ADVERTISEMENT

What Sha said to Avila

chickenbox

All World
Jan 2, 2004
Their postgame interaction might end up being the clip that gets the most play from the game. Here it is for those who haven't seen it yet:

And here's Sha responding to a question in the postgame press conference about it:

Q. There was a moment where you went over to Robbie Avila after the game and literally picked his head up. What did you say to him and what compelled to you do that?

SHAHEEN HOLLOWAY: Because those guys, he's a good player. Those guys are good players. I told them, there's no need to have your head down. You guys played a heck of a game. You guys got a great team. You guys battled. This was a championship game. A bunch of punches going back and forth, and just told him to pick his head up. He's a great player and he's got a lot of basketball to be played.

Unpopular take but I actually find it obnoxious when coaches do this--do you really want to hear from guy that beat you after a devastating loss? Easy to be magnanimous when you win. The coaches who deserve credit are those who can graciously lose and say something nice to other team even in defeat.

Unpopular take but I actually find it obnoxious when coaches do this--do you really want to hear from guy that beat you after a devastating loss? Easy to be magnanimous when you win. The coaches who deserve credit are those who can graciously lose and say something nice to other team even in defeat.
Yeah it’s an unpopular take cause it’s wrong. Avila’s head was down not only from losing but taking and missing two 3 point tees early in the cloak at the end of the game. I thought what :’Shaheen did with him was great to acknowledge what a great player he is. That’s class in my book.

Unpopular take but I actually find it obnoxious when coaches do this--do you really want to hear from guy that beat you after a devastating loss? Easy to be magnanimous when you win. The coaches who deserve credit are those who can graciously lose and say something nice to other team even
Wow, what a bad take.

I find it obnoxious when posters do this!

You don’t WANT to hear it from the guy who beat you, but you APPRECIATE It when you do. It’s a sign of respect! Come on!

Hard to imagine someone coming up with this take, but you managed to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT