ADVERTISEMENT

Last time a coach fired

HallX2

All World
Mar 25, 2005
Who had a ROY? I assuming DelGado gets the honor. Curious who was last coach fired with a promising freshman class, including a conference ROY? I'm sure SPK must know.

your entitled to your opinion of course as we all are. that promising fr. class was due to Oliver Antigua. Willard had 4 years to recruit and at best the results were fair. Antigua was here or I will say the rumor starte that he was going to come here and next thing you know about 6 weeks later we had a top 15 recruiting class. if Antigua was not involved with the hall he would be somewhere else as would whitehead Carrington and probably desi. we are 20 or 30 games under five hundred in the league and the last 2 years we lost Louisville notre dame west Virginia a year or two before UConn cincy the cuse cheaters and all. so the last 2 years we had a great opportunity to maybe do better in the league that we were lucky to get into in the first place. well look. another year and no ncaas. 3 in the last 21 years and 0 in the last 9 years. how any fan can take this is beyond me.

I thought KC committed before everyone without any coach connections and everyone else followed suit (albeit all with their coaches being hired).

Your own point kills your position. What coach who has a ROY (delgado), another player who was preseason ROY (whitehead), and a potential Big East 1st team selection (gibbs) and still finishes the way we did DOESNT get fired, especially after 5 years of the vomit-fest known as the Kevin Willard regime?

The freshmen are going to be the Great Excuse for 5 years of ineptitude and why he's likely to return. Willard already uses it himself.

Granted the team is young. Williard is correct. However, please explain how the team gets worst as the season progresses. Bad coaching. Plus it happens every year.

Phi... Ish committed in July (he and his coach praised FHJ), Angel committed in August (Angel said he was friends with Ish and he was an Antigua commit), KC committed in September (connected to Angel, IW, Desi, Morton and his family praised Sha)... Then IW & Desi came on board.... Nzei was a late addition and had no connections to any of them.

I ask the question as a matter of reference not as a defense of KW. Amazing how you don't answer the question. You just launch into the weary nonsense that has permeated this board for 2 months. I think that promising freshman often buys a coach more time. Is that premise wrong or right?

Yes a promising frosh class buys a coach more time.

But this bunch has regressed.

The weary nonsense is how the team has played not the complaints on the board.

Given our loyalty - donations, going to games- we have the right to complain 24/7.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT