ADVERTISEMENT

I kept hearing.........

IronKaz1

All World
Gold Member
Mar 21, 2004
Two weeks ago, if SHU beats Nova they are most likely in, if they beat Depaul they CLINCH the NCAA"s, and how conference tournaments dont really move the needle, now that we lost all of us suddenly changed?

My opinion has not changed since beating Nova.

You never know if the committee will do something differently this year, but historically conference tournaments have not meant much at all.

I think the order is likely done but auto-bids could shift that a bit to knock us into Dayton. We should have some room before we'd be knocked out entirely though.

We dont know. I have not been searching for opinions cause the game really bummed me out . Has any bracketeer had us out?

Every bracket I've seen has us as the 5th Big East team in the dance.

A lot of it is fevered pitch of this week. But there’s legit shifting bc other teams are notching bigger wins, bids getting stolen, see how it all shakes out.

I think you guys are in, but a win over St. John's would've clinched it. I would've rather the score be tighter on the loss as well. You will have to see on selection Sunday, but I like your odds.

Reactions: Turiddu and Piratz
Two weeks ago, if SHU beats Nova they are most likely in, if they beat Depaul they CLINCH the NCAA"s, and how conference tournaments dont really move the needle, now that we lost all of us suddenly changed?
Our team does not play or exist in a vacuum. There are a dozen other teams on the bubble all doing different things -- winning and losing -- and there are also teams not even on the bubble charging in to steal bids from other bubbalicious teams.

We're still "in" on most forecasts. Wachtel has us in the play-in game as an 11 seed. Lunardi has us last 4 in. That's a few spots ahead of Jerry Palm, who has consistently had us on the outside. He now has us last 4 out.

DeCourcy has now dropped us to his last 4 in and in Dayton.

Well in 2003 we were the first BE team that was 10-6 to be left out. We also lost in first round of BET and only had 17 wins though

I dont care about being in Dayton, actually prefer it, it means we play a 6 seed originally and if we win 3

Well in 2003 we were the first BE team that was 10-6 to be left out. We also lost in first round of BET and only had 17 wins though
This is not factually correct. Shu beat miami to make the QF in the old big east east west routine and got handled by uconn...shu also had a poor ooc that year...there were no play in rounds and rpi was the net so really not a true comparison

This is not factually correct. Shu beat miami to make the QF in the old big east east west routine and got handled by uconn...shu also had a poor ooc that year...there were no play in rounds and rpi was the net so really not a true comparison
Ok. That wasn’t my recollection. But I’d wager we were the first 10-6 to be left out.

And obviously we had a poor OOC. I think that season’s turn around began with the G’town 6 man game

I still wanna know why were all so worried when they stated beat Nova your LIKELY in, beat Depaul your IN, now we lose to SJU on their home court *when people said conference tournaments dont matter * and we suddenly are no longer in......

Beating St. John’s yesterday would have made us a lock. It was a very bad performance and others on bubble are making stronger case. Conference tournaments matter. Still think we might get in but far from lock now. Others are jumping past us.

we were a LOCK after beating nova and depaul last week suddenly no ?

Might be enough but root for Marquette, Illinois, North Carolina and Kentucky later just in case.

Last edited:
we were a LOCK after beating nova and depaul last week suddenly no ?
It's unfortunate that Seton Hall only has one reporter really covering this team. People are going to take whatever he says as gospel because, well, there's nobody else to say anything else. He's the only person of any note to say Seton Hall was a lock and he's set himself up to look like a fool. They were never a lock. Anyone who seriously follows the selection process knows that. They were at one point likely and anyone saying that would have been correct. But they were absolutely, positively never a lock. Now they're not even likely. 50-50.

You're not a lock for the tournament just because your one beat reporter says so.

I'll now go crawl back into the hole I've been hiding in for years.

Reactions: shu09 and Jerry1992
shouldnt how we ended matter plus I hear "kadarys injury games" are taken into consideration

I always thought the Committee was more concern with final 3rd of the season .

I still wanna know why were all so worried when they stated beat Nova your LIKELY in, beat Depaul your IN, now we lose to SJU on their home court *when people said conference tournaments dont matter * and we suddenly are no longer in......
Because no one really knows.

But…Wachtel has been incredibly accurate in the past…so I’m going with him! LOL

Reactions: Jerry1992
if 13-7 in our conference is no good what the f is
I think it’s all related to how “good” is that record. Meaning, as someone else has pointed out, we had basically 4 automatic wins…so that gets us to 9-7 against the “competitive “ members of the conference.

Like it or not, those are real facts.

So…we may still need some help. I think we’re still in…but…depends a lot on what happens with the other bubble teams

Reactions: Jerry1992
I think it’s all related to how “good” is that record. Meaning, as someone else has pointed out, we had basically 4 automatic wins…so that gets us to 9-7 against the “competitive “ members of the conference.

Like it or not, those are real facts.

So…we may still need some help. I think we’re still in…but…depends a lot on what happens with the other bubble teams
You also beat uconn without big man and beat pc when a top 3 player is lost to injury

You also beat uconn without big man and beat pc when a top 3 player is lost to injury
“You”? Aren’t you a Hall fan? Shouldn’t that be “we”?

But yes I get the point.

But you could cut apart a lot of games. So to get that deep is tough…you’d have to dissect everyone’s games that deep.

But I agree, it record was not as impressive as the numbers might indicate.

But will we get a bid? We’ll see.

What will we do with it? We’ll also see.

Based on our season, we were very up and down…so we’ll have to see who shows up

“You”? Aren’t you a Hall fan? Shouldn’t that be “we”?

But yes I get the point.

But you could cut apart a lot of games. So to get that deep is tough…you’d have to dissect everyone’s games that deep.

But I agree, it record was not as impressive as the numbers might indicate.

But will we get a bid? We’ll see.

What will we do with it? We’ll also see.

Based on our season, we were very up and down…so we’ll have to see who shows up
I am a supporter through an objective lens...yes games without kadary at full health and playing also are taken into account

Reactions: Flnj86
With St Johns surging & Prov beating Creighton we are in trouble. If Prov should knock off Marquette tonight, we will be on the outside looking in. Have to root for Market--

Because that is what fans do. Also, 95% of the projections had RU in last year so you never know. It is natural to assume worst cast scenario. I think you are in, but I don't know anything. ( well maybe more than Jerry Palm. BTW, on the RU board BAC does a really good job with this stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT