ADVERTISEMENT

May Tweets

So I guess RU blew their NIL wad on the freshman. Not sure why Pikell couldn’t do more here to entice a big man back to a “hopeful” roster for next season.

Without a doubt one of the very best players in the NBA.

Early in the year I was listening to talking heads saying the Knick will not be a serious playoff contender because in every game they play they won't have the best or second best player on the court.

You don't hear them saying that now and if Randle was healthy they might have 2 of the 3 best players on the court.

Reactions: radecicco
I heard in the post game show the Knicks had 20 offensive rebounds. That's insane. Not sure they get that with Randle on the floor.

I dont see either of these teams as going any further. Had no vested interest and didnt like how the basketball looked. (Where have you gone Red Holtzman, but that is all basketball today it seems?) I guess Embid doesnt care much about rebounding? The hartstein O board time after time was ridiculous. Embid sure has talent, but not my cup of tea. That Hart three was something a great team needs - double my star, you're gonna pay.

The Knicks with Randle could make noise I bet. Awful luck. Blowing 22 point early lead, going down by 10 away and winning, that is moxey. Loved an early comment, that the Nova guys were outscoring the 76ers. Never been a fan of Brean but listened to them as I like Clyde. Both were very un-homer, gave the 76ers credit. Nice job.

So to Prof Ed and HallDan and all the other Knicks fans, congratulations!!!!!

The Knicks would have had a much better record with Randle. One of the best forwards in the eastern conference. With him they would have had a chance to beat the Celtics. Without him the best I can see is a 6 game series.

And remember, OG also missed a ton of games down the stretch as well as Robinson, Yet the Knicks finished with the 2nd best record in the conference.

As was I but not the final game. Used to sit in the cheap blue seats with all my frat brothers.

Reactions: PROF Ed
I had tix for the Bucks and Laker series. Saw every game and of course only blue seats for us. Was an easy train ride from Elizabeth. Dan, I thought you and I were the same age. When they won it all in May, 1970 I was a Junior at Roselle Catholic

Reactions: Halldan1
I had tix for the Bucks and Laker series. Saw every game and of course only blue seats for us. Was an easy train ride from Elizabeth. Dan, I thought you and I were the same age. When they won it all in May, 1970 I was a Junior at Roselle Catholic
Nope. I was starting my freshman year at Seton Hall later that fall.

Reactions: TrueBlue1989
The Knicks would have had a much better record with Randle. One of the best forwards in the eastern conference. With him they would have had a chance to beat the Celtics. Without him the best I can see is a 6 game series.

And remember, OG also missed a ton of games down the stretch as well as Robinson, Yet the Knicks finished with the 2nd best record in the conference.
Just having a little fun Dan -- although it's true they are in the same place right now they would be with Randle, just with a few less wins.

The Knicks were 29-17 in games Randle played and 21-15 when he didn't play. Without looking it's probably reasonable they win four or five more games if Randle is healthy.

Last edited:
I remember seeing Walt, Earl, Willis, Jerry, Dave, Dean etc. in person. Walt is one of my favorite players.
Before my time, but so many Knick fans share your views. They did a 30 for 30 on those teams a while back.

I love this Knicks team. Hard to not root for. Flawed and incomplete, but they play their a$$ off. And have all season. They do remind me of the 90s teams. Constructed differently and a different era where offense is more the norm, but they compete like it’s their last game every game.

Reactions: Flnj86
I heard in the post game show the Knicks had 20 offensive rebounds. That's insane. Not sure they get that with Randle on the floor.
They have been on a tear rebounding the ball on the offensive glass.

Reactions: LBP43
The Garden., the entire metropolitan area was electric in May 1970. Championship game is still considered the greatest event ever at MSG.

The Garden., the entire metropolitan area was electric in May 1970. Championship game is still considered the greatest event ever at MSG.
So true Prof Ed -- but my vote goes to Ali v Frazier --tho it is real close Garden event call

Reactions: PF58 and PROF Ed
Rangers in 94, Knicks in 73 were up there but not like the two we have mentioned.

Those are the greatest by far, but for me and hopefully for our forum , man , give me 93 crushing of cuse and Dehere in BE finals only to be topped in 16, tight one over VU

Reactions: BabyBlue
Those are the greatest by far, but for me and hopefully for our forum , man , give me 93 crushing of cuse and Dehere in BE finals only to be topped in 16, tight one over VU
Jim Dickinson for three!!

Just having a little fun Dan -- although it's true they are in the same place right now they would be with Randle, just with a few less wins.

The Knicks were 29-17 in games Randle played and 21-15 when he didn't play. Without looking it's probably reasonable they win four or five more games if Randle is healthy.
Just want to add most of those games were without OG. If those three were on the court together I would love my chances against Boston.

Reactions: Bluebeard
That was the Willis Reed game and after he hit his first two shots he added very little because of the injury. But Walt Frazier played what was probably the greatest final 7th game in NBA history. Reed won the final's MVP but that was pure robbery.

Reed was injured in game 5, didn't play in game 6 and did very little next to an emotional team lift in game 7.

This was before the NBA became known for offensive pinball stats. 36 points (no 3 pointers from the arc back then) 12-for-17 FG, 12-for-12 FT, 7 rebounds, 19 assists, and 5 steals. All against Chamberlin, West and Baylor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT