ADVERTISEMENT

How good is Jerry C

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
Good enough to be the only local writer to cover the NIT final. He flew out to Hinkle to cover the Pirates. No other NJ/NY media member did the same.

Pirate fans we have gold with Jerry Carino's coverage of local BB, especially as concerns the Pirates.

It always annoyed me that the NSL WAS 5 miles down the road and barely gave us the time of day

Pitino has taken over the NY Post-- but believe the love may return

Others seem to disagree, but I've always felt the excellent Jerry Carino slightly favors the Pirates over the Scarlet Knights.

Much like the Village of South Orange
The Village is pathetic! And to think the mayor or village president, whatever they call the position, is an SHU alum! Ugh!

The university needs to find a way to somehow get students, faculty and staff living and voting in South Orange so we can finally get the respect we deserve! Right now it seems the NCAA selection committee all live in South Orange!

Others seem to disagree, but I've always felt the excellent Jerry Carino slightly favors the Pirates over the Scarlet Knights.
Well, he's an SHU grad. But I know for a fact that he loves all the Jersey schools. He can't say as a media personality that he roots for them, but I'll let you all judge for yourselves.

Jerry is simply good people.

Jerry is the best !

His passion for college basketball is unmatched!

Every time I see Jerry - which is often at games - I always go out of my way to say hi !

And what separates Jerry amongst other of his peers is his enthusiasm to converse with the normal fan !

Not only is Jerry an exceptional journalist and passionate fan - but he is most importantly a wonderful human being !

Seton Hall is very fortunate to count Jerry as one if its alums!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT