ADVERTISEMENT

NJ.com readers

HallX2

All World
Mar 25, 2005
Treated to an article about Joel Soriano. Does he have a connection to NJ? Is he running away with BE POY? Just why do they think this is worth it for their readers?

Have they run out of Seton Hall, Rutgers, Monmouth etc players to profile?

Maybe I just dislike the paper too much.

Reactions: LBP43
Zags has written tons about us this year. Zach writes about shu sometimes.

Reactions: Piratz
Zagoria seems to write a lot of articles on different basketball subjects. He writes on SHU, lots of stuff on NBA (no team in NJ), high school (mostly NJ but some not) and a few articles on St Johns. While most are NJ based or at least some connection to NJ, some of it is not. Think his coverage of SHU has been very good this year. As I do not get or read Star Ledger, not sure if his articles are online only or also sometimes appear in print.

If you click on his name in article, brings up different stuff he has written recently.

Zagoria seems to write a lot of articles on different basketball subjects. He writes on SHU, lots of stuff on NBA (no team in NJ), high school (mostly NJ but some not) and a few articles on St Johns. While most are NJ based or at least some connection to NJ, some of it is not. Think his coverage of SHU has been very good this year. As I do not get or read Star Ledger, not sure if his articles are online only or also sometimes appear in print.

If you click on his name in article, brings up different stuff he has written recently.

I think Zags has been very good. Just wonder how many eyeballs this story will catch. Maybe he’s auditioning for the Post

Currently rewatching the Sopranos. I watch Tony reading the Star Ledger sports section and reminisced how great that was a long time ago. It was part of my daily routine since I could read and used to deliver the paper too.

Same - had a route for several years in Bloomfield. I had 100 Sunday subscribers, no need to workout on the weekends.
Sundays were a bear. That was a thick paper back then. Parts of it arrived during the latter part of the week if memory serves me correctly. Nothing like being a paper boy in lousy weather. And then collecting the $$ was a chore.

Last edited:
I can see if you only are interested in SHU hoops where you would not be interested.

I follow SHU and also watch other games and players when I have a chance and enjoy college hoops in general. This weekend I will be watching on TV if I can and have the time some BE games and maybe even some other conference games. And I can enjoy these other than SHU games and players too.

Maybe that's just me.

Used to go to the Student Center and buy the Ledger every day when I roamed the Setonia campus in the mid-70's. Paper was a dime back then and had a primo sports section. Loved Klein writing on football. Used to have get the paper in Maplewood. on weekends before heading to the Kless diner. Although not after having a sack of White Castles the night before after a night of copious amounts of draft beers at the Pub or at Corcoran's with rugby teammates.

Sundays were a bear. That was a thick paper back then. Parts of it arrived during the latter part of the week if memory serves me correctly. Nothing like being a paper boy in lousy weather. And then collecting the $$ was a chore.
I used to get both the Sunday Ledger and Sunday Newark News. In their day, they were both very good. Newark News was excellent. Their former City Editor Dick Blood (who later went on to NY Daily News) taught my journalism classes at the Hall. Back then, print was king. Oh have things ever changed.

Reactions: Halldan1
Currently rewatching the Sopranos. I watch Tony reading the Star Ledger sports section and reminisced how great that was a long time ago. It was part of my daily routine since I could read and used to deliver the paper too.
I learned about older nj hs hoops from the sl

Reactions: Section112
I did the same for the Gannett newspapers in Westchester. We would get the "middle section" (the ad flyers, TV Guide, whatever magazine insert and features -- all the stuff that wasn't time sensitive) mid-week and have to store them until Sunday morning. Then the news part came on Sunday AM and we had to put the papers together before delivering.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT