ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry: For Shaheen Holloway and Mitch Henderson, favorite sons who've sparked interest elsewhere, there's value in stability.

This is the nature of the business. Good coaches draw interest and leverage it. McDermott just did it, we went through it with Willard and VA Tech.

The bottom line is would be nice for SHU to have a statement when this is concluded. Holloway can speak about the loyalty, the practice facility, and really get a good vibe out there. Prop it up a bit with a video or something. We do none of this stuff.

Smart they’re floating improved NIL in the media to combat some of the things out there.

I know there's plenty of speculation and secrecy around NIL numbers but good to hear we're likely around double where we were this time last year.

I am a fan of Jerry but that one had no meat.
Two days ago this story would have garnered more attention than any he has done recently. But once the news broke Sunday night that the rumors were just that, unfounded rumors Jerry's inside scoop lost some of its glitter.

That said the rumors have now been officially put to bed and those questioning our NIL are now realizing what I posted Sunday about it doing better than originally thought are also on target.

We are headed in the right direction. This time next year the Practice Facility will be nearing completion and hopefully Sha will have his $2M plus that he needs.

Keep it coming everyone. The amount we have garnered to date is more money than any other Rutgers player this year has gotten with the one exception of Cliff O.

Two days ago this story would have garnered more attention than any he has done recently. But once the news broke Sunday night that the rumors were just that, unfounded rumors Jerry's inside scoop lost some of its glitter.

That said the rumors have now been officially put to bed and those questioning our NIL are now realizing what I posted Sunday about it doing better than originally thought are also on target.

We are headed in the right direction. This time next year the Practice Facility will be nearing completion and hopefully Sha will have his $2M plus that he needs.

Keep it coming everyone. The amount we have garnered to date is more money than any other Rutgers player this year has gotten with the one exception of Cliff O.

My dad worked in baseball for about 25+ years, we are not really analytics/money ball fans however, is there any talk or idea of having someone in the program in that type of role?

NCAA basketball is highlighted by a completely random single elimination roulette postseason, which of course anything can happen BUT you have to make it

There has to be so much undervalued talent out there in terms of NIL in basketball as opposed to huge money stars

Dan,

Has the rumor been put to bed? Louisville has no head coach, and Holloway has not put out a statement.

Don’t think it was meant to be meaty. I’d guess it had an intended audience of one. Maybe two
Yup. Gotta write something. We all could have written that article from our living room. I mean, citing quotes from 2 years ago as if they must still be relevant? I get it. Sha is in the news, at lest the arcane hoops news. Is Henderson, or are they paired to make Sha's situation less threatening.

No assurances I read anywhere mean anything to me. I dont think he is leaving but I dont feel completely safe.

Yup. Gotta write something. We all could have written that article from our living room. I mean, citing quotes from 2 years ago as if they must still be relevant? I get it. Sha is in the news, at lest the arcane hoops news. Is Henderson, or are they paired to make Sha's situation less threatening.

No assurances I read anywhere mean anything to me. I dont think he is leaving but I dont feel completely safe.
I believe Jerry was writing to get his thoughts off his chest.

I think you misunderstand the 'audience of one' concept. And whatever you might write from your living room is not reaching that 'audience of one.'
Yes I do. And I see no one who would be effected by reading those words.

Since I read it I guess I was an unintended part of the audience, and for Jerry to write something like that, frankly, its lack of meat not two years old makes me more suspicious that I was

Last edited:
Never feel safe especially in this new environment. Surprises every day and change is constant.

I think the article presents one-side to the decision coaches in these situations have to make. I think the other side is those who have left comfortable positions for programs with a higher ceiling and flourished. I can give you a long, long line of those guys. So it works both ways.

Also, I wouldn't use JTIII as an example of someone who made the wrong call in retrospect, to the extent Jerry's article is designed to suggest as such. He lasted at Georgetown for 13 years, got paid way more money, and had certain teams that could compete to advance far in the dance if not for a title, theoretically. Sweet 16 and Final 4 early in his tenure. Made the dance more often than not. It got stale towards the latter end of his tenure and they wanted to move on when it seemed his path to success had stalled, but if I were him I'd make that move again without any hesitation.

Yes I do. And I see no one who would be effected by reading those words.

Since I read it I guess I was an unintended part of the audience, and for Jerry to write something like that, frankly, its lack of meat not two years old makes me more suspicious that I was
Ornery old man.

My dad worked in baseball for about 25+ years, we are not really analytics/money ball fans however, is there any talk or idea of having someone in the program in that type of role?

NCAA basketball is highlighted by a completely random single elimination roulette postseason, which of course anything can happen BUT you have to make it

There has to be so much undervalued talent out there in terms of NIL in basketball as opposed to huge money stars

Agreed. Been saying the same thing.

Here’s a short video of Matt Painter explaining the HS rankings from 21-300 are a complete crapshoot because talent alone doesn’t mean all that much. Well worth a watch.

Matt Painter clip

I will never buy into there being only method of succeeding. Do I wanna see our guys get poached? No. But if its gonna happen anyway, why not market yourself as a great developmental school? We have a really solid list of alumni developing into FO guys and every good coaches.

Arturas Karnisovas is the Chicago Bulls EVP. Start there. Clearly has NBA FO connections and strong European contacts. Is a guy like that being utilized for Euro scouting?

Michigan and the Ravens have swapped coaches the last few years. Would love to bring in a very talented young pro scout, give him a “head of scouting & personnel” title, let him cook here for 2-3 years and then he moves on. Happens all the time.

Whats stopping us from growing into a reputation as the school that young coaches and personnel guys want a stop at?

Reactions: buckfoston824
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT