ADVERTISEMENT

Prayers Requested

SHUSource

All Universe
Gold Member
Jun 4, 2001
Wonderamaland
Among the many reasons I love this online community is the way it bands together around causes that are much larger than basketball or Seton Hall vs. Rutgers (although that's a big one!). Many here have petitioned the board to pray for loved ones in times of need, and time and time again, we've seen those prayers answered by our Lord. It's been remarkable!

Well, today is one of those days. Mom is headed in for some pretty serious heart surgery today, and though, by all accounts, she's physically strong enough to figure she'll fare well, nothing is ever a given. So if you wouldn't mind including her in your prayers, I'd be much obliged. I'd just ask God to keep her safe throughout the operation, and if it's not too greedy, that she can recover as quickly and painlessly as possible. My folks still have their annual week in Cape May scheduled for this September, any I know their looking forward to it more than usual this year. God willing, it'll be the best one yet.

Thanks, all.

Reactions: mga pirate
Among the many reasons I love this online community is the way it bands together around causes that are much larger than basketball or Seton Hall vs. Rutgers (although that's a big one!). Many here have petitioned the board to pray for loved ones in times of need, and time and time again, we've seen those prayers answered by our Lord. It's been remarkable!

Well, today is one of those days. Mom is headed in for some pretty serious heart surgery today, and though, by all accounts, she's physically strong enough to figure she'll fare well, nothing is ever a given. So if you wouldn't mind including her in your prayers, I'd be much obliged. I'd just ask God to keep her safe throughout the operation, and if it's not too greedy, that she can recover as quickly and painlessly as possible. My folks still have their annual week in Cape May scheduled for this September, any I know their looking forward to it more than usual this year. God willing, it'll be the best one yet.

Thanks, all.

Absolutely! I have no doubt that Mother Seton will be praying for her as well.

Reactions: SHUSource

Thanks, all.
Your Mom is in my thoughts. They can do amazing things with heart surgery.

As always the Seton Hall family stands by its own. All the best to mom in her time of need.

Source, prayers for a successful procedure and speedy recovery for you Mom! May I ask the hospital she's having it done?

Prayers and thoughts to you and your family, you know where to find me if you need anything.

Source- Your Mom and family are in our thoughts and prayers. She is in a great hospital where miracles happen all the time. We went through a similar procedure 2-1/2 yrs. ago at Morristown Memorial..a triple by-pass done under emergency conditions after stents closed that had been put in 1 week prior. It was amazing what the doctors and staff can do. 4 weeks later we spent a quiet week in Cape May and returned home to begin cardio rehab at Overlook Hospital. We are planning to spend a week in Cape May this Sept. too. By the way we are not young chicks...Class of '67.

Buzzershot

Source
Morristown is the best hospital in the state for heart surgery and its success rate for high risk patients is exceptional. Prayers are with her and all her extended family for a successful procedure and speedy recovery.

Last edited:
Source- Your Mom and family are in our thoughts and prayers. She is in a great hospital where miracles happen all the time. We went through a similar procedure 2-1/2 yrs. ago at Morristown Memorial..a triple by-pass done under emergency conditions after stents closed that had been put in 1 week prior. It was amazing what the doctors and staff can do. 4 weeks later we spent a quiet week in Cape May and returned home to begin cardio rehab at Overlook Hospital. We are planning to spend a week in Cape May this Sept. too. By the way we are not young chicks...Class of '67.
It's certainly good to hear from you and others about the quality of cardiac care at Morristown. This was a scheduled thing, something she's known would be needed eventually, and the time is here. It's actually an aortic valve replacement, and because they have to really open her chest, that (assuming a successful surgery) becomes the most grueling part of the recovery, since it takes so long to heal. I think there is eight weeks until Cape May, by which time her doctors said she ought to be able to enjoy it. But first things first!

And of course you're young chicks! How else would you have sons so young as I? ;)

Again, many thanks to you all. The surgery itself was a success -- the surgeon described it as "boring" -- so she's in recovery now. Still some hurdles to clear, as far as emerging from anesthesia and resuming breathing, but all the news is good.

It's certainly good to hear from you and others about the quality of cardiac care at Morristown. This was a scheduled thing, something she's known would be needed eventually, and the time is here. It's actually an aortic valve replacement, and because they have to really open her chest, that (assuming a successful surgery) becomes the most grueling part of the recovery, since it takes so long to heal. I think there is eight weeks until Cape May, by which time her doctors said she ought to be able to enjoy it. But first things first!

And of course you're young chicks! How else would you have sons so young as I? ;)
Source as others have attested, she is in the best place for a cardiac procedure...there are some great surgeons at Morristown and the after care is first class. My mother-in-law had quad-bypass two years ago and I was very impressed (and I've seen the insides of hundreds of hospitals). John Brown was her surgeon, but nursing care was the best. I'm sure the doctors have told you, but one thing and it's tougher for the elderly, is that she needs to be committed to the PT post-surgery.

Source, You and many other Seton Hall fans sent prayers and thoughts for my wife when she came down with cancer in January 2012. She had 3 operations over 28 months and for each she received many prayers. Several Seton Hall fans even wrote directly to my wife after Dan asked if he could post where they could contact her. That was very touching for both of us. My wife was treated at Morristown Memorial and they have been rated the #1 hospital in the state for about the last 5 years. A good friend of mine was rushed there for a major heart problem about 4 years ago and he claims they saved his life. I will pray hard for your mother as that is the least I can do. I myself have been fighting lymphoma and just had more chemo today and will go back again tomorrow. I am doing well as I have CLL the same type of leukemia that Marty Liquori has had since 1991 (24 years). It is nothing like my wife had to endure. I just wish she had made it but no one knows when the Lord will call any of us. I firmly believe your mother will do just fine. My prayers are with her and your entire family.

Great to hear about your Mom's successful surgery. I wish her the best PT is most important.

I'll say a prayer for her.

Prayers sent for your Mom and family.I had my own experience at Morristown with my Mom they do a great job.

Great to hear the s
Again, many thanks to you all. The surgery itself was a success -- the surgeon described it as "boring" -- so she's in recovery now. Still some hurdles to clear, as far as emerging from anesthesia and resuming breathing, but all the news is good.

Great to hear the surgery went well. Morristown is truly a great place to be for heart surgery....and I know....I work in a hospital....another one that is great for heart surgery. So, she is in good hands.

Someone mentioned PT, and they are right, that will be important. But for now, take it a day at a time. would not be surprised if they have her up on her feet VERY soon.

best wishes

Great news Source. The doc are amazing in fixing the heart. And what heart is bigger than a Mom's.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT