ADVERTISEMENT

NIT Game Tonight

Originally posted by cernjSHU:

Originally posted by SPK145:

Originally posted by HALL28:

I think you're right in that maybe we could lure someone who's had a little more past success,
Like who? Seton Hall is not getting Archie Miller or Ben Howland. Maybe Mike Lonergan but the Hurleys seem like a natural fit.
Personally, I would be happy with Danny Hurley. But, I also see a guy like McKillop come here for a couple of years with Adrian Griffin as coach in waiting.
McKillop has said he intends to retire at Davidson. I believe he is keeping the seat warm for his son, Matt, who is on his staff. Matt McKillop's name is being floated on the Fordham board as possible coach should Pecora be fired. Other names are Bobby Hurley (highly unlikely), Shaheen Hollloway, Jean Prioleau, and even Mike Rice. You have to wonder why ANYONE would want that job. I love the Rose Hill Gym, but at 90 years old it just doesn't suit their needs. There are so many negatives that come with coaching at Fordham. Great school, though.

shu09,

I look at conference games only, what I think is the true measure.

Watching the games tonight, personally I just hate the way Iona plays. Rhode Island has some discipline. GW plays a very good brand of basketball.
Makes sense, conference games are what it's all about, especially at the Big East level.

I'm totally with you on Iona. Reminds me of Gonzo without the sideshow. Streetball at its finest.

I'm not sold on Lonergan but again, can't be worse than what we have now.

Originally posted by cernjSHU:
Originally posted by HALL28:

I think you're right in that maybe we could lure someone who's had a little more past success,
Like who? Seton Hall is not getting Archie Miller or Ben Howland. Maybe Mike Lonergan but the Hurleys seem like a natural fit.
Personally, I would be happy with Danny Hurley. But, I also see a guy like McKillop come here for a couple of years with Adrian Griffin as coach in waiting.
We had a chance to get McKillop, but chose Gonzalez instead. McKillop is staying at Davidson until he retires.

Announcers - Danny Hurley requires intensity out of his players every minute of the game right up until the final buzzer.

Griffin
Hurleys

cluess

leon rice

Archie miller

Joe Dooley

Brian Wardle

Joe Mihalich

michale white

Steve prohm

jim Engels

Jeff jones

orlando antigua

steve pikell

larry Shyatt

Yikes. A few of those names would be, um, less than inspiring. Nothing against Jim Engles or Pikiell but if we cant find a coach who has done it at a higher level than that, I give up.

Cluess and Iona did not need a 30 second shot clock last night. His teams don't even need a 24 second clock. McKillop is staying at DU until he retires is right. His brother told me that years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT