ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NY Giants' Stretch Run

And the same from Vacchiano earlier this week: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...critical-voice-antrel-rolle-article-1.2459032

“Coach Coughlin (is there), it’s all about pointing the thumb,” said corner Prince Amukamara. I just had a flashback, of Antrel screaming, ‘No, coach, it’s on us.’ . . . It was like a quick flashback. It made me want to say something, but that’s not my role.”

Note the quotes from Prince. He and JPP should be those vocal leaders, but neither are. Nor is Eli. They have some vocal guys like Jenkins and Ayers, but they've barely been Giants.

I think there's a lot of truth to this. These late-game breakdowns have become totally mental, IMO. It happens in sports or anything. Performance anxiety. This is where you need vocal leadership and not just from a coach, from a peer.

Polian makes good points and things we've been debating here the past few weeks. Hard to close out games well when you cannot run consistently and cannot get stops.

Actually, they were putting heat on Fitzpatrick, even sacked him on that game-tying drive once.

They need to make one stop. One freaking defensive stop in a big spot. That will go a long way too.

And, incredibly, it is quite plausible that the Giants could kickoff in Miami tomorrow night already in sole possession of first place. The other 3 NFC East teams have difficult games today:

Bills (6-6) at Eagles (5-7), 1PM
Redskins (5-7) at Bears (5-7), 1PM
Cowboys (4-8) at Packers (8-4), 4:25PM

Giants (5-7) at Dolphins (5-7), 8:30 PM MNF

And, incredibly, it is quite plausible that the Giants could kickoff in Miami tomorrow night already in sole possession of first place. The other 3 NFC East teams have difficult games today:

Bills (6-6) at Eagles (5-7), 1PM
Redskins (5-7) at Bears (5-7), 1PM
Cowboys (4-8) at Packers (8-4), 4:25PM

Giants (5-7) at Dolphins (5-7), 8:30 PM MNF
Well, so much for that...

Just lose the last four games and (hopefully) get this whole regime wiped out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT