ADVERTISEMENT

It’s official: Kadary to St. John’s

Why not want the league to as strong as it can be? Better KR stayed in Big East than go to ACC -- has to help SHU and others in recruiting - Nothing better than Nova ; Gtwn ; UConn et al having strong Teams
I honestly don't care. What did having a strong league amount to this year? One needs to worry about oneself, first and foremost. A "friend" literally just stole food off our plate and we are supposed to what, be grateful that food went to him instead of some stranger? Hunger pains are hunger pains.

I feel similar to when Amaker left: didn't wish him any ill, but if he never won another game, I'd be OK.

The part that sucks is it illustrates how far behind we are from our closest peers in the Big East. I can live with big public P5 teams out spending us but this is a kick in the groin.
This is different. You have the backing of a billionaire. Without that one guy SJU is no better than us.

Yep. He pulled a Powell and ruined his legacy as a Pirate.

Anyone want my Kooks Tee Shirts?

:mad:
Dan, i will use mine for my painting projects.

He is more talented than powell imo but he doesnt compare to myles as a pirate. Myles accomplished tons more

Dan, I will use mine for my painting projects.

OR

890-srt45x352p500.jpg

But don't most major schools have at least one of these guys?
Maybe the FB schools do. But not as many non FB schools do. We have one on the west coast but he has no interest in getting involved.

They were supposed to have put together a monster team this past year, but it was a dud.
It’s a fair point, and the pieces of next years team don’t really fit, but Deivon, Richmond and Aaron Scott is a big haul.

Dan, i will use mine for my painting projects.

He is more talented than powell imo but he doesnt compare to myles as a pirate. Myles accomplished tons more
Ill take myles all day. Fearless alpha shooter. Became such a great driver and finisher. Kadary has the worst slowest 3 pt ahot and many games he struggled to finish.

Bunch of jilted lovers here. He gave us a lot in his years here and is now doing a graduate year elsewhere for more money like hundreds of other players.
I don’t think it’s a jilted lover thing.

If a Duke player played 3 years there and went to North Carolina, there would be bad blood. Same with UCLA to USC. Washington to Wash St, etc.

It’s called being a sports fan if a team.

I think if any SHU fan feels apathy, I question their fandom

Yep. He pulled a Powell and ruined his legacy as a Pirate.

Anyone want my Kooks Tee Shirts?

:mad:

I wouldn’t say he went Powell far. That guy was trying to sue SHU and throw its coaching staff under the bus.

Kadary is basically going home and making a ton of $$ that he may never get as a pro. People say he could go pro overseas, but that is not always a guarantee of getting paid. Hear horror stories of guys going months not getting paid over there.

Reactions: LBP43
I don’t think it’s a jilted lover thing.

If a Duke player played 3 years there and went to North Carolina, there would be bad blood. Same with UCLA to USC. Washington to Wash St, etc.

It’s called being a sports fan if a team.

I think if any SHU fan feels apathy, I question their fandom

It's definately a jilted lover thing. This is NOT the same as tranferring from Duke to NC; it's closer to transferring from NC state to Virginia. Kooks gave us his all, improved every year and eventually led us to an NIT 'chip. He is the model for a student-athlete in 2024. Im not going to boo like an imbecile because he made the best decision for him and his family.

Yes, it is disappointing when i consider my own personal outlook, but I am happy for Kadary.

It's definately a jilted lover thing. This is NOT the same as tranferring from Duke to NC; it's closer to transferring from NC state to Virginia. Kooks gave us his all, improved every year and eventually led us to an NIT 'chip. He is the model for a student-athlete in 2024. Im not going to boo like an imbecile because he made the best decision for him and his family.

Yes, it is disappointing when i consider my own personal outlook, but I am happy for Kadary.

LOL 😆

Reactions: shu09 and hallstorm
This is unfortunate. Losing our star player because we don’t have a billionaire alum. The NIL/Portal environment is making me question my fandom. I’ve given lots of money and spent tons of time rooting for SHU. I have to more seriously think this through if there aren’t significant changes made.

Bunch of jilted lovers here. He gave us a lot in his years here and is now doing a graduate year elsewhere for more money like hundreds of other players.

Exactly what I was thinking!

A bunch of jilted lovers on this board.

Thankful for the time he was a pirate. Sucks he is going to the Johnnies. Got a good start on life with money he may never have a chance to earn.

What would you honestly do if you were in his position at the same age?

At least he is not Powell who sued the school and threw Willard and Testa under the bus.

He will get a mix of polite applause and boos at the Rock.The applause will be minimized and boos strengthened because he chose St Johns.If he went somewhere outside of the Big East he would get hearty applause.This is life no need to apologize.

Exactly what I was thinking!

A bunch of jilted lovers on this board.

Thankful for the time he was a pirate. Sucks he is going to the Johnnies. Got a good start on life with money he may never have a chance to earn.

What would you honestly do if you were in his position at the same age?

At least he is not Powell who sued the school and threw Willard and Testa under the bus.

He could of gone to 340 D1 schools. He showed a complete lack of respect for Sha, his teammates, his school and the fanbase. It is all about Kadary, which I guess we knew when he sat out for being sore. He isn't in the same league as Sha, Barrett, Whitehead, etc. Sorry, he's a complete traitor transferring to St. Johns and I look forward to watching he and them fail.

Reactions: Lorbil and shu09
All I want for Christmas is 5 players that have a good season, but not too good.
I want 5 players who have career years, we win more games than ever.

If they then leave, so be it.

That’s the way it is now…1 year, 1 roster at a time.

Win every year with all new players for all I care.

Reactions: DIMEDISHA13
There is only one basketball per team. We kicked SJU a-as on the court last yr. Won 14 out the last 18 games vs SJU. I have 100% faith in Coach Sha to get a quality recruiting and winning team. We as Pirate basketball fans are in good hands.

Having the highest rated players is not what is most important, winning games and finishing highest in the conference is more important! Fellow Pirate fans keep supporting Coach Sha, staff and the Seton Hall team.

Next year and the future looking bright, with 50 K new practice facility and increasing NIL in the future.

what did kadary do for us? win nothing?

guy is footnote of the sterling gibbs variety. and gibbs has the nova game in the BET.

is this move going to break my back? no. more like just general soreness.
Ironic that the start of the general soreness started with a hard fall late against St. John’s.

Can’t wait until we play them and Shaheen throws out a 3-2 zone and clank clank clank goes the Richmond

They were supposed to have put together a monster team this past year, but it was a dud.
Nah, they really weren't. I don't know where that comes from. They were picked 5th in the Big East and finished 5th. Consensus was they would be a borderline NCAA team, which they were. Maybe folks were a bit too bullish, but they lined up how most here thought they would. Nova underperformed more than they did -- most of us had Nova as a clear NCAA and top 3/4 team in the league. We were really on the only true surprise in the Big East and Georgetown was worse than folks thought.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT