never know how it’s going to go. That said, I’d be thrilled to take my chances with these guys too, so I certainly can’t question the elation they’re feeling there. I’d be the same way … again.

Last edited:
Harper isnt as good as you think, I see him play yearly since he plays in my teams conference (Bergen Catholic) he is good but not THAT good, doesnt takeover games and make you go wtf
That honestly may not be the worst thing. Bailey and Harper may compliment each other more than fight for the ball in their hands.

They were out bid with big adidias money .
I’m not doubting that. But everyone assumes these kids go to the highest bidder. If I’m advising my son, and especially if I’m a kid like Harper that comes from family money, the $ plus the coach and program are factors. I’d happily take a bit less if I didn’t trust the coach and program to help get me to the next level. Because this is only one step in the kids journey and we’ve seen plenty of so called one and done or two and done kids not make it.

Heavy rumors RU will be a Nike school next year.
Around a year or two before Covid, I was at a day for high school kids at the Hale Center, where various people within the RU Athletics Dept gave presentations, on things like nutrition, training, mental health, life skills… the training people were talking about footwear, and were trashing Nike shoes, and how they are poorly designed and bad for your feet. Couldn’t help but think how it was very soon after Rutgers switched to Adidas. Wonder what they’d say if they go back to Nike. Of course the only thing that matters for any school is $$$$.

Sha better start making some new connections or start cheating or start bringing some influential people on staff otherwise we’re toast for a long time. This season already looks like it could be one of the worst in a very long time.. then we’re starting over next year with question marks. Not good

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: donnie_baseball
They will go on a winning streak vs us.Like to know what NIL $ they got.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT