ADVERTISEMENT

Hurley leaving court telling fans he will knock them out

Hey Danny did you ever hear that you win with class but if you respect the game you lose with class as well.

Really? That's it, as thousands of fans were streaming the court? Very tame compared to Cooley's response (reported here by one poster) after game at the Rock. And was Shaheen exchanging well wishes with St. John's fans Sunday while Pitino was waiting in the hand shake line?

Did he actually say that? Seems like he's just giving it back to the fans and you can't really tell what he says.

Would it have been better to ignore them and just walk into the tunnel? Yes, but this seems to be trying to make something out of very little.

What a bunch of snowflakes at Creighton, no wonder Nebraska has such rough winters.

A friend who attended the SJU game said that fans and students were brutal and vulgar towards Sha and the players. Can’t fault a coach for losing his temper at some point.
I was at the game Sunday and thought that the St. John fans were mostly passive and at the end of the game the hundreds of Hall fans took over the arena. Believe it or not our arena and home crowd has a much better environment.

Reactions: mbraue
In the scheme of things it seemed like a relatively minor offense. Still, he needs to avoid reacting and responding.

You can take the kid out of Jersey City, but you can't take the Jersey City out of the kid. As a JC native, I suffer from the same malady.

An old guy like me shouldnt be the person to tell y'all that Dan is an LL Cool J fan and he was singing "Mama said knock you out"

Last edited:
Reactions: lloyde dobler
Creighton fans need to remember this is the BE. If you storm the court after a conference game you will get some words thrown back at you . Same if you cut down the nets like they did after our game years ago.

Gotta remember, it’s Nebraska. They’re a little different out there.
Take a school from the middle of nowhere, put them in the Big East, and this is what we get. Hell of a team. Hell of a fanbase. We should only hope to have a fraction of the support that they get. But please…act like you’ve been there before!

Reactions: catholicman
I think Hurley is caught up in the NCAA Champions,#1 Team rush. It's gone to his head.

Take a school from the middle of nowhere, put them in the Big East, and this is what we get. Hell of a team. Hell of a fanbase. We should only hope to have a fraction of the support that they get. But please…act like you’ve been there before!

Hurley is the coach of the defending champs, I think he is the one who needs to act like he's been there before. Any fanbase in the country would storm the court after beating the #1 team in the country (except in Newark, where you would get clotheslined).

"But please…act like you’ve been there before!" By the turn-out last night and the electricity in the place, they seem to get it. Someone posted that their "fans are soft." No as soft as our fans---- esp students, apparently. Kids didn't go to the Xavier game last week because the busses were cold! If we beat UCONN last night at the Rock under the same circumstances, wouldn't our fans have stormed the floor? Well, if they had been there.

Hurley is the coach of the defending champs, I think he is the one who needs to act like he's been there before. Any fanbase in the country would storm the court after beating the #1 team in the country (except in Newark, where you would get clotheslined).
I don’t see anything wrong with what he did and I also think that storming the court is dumb.

@MBF72 — I said in my original post that I think their fanbase is awesome. What I would give to get that big of a turnout. They deserve a winning program. What I don’t agree with is the court storming.

Seems like this is a complete lie, watch the video.

Thank you for the truth. People here want to act like Hurley is an out of control lunatic when our coach was the one who got into a physical altercation with another coach. Get a grip. They’re all lunatics and that’s why they’re employed at the highest level.

UConn’s Dan Hurley lashes out at Creighton fans in ugly scene after upset​

By Matt Ehalt

Creighton fans made life miserable for Dan Hurley and UConn on Tuesday.

A rowdy crowd at the CHI Health Center serenaded the Huskies’ coach with “F–k Dan Hurley” chants during the Bluejays’ 85-66 win over the nation’s top-ranked team.

Hurley, never one to back down, seemed quite agitated with the crowd after the game, with the Jersey City native yelling at multiple fans on his way to the locker room.

While it’s hard to decipher what he said moments before or what induced the reaction, Hurley seemingly can be heard in one video saying “I’ll knock you out” while pointing toward the stands.

It’s possible Hurley’s response was a reference to a potential Big East Tournament matchup, with the games set to get underway at Madison Square Garden next month.

“Welcome to Omaha, Hurley!” a fan yells in the background as Hurley walks by. “Hurley, welcome to Omaha, baby.”

Another video shows Hurley being chastised by fans when he emerged from the tunnel — seemingly at halftime — while talking with a police officer.

“What are you complaining about?” one fan yells.

Hurley is one of the most passionate coaches in the sport and it appears hearing “f–k (you)” all night in a 19-point beatdown finally got to him.

Those videos obviously also only show one side of the incidents.

Regardless of what was said, Tuesday’s game further cemented the CHI Health Center as a house of horrors for Hurley and the Huskies.

UConn, which had won 14 straight game entering the game, is now 0-4 all-time on the road against the Bluejays, with all the losses coming in the last four seasons since the Huskies re-joined the Big East.

The Huskies actually jumped out to an early 7-0 lead Tuesday before a 3-point onslaught from Creighton paved the path for UConn’s worst loss of the season.

Creighton shot 14-of-28 from deep, including 8-of-15 in the first half in building a 43-29 lead.

“Just kind of ran into a buzzsaw there,” Hurley said after the game. “We ran into a team that, obviously the environment and the opportunity … they caught us tonight.”

Storming the court seemed very odd for a ranked team winning at home. I can get DePaul having their 10 fans storming the court, but Creighton fans should be expecting a victory.

Reactions: Hall Is Life
Thank you for the truth. People here want to act like Hurley is an out of control lunatic when our coach was the one who got into a physical altercation with another coach. Get a grip. They’re all lunatics and that’s why they’re employed at the highest level.
They take a sound bite and cut it to fit a narrative. It’s disgusting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT