ADVERTISEMENT

It’s official: Kadary to St. John’s

Someone else used the 100 number, not me.

But there’s no way that I consider him an all-time great.
He has the talent, but he had way to many indifferent performances to earn that status from me.

Just use the St John’s game at the BET as an example. That was one of many that we saw from him.
You wrote that he's no better than dozens (24+) and dozens (24+) and dozens (24+) and dozens (24+). That's 96 at bare minimum.

Just inviting you to back up the rhetoric or tone it down to reasonableness.

Perhaps besides the point, but I never saw Floyd making it at UCONN. He completely blindsided Danny when he decided to come a year earlier than was planned. Felt he was looking to leave and saw the handwriting on the wall.
If Floyd stays we probably don't take Naheim Alleyne who ended up being important to the 2022–2023 championship run. I think Floyd would be better if he continued to be coached by Hurley, but who knows, right? He hasn't seemed to have done much at Providence, though I admit I really haven't paid much attention to it.

All things considered, Kadary was certainly the best point guard SHU has had since Isaiah Whitehead.

General Soreness doesn't even rank inside my top 9 Pirates of the last 10 years (in no specific order):

Isaiah
Khadeen
Desi
Angel
Mamu
Powell
McKnight
Gil
Rhoden

He'll be easily forgotten in 5 years. Those 9 guys are eternal.

Kadary is on that list for sure. Somewhere in the range of the other first teamers and below Whitehead and Powell. Remember also, defense is a big part of basketball. That is where Richmond excels most.

All things considered, Kadary was certainly the best point guard SHU has had since Isaiah Whitehead.
When I noted best PGs I didn't include Whitehead. Not because he wasn't an all time great, but because I never saw him as a true point. More a combo guard who played the position out of necessity.

Reactions: dehere23
When I noted best PGs I didn't include Whitehead. Not because he wasn't an all time great, but because I never saw him as a true point. More a combo guard who played the position out of necessity.
I agree Whitehead never really fit the mold of a true PG. Still, I think his impact running the offense was greater than anything we saw from Richmond.

Not a knock on KR either, rather a testament to how special IW was during that 2016 season.

IW and the rest may have bad games, but they brought it every night. We never worried abut that. KR's best was in their league (this year only) but he did have the hiccops sometimes. Why? No idea.

But I am sick of talking about kr. Can we talk about Frankie Alajia instead?

Reactions: HALL85
IW and the rest may have bad games, but they brought it every night. We never worried abut that. KR's best was in their league (this year only) but he did have the hiccops sometimes. Why? No idea.

But I am sick of talking about kr. Can we talk about Frankie Alajia instead?

No they didn't. Remember KW sitting the entire starting 5 numerous times. Remember "Desi being desi"?

Man revisionist history on this board is WILD

The best point guards since the Big East started at Seton Hall
1) Sha
2) Barrett
3) Whitehead
4) Richmond
5) Jordan Theodore
6) Oliver Taylor
7) Gerald Greene
8) Bryan Caver
9) Eugene Harvey

for one year players, Donald Copeland had a great senior year. I thought Bryce Aiken could have been amazing but injuries killed him.

1) Sha
2) Barrett
3) Whitehead
4) Richmond
5) Jordan Theodore
6) Oliver Taylor
7) Gerald Greene
8) Bryan Caver
9) Eugene Harvey

for one year players, Donald Copeland had a great senior year. I thought Bryce Aiken could have been amazing but injuries killed him.
Cernj, can you post this in the 'floor generals" thread? It would make for a fun debate, and I would love to respond, but I am tired of the "It's Official: Kadary to St. John's" thread which I think has now been "officially" beaten to death.

If ur being honest he cost us an ncaa bid this yr

Just to add this is possibly Kadary's last year looking at this money. It's not like he can flip Pitino the bird and get paid more next year. If he fights city hall and they don't pay him, this is his last chance at this NIL thing. I have to believe he and every other senior in the country will be on their best behavior because more 99% of them this will be their best offer ever.

For that reason I don't see the implosion. And while many might not like what Kadary did, I've never heard anyone say he's a trouble maker or a bad dude. Yeah he wants his money and this is the deal he wanted so I don't see the implosion at all. to make sure he gets it all. I wouldn't doubt a crazy amount like 30% of it is offered after the season.

1) Sha
2) Barrett
3) Whitehead
4) Richmond
5) Jordan Theodore
6) Oliver Taylor
7) Gerald Greene
8) Bryan Caver
9) Eugene Harvey

Funny the guys at the top of the list are the guys who can take over a game and win it it by themselves. The guys who fit the role of traditional PGs getting others involved and run the offense are at the bottom of the list.

Funny the guys at the top of the list are the guys who can take over a game and win it it by themselves. The guys who fit the role of traditional PGs getting others involved and run the offense are at the bottom of the list.
Funny you say that since the top two leaders in assists sit at the top of that list. Also that the top 10 most assists in a year is Shaheen twice, Barret and Richmond appear. Those top 5 are clearly the best pgs in Seton Hall history in anyway you want to judge it.

Reactions: shupat08
See I think Sha and Barrett were traditional PGs. Whitehead no and Kadary a hybrid PG/wing.

Funny you say that since the top two leaders in assists sit at the top of that list. Also that the top 10 most assists in a year is Shaheen twice, Barret and Richmond appear. Those top 5 are clearly the best pgs in Seton Hall history in anyway you want to judge it.
Gerald Greene is 5th on the list with assists all time. He shared the ball with the guy who is 6th all time John Morton. Caver was there with some guy Hurley. So yeah when you control the ball and need to play more than 35 minutes a lot, that happens.

No they didn't. Remember KW sitting the entire starting 5 numerous times. Remember "Desi being desi"?

Man revisionist history on this board is WILD
Sat IW, Desi and Angel in the 2nd half of the home Creighton game in 2016 for lack of effort. But after that, the team caught fire. Maybe KW knew what he was doing.

Reactions: Section112
Sat IW, Desi and Angel in the 2nd half of the home Creighton game in 2016 for lack of effort. But after that, the team caught fire. Maybe KW knew what he was doing.

Team sat @Creighton one year and we got slaughtered. Desi had to sit multiple games for extended minutes/entire halves.

It wasn't just Kadary. IW, Desi, Angel had their issues as well.

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
KR doesn’t owe us shit. We didn’t pay up. Hometown discount is a fantasy. Seems like the money “earmarked” for Davis and KR went to Sha’s raise. How much could these new guys possibly fetch on the open market besides Middleton and Coleman. It’s borderline A-10 spending, period. We are going to get run over in this conference if the NIL isn’t remediated immediately and that is the bottom line.
Rudy Giuliani?

How in the world can NIL money be used to give Sha a raise? No way you passed the LSAT.

The part that sucks is it illustrates how far behind we are from our closest peers in the Big East. I can live with big public P5 teams out spending us but this is a kick in the groin.
With Repole, can't SJU compete with any public P5 teams?

You posit some pretty dumb stuff, and you have an army of detractors, but this one is close to the top of the list, from someone who usually lets it slide.
The point is Sha built him up, but Sha didn't build him up alone. There's a whole cast of unsung heroes who made it happen. If Sha should be paid so should the others. Unless you think Sha alone got Kadary in the best shape of his career and unless Sha coached him while the assistants had doughnuts and coffee, there were many more people who made Kadary what he is.

At least spell things right when you call out dumb so you don't look dumb too.

1) Sha
2) Barrett
3) Whitehead
4) Richmond
5) Jordan Theodore
6) Oliver Taylor
7) Gerald Greene
8) Bryan Caver
9) Eugene Harvey

I would have JT and Richmond tied for 5th, and Ollie Taylor above both of them. MVP of BET and led a team to the round of 8.

The point is Sha built him up, but Sha didn't build him up alone. There's a whole cast of unsung heroes who made it happen. If Sha should be paid so should the others. Unless you think Sha alone got Kadary in the best shape of his career and unless Sha coached him while the assistants had doughnuts and coffee, there were many more people who made Kadary what he is.

At least spell things right when you call out dumb so you don't look dumb too.
But they DID get paid. I don't think Dan meant that Dre and KR should literally give Sha money, do you?

This place is where spelling and grammar go to die, but what did I spell incorrectly?

But they DID get paid. I don't think Dan meant that Dre and KR should literally give Sha money, do you?

This place is where spelling and grammar go to die, but what did I spell incorrectly?
SPK not Dan. I don't think it was literally, but Sha alone didn't turn him into the player he is. Nick Saban used to say his most important person on staff was his strength and conditioning coach because he's the only guy with the players all year round. Kadary clearly was in the best shape of his career this year. My comment, which wasn't as dumb as you think it was, said that Sha didn't do it alone and if these guys owe him money, Sha should be giving some to the team of people who also contributed their efforts to make these guys better.

I'm far from the spelling or grammar police, but when you call out dumb please spell correctly. Posit???

I don't think it was literally, but Sha alone didn't turn him into the player he is. Nick Saban used to say his most important person on staff was his strength and conditioning coach because he's the only guy with the players all year round. Kadary clearly was in the best shape of his career this year. My comment, which wasn't as dumb as you think it was, said that Sha didn't do it alone and if these guys owe him money, Sha should be giving some to the team who also contributed a lot of effort.

I'm far from the spelling or grammar police, but when you call out dumb please spell correctly. Posit???
Maybe you should look up "posit." Anyway, I don't think anyone said only Sha was responsible for his growth and development at SHU, but I think we can agree that he's a unique talent prone to taking plays and games off, and it's a fair point to say that Sha and Seton Hall got the most out of him. How it plays with Pitino, I don't know -- I certainly would have liked to have him back.

Reactions: SHUSource
Maybe you should look up "posit." Anyway, I don't think anyone said only Sha was responsible for his growth and development at SHU, but I think we can agree that he's a unique talent prone to taking plays and games off, and it's a fair point to say that Sha and Seton Hall got the most out of him. How it plays with Pitino, I don't know -- I certainly would have liked to have him back.
I assume that there's a strength and conditioning team who make our guys better? That's not an assumption, that's a fact. At least if you spelled post wrong that would make more sense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT