ADVERTISEMENT

NY Giants Draft Prospects

NYC Pirate

All World
Gold Member
Nov 11, 2007
So, now we shall see what the Giant brain trust has in mind . The chances of not getting an impact player are low. I believe the first 4 picks will hold serve tonight.

1) Bears Williams
2) Wash. Daniels
3) Pats. Maye
4) Ariz. Harrison Jr.
After that Chargers,are,on the clock. Hard to say. I would not use the 6th pick on QB JJ McCarthy. I don't love him ,but maybe the Giant's want him. I want one of three players.
The player I would love to see the Giants take is Brock Bowers TE Georgia, tremendous upside. If the Chargers,were to take him I would select Joe Alt T ND, and keep improving the line, our biggest area,of concern, although a couple of solid free agent signings. IF not, Rome Odunze WR, Washington. He by all accounts is one of the 3 best WRs in the draft. For me Malik Nabers WR from LSU will be Odell part two. At the end of the day I believe the Giants will use their pick on Nabers over Odunze. The Jets in fact may land Bowers. If available I would take QB Bo Nix Oregon in the 2nd round. Doubt he will still be on the
Board. This is going to be interesting. Hate to see the Cowboys or Eagles trade up and steal Bowers. If no QB we do need a WR in one of first few rounds. Definitely need a CB and Safety in this draft.

So, Bowers or Odunze as the new offensive weapon or Alt for O line stability..

Giants are going to take a quarterback and make us suffer continuously.

So, now we shall see what the Giant brain trust has in mind . The chances of not getting an impact player are low. I believe the first 4 picks will hold serve tonight.

1) Bears Williams
2) Wash. Daniels
3) Pats. Maye
4) Ariz. Harrison Jr.
After that Chargers,are,on the clock. Hard to say. I would not use the 6th pick on QB JJ McCarthy. I don't love him ,but maybe the Giant's want him. I want one of three players.
The player I would love to see the Giants take is Brock Bowers TE Georgia, tremendous upside. If the Chargers,were to take him I would select Joe Alt T ND, and keep improving the line, our biggest area,of concern, although a couple of solid free agent signings. IF not, Rome Odunze WR, Washington. He by all accounts is one of the 3 best WRs in the draft. For me Malik Nabers WR from LSU will be Odell part two. At the end of the day I believe the Giants will use their pick on Nabers over Odunze. The Jets in fact may land Bowers. If available I would take QB Bo Nix Oregon in the 2nd round. Doubt he will still be on the
Board. This is going to be interesting. Hate to see the Cowboys or Eagles trade up and steal Bowers. If no QB we do need a WR in one of first few rounds. Definitely need a CB and Safety in this draft.

So, Bowers or Odunze as the new offensive weapon or Alt for O line stability..

The positional value of a TE doesn’t warrant a top 10 pick, but I love Bowers. And there’s no way they’re taking oline in the top 10 again, especially after the FA period. It’ll be a WR if they don’t trade up

Reactions: Section112
What scares me is not the player the Giants pick but what they give up to draft him especially if they trade up to acquire their choice.

What scares me is not the player the Giants pick but what they give up to draft him as I don’t see their GM valuing draft capital as much as he should.
I agree. If they could move back a few spots and somehow pickup another 2nd that could be a really good thing. I'd trade up to get Harrison Jr.

Based on recent history, good chance whoever they draft will not be an impact player. Last game changer drafted was probably OBJ.

Time to get the #1 receiver in Nabers or Odunze. I’m not enamored with these QBs. No sure thing at QB not even Caleb. Get a top WR and build draft capital next year and get a QB next year if Jones doesn’t work out. And I’m not a Jones fan. Too many holes in the roster to give away all those picks for a roll of the dice. I actually think Bo Nix or Penix might be the best guys in the bunch but who really knows. Penix has a lot of past injuries but some scouts say he might be the guy who could start right away out of all of them. I think it will be a mistake to jump up to #3 to get Maye. Should be interesting.

Me thinks Halldan will be Duck Hunting in the near future.
hunter-watching-duck-fly-away.jpg

Reactions: NYC Pirate
I was big on Penix too until the Michigan game. His O line was over matched & he was awful because he had no time. Sort of how it will be with the Giants. Very accurate though.

Reactions: NYC Pirate
Ultimately it’s going to come down to the OL yet again for NYG. They invested in free agency for depth - which by default is an improvement over the bad play, inexperience, and # of guys out of position last year - but if the new OL coach doesn’t improve the play of the young players they drafted high like Neal (R1 2022), Schmitz (R2 2023), and Ezudu (R3 2022), it won’t matter. Oh and don’t lose Andrew Thomas for 7 games.

They also signed 2 blocking TE’s alongside Bellinger. They used multiple blocking TE formations often in 2022 effectively but got away from it in 2023.

They have a pretty good skill set group and play a weaker schedule so wouldn’t surprise me if Jones looks better again, lol. This TE from PSU sounds like a find.

Ultimately it’s going to come down to the OL yet again for NYG. They invested in free agency for depth - which by default is an improvement over the bad play, inexperience, and # of guys out of position last year - but if the new OL coach doesn’t improve the play of the young players they drafted high like Neal (R1 2022), Schmitz (R2 2023), and Ezudu (R3 2022), it won’t matter. Oh and don’t lose Andrew Thomas for 7 games.

They also signed 2 blocking TE’s alongside Bellinger. They used multiple blocking TE formations often in 2022 effectively but got away from it in 2023.

They have a pretty good skill set group and play a weaker schedule so wouldn’t surprise me if Jones looks better again, lol. This TE from PSU sounds like a find.
Giants one of only 3 teams in this draft to not draft an O- !ineman . Seems out of whack for one of the worst O-Lines in the league.

Giants one of only 3 teams in this draft to not draft an O- !ineman . Seems out of whack for one of the worst O-Lines in the league.
They invested a lot in free agency on the O line along with the young players they had on the roster. It’s up to Bracillo to coach these guys up. Added 5 free agent lineman. 14 O lineman on the roster now. No doubt they have to get it right this year.

Here is a good article on their updated depth chart. Weaknesses at DT and cornerback IMO on D. And big questions at RB and TE and of course QB.

Last edited:
I thought that was interesting too, but the Giants also led the league in resources dumped into OL in recent years.

But like any team looking to upgrade a position of weakness, it depends how good your talent evaluation skills are whether it’s a free agent you sign or a player you draft.

The bottom line is the Giants have had an atrocious line. People say Daniel Jones is always hurt. Gee, I wonder why?? I do believe a change at OL coach was necessary and could help. I think they will have a more professional line, but did they do enough? Older guys tend to get injured.. What will Neal be moving forward?

I like the Safety from Minnesota. I thought the Giants needed to add a big back for short yardage situations. Instead they brought in the converted receiver who is more like the back they already signed. The CB could be relegated to Nickle coverage because of his size, but we don't know that yet.

This is a critical year for Schoen and Daboll. Not saying we have to get to the playoffs but am saying we need to see the roster displaying much more talent than they inherited three years ago. We didn’t see that last year.

Reactions: TomD82
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT