ADVERTISEMENT

OT-Henry Kissinger

Definitely a polarizing figure who had significant influence for US National Security and diplomacy in the latter 20th century

Reactions: silkcitypirate
Feinstein and Carter got more space here than Kissinger. Sad . I didn't care too much for him when he was in office but ...................

Reactions: General_Tso
Met him at a Yankees game years ago - one of the few games back then that we had really good seats. He spoke to me briefly surrounded by his secret service guys. That deep voice was something. You couldn't stop hearing his voice sitting near him.

Same game about 20 minutes before the game a rolls royce pulls up in front of the Stadium and Oscar Gamble falls out of the door with two very young, pretty ladies with him. The Big O was dressed up in a colorful superfly suit and was running into the stadium. He started that game. We were wondering if he would because he was so late but that was probably par for the course for him at that time.

RIP Henry!

Reactions: SHU_Pirate1
His career achievements are considerable, remarkable even. Very smart man. However, the empowering of china and thus moving many of our jobs there is unforgivable. A massive stain on even the most distinguished of careers. Look at the freakin’ mess we’re in because of what he started with china. It’s out of control, and helped to engineer it. Traitorous.

RIP, 100 is another achievement in a long line, but I will not miss him.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
Please keep the politics to a bare min. Otherwise I will have to move the thread to LOTS.

Please keep the politics to a bare min. Otherwise I will have to move the thread to LOTS.
Says a lot about where we are:
- Some can’t show any respect for a human being and one who 12 different Presidents trusted for even 24 hours.
- Rendering absolute opinions with such little knowledge of history.

I understand with politics as with religion emotions are always high. That's why SnakeTom created LOTS.

Here, if someone passes we have the choice to pay our respect or simply not comment.

He’s loved by some. Demonized by others. A full telling of his public life would lie somewhere in between. Regardless, the editorial by Ben Rhodes in the NYT is in poor taste and remarkably self serving.

... Regardless, the editorial by Ben Rhodes in the NYT is in poor taste and remarkably self serving.

Perhaps. And Rhodes's guest essay is also guilty of presentism and revisionism, but not inaccurate.

Reactions: HallX2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT