ADVERTISEMENT

Need 20 Ws

Pirate143

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jan 14, 2013
To have a realistic shot at NC2A, need to sweep the remaining 5 home games and get 1 on the road and 1 in NYC. The last 2 Ls really hurt. @ So. John’s in Long Island (assuming full roster) could be a winner is in game

Reactions: silkcitypirate
To have a realistic shot at NC2A, need to sweep the remaining 5 home games and get 1 on the road and 1 in NYC. The last 2 Ls really hurt. @ So. John’s in Long Island (assuming full roster) could be a winner is in game
With wins over UConn and Marquette 19 wins gets us in. No doubt.

Reactions: PROF Ed
Yeah idk, to me 19-12, 12-8 is the goal. That’s only 6-7 after the 6-1 start but it probably works. These two heartbreakers at home were tough. Sigh.

Last night was a clunker for various reasons. Need to sweep Georgetown and DePaul, beat Butler at home. Avoid bad home metric hits. That’s 10 BE wins. Go find 2 more. Can we steal a road game? Beat Villanova once?

Yeah idk, to me 19-12, 12-8 is the goal. That’s only 6-7 after the 6-1 start but it probably works. These two heartbreakers at home were tough. Sigh.

Last night was a clunker for various reasons. Need to sweep Georgetown and DePaul, beat Butler at home. Avoid bad home metric hits. That’s 10 BE wins. Go find 2 more. Can we steal a road game? Beat Villanova once?
Yeah I think we need 13 big east wins. We have 2 big wins that’s it. So unless one of those 2 wins you mention for 12 wins is at UConn or at Creighton, I don’t get excited about our resume with 2 more wins vs DePaul, a win against butler, a win against Georgetown, a win against X and a win vs Nova. Think we need more than that. Heck let’s get the game Saturday!!!

Just cannot lose home games at the pace we do, especially when you're the favorite. They are absolute killers for the resume and metrics. That's already three home losses with five games still to play at the Rock. Cannot go worse than 4-1 and might even need to win all five.

This team lost six times at home last year as well. Far too much if you want to be a tournament team. Willard's 2022 team lost three and the 2021 & 2020 teams lost four. By the way, I'm sick of Providence coming in here and beating us. That's three straight for them.

Reactions: Burnsly and Piratz
@shu09, it’s ridiculous. It’s going to be at least 5 calendar years by the time we beat them at home again.

Creighton is also 4-1 at the Rock last 5 years.

Did some projections on how the teams may finish. Looked at all remaining schedules by school. Taking into consideration home and away games. Just a reasonable guess on how many losses each team would compile until conference play ends. Obviously, a major injury changes the dynamic. SHU and SJU are not easy to predict at this point.

1 UConn 7-1. Projected 16-4
2 Creighton 6-3. Projected 13-7
3 Marquette 5-3. Projected 13-7
4 SHU 6-3. Projected 12-8.
5 SJU 5-4. Projected 12-8
6 Villanova 4-4. Projected 12-8
7 Xavier 4-4. Projected 11-9
8 Providence 4-4. Projected 10-10
9 Butler 4-5. Projected 9-11
10 GTown 1-7. Projected 5-15
11 DePaul 0-8. Projected 2-18

The Richmond injury is the key for SHU. Get to 12 wins and they are in. Best guess is they finish 4 or 5 and play either SJU or Nova at MSG. UConn probably waiting the winner.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT