ADVERTISEMENT

NIT tickets

DrummerJerry

Recruit
Jan 22, 2022
The process of getting tickets to these games at Walsh is disgusting and the university should be ashamed of itself. The ticket website is terrible. I wasted an hour of my life trying to get tickets this afternoon, completely unsuccessfully in spite of the fact that I selected tickets numerous times entered my credit card information only to be told that they couldn’t process it and took me back to the selection process all over again. This is an insult to long time season ticket holders.

I just wrote an e-mail stating the same. My 70 year old father who has had season tickets for 40 years has had to deal with this antiquated system for the last 3 games. We were on at 12:01 pm with options and were at checkout unable to finish them. Not even unique codes for season tix holders. Anyone with the link could have checked out.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
I just wrote an e-mail stating the same. My 70 year old father who has had season tickets for 40 years has had to deal with this antiquated system for the last 3 games. We were on at 12:01 pm with options and were at checkout unable to finish them. Not even unique codes for season tix holders. Anyone with the link could have checked out.
Exactly the same for me. It’s ridiculous. Why not let you use your Pirate account to order them? There is something hinkey about this.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
I was on at 12:00 and did not receive an email until 1:43 that I could now buy tickets. but it was sold out.

This was handled so bad by SHU. it is embarrassing that this is the way they decided to sell tickets

Reactions: SHUHitman
Same issue. Tried to check out multiple times but received error code “unable to process at this time.”

I'll accept the technical issues to a large degree - they shouldn't happen but it's understandable. What I can't understand, however:

1. Why weren't these emails with links set out in advance, before the site is live? This way everyone has it and is on equal footing. For those that didn't get it, there would be time to address. I got my email late, it was useless.

2. Why is this some free for all endeavor instead of a gated sale with a presale code for season ticket holders?

3. If demand is such an issue, why not institute a lottery for each round, so everyone has a chance? If not that, then more weighting should either be given to those that attend the most or haven't attended one - pick a stance and execute it.

4. Why not open the basketball offices and offer some seating to certain guests in order to free up more seating? We have done this in the past.

We have paid professionals here and this was just total amateur hour handling of these events. Very disappointing. I can live with not getting to take my family to the game, but I'm pretty annoyed I didn't even get a fair chance to attempt it.

I'll accept the technical issues to a large degree - they shouldn't happen but it's understandable. What I can't understand, however:

1. Why weren't these emails with links set out in advance, before the site is live? This way everyone has it and is on equal footing. For those that didn't get it, there would be time to address. I got my email late, it was useless.

2. Why is this some free for all endeavor instead of a gated sale with a presale code for season ticket holders?

3. If demand is such an issue, why not institute a lottery for each round, so everyone has a chance? If not that, then more weighting should either be given to those that attend the most or haven't attended one - pick a stance and execute it.

4. Why not open the basketball offices and offer some seating to certain guests in order to free up more seating? We have done this in the past.

We have paid professionals here and this was just total amateur hour handling of these events. Very disappointing. I can live with not getting to take my family to the game, but I'm pretty annoyed I didn't even get a fair chance to attempt it.
It’s crap like this that hurts donations!

Game at Rock maybe not a bad idea after all. Then we all could go. :) Just kidding. I like playing it at Walsh but the limited tickets and these problems are an issue for some unfortunately.

I used my season tickets for Every game, went to both Walsh games and got rewarded by a crap ticket sight. Still don't understand how someone with two season seats could get as many tickets as they could click on. Poorly run and it makes you think how poorly other stuff must be run by our illustrious athletics department. Maybe put a student section on the stupid stage that has no reason being there after the makeover

Things like this are always par for the course. Not only can we not have high standards, but anytime the University is responsible for something, we have to walk into it expecting mediocrity. It's sad.

When Lyons was AD and Jay Judge was around, I really felt things were on the upswing. Now, I feel like we are right back in the pre Willard era of just pure amateur quality administration.

Even the damn will call on Saturday was nonsense. Line out the door and wrapped around the front desk in some unsupervised mess, only to find out there are two tables, split alphabetically. Unfortunately, you don't know that because no one is monitoring the lines and they have two tiny signs taped to the tables, which are blocked by whoever is at the table picking up their ticket.

We just don't exercise common sense or proper planning with anything. These things are minor, but when you roll all of them in together, it just creates a giant ball of incompetence, sorry to say.

Reactions: DrummerJerry
I was on at Noon ,selected my ticket several times but it would never go through. Rather poor operation.

Glad I wasn’t the only one frustrated. Happy game is at Walsh so feelings are mixed. A lot that could have been done but short time frame, bad planning and execution. Maybe next time they can have an emergency planning meeting and think through what they need to do. Could have been a learning experience to teach professionalism.

Forty-year season ticket holder here, started the process at noon, had the same frustrating problem of getting all the way to credit card checkout and then the message of death, a lottery system would have been welcomed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT