ADVERTISEMENT

North Texas Game thread

In all seriousness, is this late game UNT spurt going to torpedo our predictive metrics???

Aside from that, quite a performance.

Reactions: LBP43
Good call.

15 rebounds from a guard.

11 points, 6 assists to 2 T/O.

1/1 from the arc and 2/2 from the line.

Can't wait to see him leave and be replaced by a better player.
Is there a plan in place to keep him or are we just hoping and praying

Since the first UConn game I read the thread after the game is over. It is very funny. I wonder if some of the posters who predict that we are going to lose feel about their comments after the game or when they complain about Richmond and Davis dogging it and then see their stats after the game. Just once I wish they would wait to kill the players until after the full 40 minutes.

Good call. 15 rebounds from a guard. 11 points, 5 assists to 2 T/O. 1/1 from the arc and 2/2 from the line. Can't wait to see him leave and be replaced by a better player.

Good call.

15 rebounds from a guard.

11 points, 6 assists to 2 T/O.

1/1 from the arc and 2/2 from the line.

Can't wait to see him leave and be replaced by a better player.
it is a good call because i never said i was one of those people, just that i can see their perspective. he absolutely dogged game 1 and the beginning of this game until Sha pulled him out (which never happens).

its really easy to tell when he's trying and when he's not. its always been his knock from multiple coaches.

of course we cant replace him with a better player. its almost impossible for shu to have big east 1st team talent nowadays unless sha coaches it up himself.

all things are true. i was just saying i can see how he rubs people the wrong way with some of his performances

The usual half dozen guys can’t wait to spew the same stuff they’ve been spewing all season. Then as soon as the game flips they flip. Only read the game thread after the game is over. It’s mean spirited and humorous at the same time.

The only thing I enjoy about The Hall being in the NIT is being able to watch KR play a few more Games.
Thanks Kadary -- would have never thought this Group would go 13-7 in the Big East ,let alone win 20 Games ( of course still refuse to believe That "Committee" would not give a bid)
Thanks again Kadary -- ( just think what Hall's record would be if he "cared" ).

His plus/minus was +25 in 31 minutes. In a 14 point victory no less.

Any questions?
The views on KR skew wildly to one extreme or the other for some, and it’s been that way for 3 years IMO. Can’t recall another Hall player in recent times where that was the case.

Reactions: shupat08
I have never seen a Seton Hall 1st team All Big East player take the heat that he has taken. When he's gone only then will some appreciate what they had.

Today, he clearly changed his game for the good of the team. Looking to facilitate instead of scoring. Not bad for a player that supposedly doesn't care.

And to add to the admiration of KR -- has been nothing other than a model Teammate -a great representative of our School whom does not "care" whether he rebounds ,steals the ball or scores -never shows up anyone for muffed assists --he plays the Game at a different level .So pleased he chose to be a Pirate.

I have never seen a Seton Hall 1st team All Big East player take the heat that he has taken. When he's gone only then will some appreciate what they had.

Today, he clearly changed his game for the good of the team. Looking to facilitate instead of scoring. Not bad for a player that supposedly doesn't care.
I think even his detractors appreciate the talent and performance this year when he's performed well. I think there are also lots of reasons why the opinions on him tend to skew to extremes. Part of it is that he was anointed a 1st team BE player before he was ever a 1st team BE player. Part of it is the inconsistency. Part of it is his general demeanor, stuff posted here from past years, including last. Part of it is some of the odd things like the "general soreness" stuff, Sha's reaction and press conference that followed, especially in this world of NIL. None of that was normal.

Our fan base, at least on this board, tends to overhype anyone with ability more than criticize IMO. Yes, there are some more critical or unnecessarily critical at times. But it skews dramatically the other way too more often than not.

My standard is always how would I evaluate a kid if he played on another Big East team. You can bet the Kadary critics would be equally if not much more critical if he was considered the best player on Rutgers, or Uconn, or Nova, or St. John's, or one of the other programs that generate signficant discussion and attention here. And some of his biggest proponents would have a different view. He's just that type of player.

Here’s hoping that was the coming out party for Coleman and he’s ready to step it up and participate in a season ending run.

Last edited:
Reactions: PirateFan94
The negative viewpoints on this board never change once formed. Dawes has low hoops IQ, takes bad shots, Wusu is dumb, can’t shoot, Richmond is lazy, not a team player; Boeheim was right although he changed his opinion. And these opinions are constantly regurgitated when things don’t go right. This team disparaged early in the season that has obvious flaws has won 22 games finished a solid 4th in the BE, just missed a bid with those dumb, unintelligent, lazy players.

The negative viewpoints on this board never change once formed. Dawes has low hoops IQ, takes bad shots, Wusu is dumb, can’t shoot, Richmond is lazy, not a team player; Boeheim was right although he changed his opinion. And these opinions are constantly regurgitated when things don’t go right. This team disparaged early in the season that has obvious flaws has won 22 games finished a solid 4th in the BE, just missed a bid with those dumb, unintelligent, lazy players.
I think some never change their minds. I think others go by what they see. Dawes for example seems to have generated far more praise this year compared to last because of how he performed in-conference.

Reactions: PirateFan94
Dawes has improved his game tremendously from early this season. DAW continues to make bewildering players every game. Yes his shooting has been better but there are at least 3-4 just inexplicable plays every game.

Reactions: TomD82
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT