ADVERTISEMENT

It’s official: Kadary to St. John’s

People do what they have to do. Some people take paycuts to be where they want, some people want as much money as they can stuff their pockets with, and some people have jobs they pretend to like until something else comes along.

While I don't know if Kadary falls into #2 and #3 there, I do know he certainly doesn't fit #1. Appreciate what he did while he was here, but that's it. Not going to "wish him the best" because, realistically, the best for him means a less-than-best outcome for Seton Hall. I don't wish him anything because I won't think about him anymore, let St. Johns fans do all the wishing now. You're either trying to help us win, or trying to help us lose. He's clearly doing the latter now.

I don’t blame Kadary for taking the money as a 5th Year Sr player. I just think at some point there should be boundaries on players moving to different teams in the same conference, This is a mess. I don’t want to hear about the Posh and Addae wusu thing since they are essentially told by Pitino to leave.

Pitino and St John’s can go to hell as far as I’m concerned. I hope this situation totally backfires on them.

I have no problem with this in the new landscape. I would have no problem taking Villanova players if we could afford it. Players are like most workers now, here to collect a paycheck that's it.
Why not want the league to as strong as it can be? Better KR stayed in Big East than go to ACC -- has to help SHU and others in recruiting - Nothing better than Nova ; Gtwn ; UConn et al having strong Teams

SPK Let's look for Repole at the Prudential Center. Lol We can laugh in his face after we kick SJU a-ss on the court. (We are going to bring it that game).

I heard Val is going to be seated behind the SJ bench.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHallguy2
SPK Let's look for Repole at the Prudential Center. Lol We can laugh in his face after we kick SJU a-ss on the court. (We are going to bring it that game).

I heard Val is going to be seated behind the SJ bench.
So much better for FUN factor than KR going to Duke/Oklahoma ( and I love being entertained at SHU basketball).

Whenever we celebrate the NIT team at the halftime of a game whether it’s 10, 15, 25 years from now he will not be welcome back. Had he went to any other school not named Rutgers, St. john’s or Nova he would have been welcome back with open arms but he ruined that

Wish him well, I’m sure Sha will have a good game plan. Look forward to the game should be fun game to win. Money doesn’t buy victories.

Reactions: Flnj86
Whenever we celebrate the NIT team at the halftime of a game whether it’s 10, 15, 25 years from now he will not be welcome back. Had he went to any other school not named Rutgers, St. john’s or Nova he would have been welcome back with open arms but he ruined that
Even UConn RSPIrate? :cool:

Wish him well, I’m sure Sha will have a good game plan. Look forward to the game should be fun game to win. Money doesn’t buy victories.
If that was the case, Kentucky would have a lot more championships.

I posted elsewhere that I think Kadary is a Northeast kid and is comfortable in this environment. I just can’t see him at Oklahoma all else being equal. Duke? Does he look like a Duke guy to you? I don’t like it but him staying in the metro area is just who he is. Now let’s beat Pitino next year.

What are the 3 great years people keep mentioning? We got blasted out of the NCAA tournament in a no-show game, and we had 2 years of NIT. Wow, what a run!

He will be booed, and he deserves to be booed. He also won't care, and he shouldn't care. He's a professional earning a pay check, and you're fooling yourself if you think any differently.

This has seemingly been a done deal for a while now.
You still can’t let your #1 rival outbid you for your best player like that. It’s embarrassing. Hope this sends a message to our professional NIL people that we are still way behind and we need to do a hell of a lot better!

Reactions: buckfoston824
KR doesn’t owe us shit. We didn’t pay up. Hometown discount is a fantasy. Seems like the money “earmarked” for Davis and KR went to Sha’s raise. How much could these new guys possibly fetch on the open market besides Middleton and Coleman. It’s borderline A-10 spending, period. We are going to get run over in this conference if the NIL isn’t remediated immediately and that is the bottom line.

KR doesn’t owe us shit. We didn’t pay up. Hometown discount is a fantasy. Seems like the money “earmarked” for Davis and KR went to Sha’s raise. How much could these new guys possibly fetch on the open market besides Middleton and Coleman. It’s borderline A-10 spending, period. We are going to get run over in this conference if the NIL isn’t remediated immediately and that is the bottom line.
Just like we got run over this past year?

However Kadary Richmond St. John’s Tenure plays out, it still won’t chance the fact that Mike Repol’es horse was the favorite to win the Kentucky Derby and didn’t even finish in the money.

You still can’t let your #1 rival outbid you for your best player like that. It’s embarrassing. Hope this sends a message to our professional NIL people that we are still way behind and we need to do a hell of a lot better!
This is no different than the Giants letting Saquon go. They didn't make the best offer and let him go. And he was certainly their best player. Nobody has to like it but it is what is for everyone in a situation like this. KR is probably not getting drafted and has to do what he has to do.

Reactions: LBP43
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT