ADVERTISEMENT

Sad but not shocked

Nothing on news12 either and I think they sponsor that channel.

Kind of embarrassing that you have all these negative things to report on and you cant even cover local sports that has local player doing positive things correctly.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Nobody cares about NIT.

It jumped the shark years ago. When you have 15-plus eligible teams immediately turn down a bid if shows how meaningless an event it is.

Tom Crean and Fran Fraschilla are mouthpieces for corrupt NCAA and ESPN. They know who pays their salary so I wouldn’t believe one thing that comes out of their mouths. Add Greenberg in there too.

No local paper or local sports outfit can give 2 craps about NIT.

What a sad individual to feel the need to come here to rain on someone's parade.

Maybe it should be you and your screen name that should understand that nobody cares about what you used to be.

What a sad individual to feel the need to come here to rain on someone's parade.

Maybe it should be you and your screen name that should understand that nobody cares about what you used to be.
It is the truth. Silence by media says just what public thinks of it

Nobody cares about NIT.

It jumped the shark years ago. When you have 15-plus eligible teams immediately turn down a bid if shows how meaningless an event it is.

Tom Crean and Fran Fraschilla are mouthpieces for corrupt NCAA and ESPN. They know who pays their salary so I wouldn’t believe one thing that comes out of their mouths. Add Greenberg in there too.

Funny part is the NIT will be more than you’ve won in the last 10 and next 10 years

Not sure what being a fan of Bruce Springsteen has to do with what I said

And I said the same thing here before the tournament started. No revisionist history. It jumped the shark years ago when the corrupt NCAA took it over.

The poster asked why nobody covered it in local media. If the truth hurts so be it.

Nobody cares about NIT.

I could see if there was little coverage if there were no local teams involved. However, that is not the case here! You have the top DI school in the state involved plus everyone knew both Seton Hall and Indiana State were snubbed and should have been playing in the NCAA!

Reactions: Pirate 81
Not sure what being a fan of Bruce Springsteen has to do with what I said
You're obviously a St John's fan and your glory days was when Mullin was there. He left in 1985 so I assumed it was he and not Bruce Springsteen that you were honoring.

Regardless, you posting as your are is laughable as SHU has been watching the Red Storm in the rearview mirror since around the last century.

Be humble until you actually do something!

Nothing on news12 either and I think they sponsor that channel.

Kind of embarrassing that you have all these negative things to report on and you cant even cover local sports that has local player doing positive things correctly.
They don’t do sports anymore

You're obviously a St John's fan and your glory days was when Mullin was there. He left in 1985 so I assumed it was he and not Bruce Springsteen that you were honoring.

Regardless, you posting as your are is laughable as SHU has been watching the Red Storm in the rearview mirror since around the last century.

ok. Was only speaking the truth but it seems like you want to glorify the NIT for more than what it is. Which in my book is the tournament of teams not good enough to qualify for the NCAA. If that floats your boat. More power to you.

But for somebody that is a Yankees fan. Just ask yourself what George M Steinbrenner would have thought about winning an NIT.

He wouldn’t have even have accepted a bid because he wasn’t invited to the Big Boys tournament where winning actually counts for something.

Steinbrenner would have liked it, because he was big on tradition. Same way a guy he was linked with, Bob Knight, always loved the NIT.

You say the NIT isn’t relevant any more. Plenty of people say the same thing about St. John’s. It’s all what YOU make of it, not what others think of you.

You don’t care that SHU won the NIT? Fine, but why take it to a Seton Hall message board? A sign of your issues more than anything else.

ok. Was only speaking the truth but it seems like you want to glorify the NIT for more than what it is. Which in my book is the tournament of teams not good enough to qualify for the NCAA. If that floats your boat. More power to you.

But for somebody that is a Yankees fan. Just ask yourself what George M Steinbrenner would have thought about winning an NIT.

He wouldn’t have even have accepted a bid because he wasn’t invited to the Big Boys tournament where winning actually counts for something.
You obviously are going to want the last word, so I will not keep engaging you.

Sometimes there is no need to rain on someone's parade. In this case we are proud of our team. They could have packed it in like your team did. But instead we took disappointment, stared it in the face and beat quality teams to win the NIT. One ranked ahead of us on basically their home court in a raucous setting.

Wallow in misery and hope your future is a hell of a lot better than your recent past.

Haggerty Days? They dont pass us by these days. One more Pirate coming up!

A fiesty Dan!!! I like it. The back pills are giving you an edge attacking our Big East brethern.

Actually it's the steroids. Got a major injection Wed. LOL

Crazy thing is until Pitino took over my second favorite team in the Big East was SJU.

I just cannot understand the need for someone to go on another team's board after that team has just won a big game and preach how insignificant the accomplishment is.

Talk about a miserable human being.

Actually it's the steroids. Got a major injection Wed. LOL

Crazy thing is until Pitino took over my second favorite team in the Big East was SJU.

I just cannot understand the need for someone to go on another team's board after that team has just won a big game and preach how insignificant the accomplishment is.

Talk about a miserable human being.
Amen.

If you (obviously) hate the NIT so much then why the hell are you here posting about it!?

Reactions: Pirate 81
If you (obviously) hate the NIT so much then why the hell are you here posting about it!?
Because he's a troll in all likelihood. And I don't throw around that phrase, because it gets thrown around too often by others who don't like folks who post objective stuff that isn't rah-rah all the time.

Because he's a troll in all likelihood. And I don't throw around that phrase, because it gets thrown around too often by others who don't like folks who post objective stuff that isn't rah-rah all the time.
The dude has 50 posts, so he's likely trolling. Yet I do share his views. To that guys point you can do a simple search on this message board of the phrase NCAA or bust and you'll see years of that phrase. If you feel that way and voice that sentiment it's frowned upon or you're trolling. That's not the case. It's just people who meant it when they said it. You get more pushback if you meant it when you said NCAA or bust than if you ripped Wusu or Dawes for 2 straight years. Enjoy the win, but I still believe NCAA or bust. On that note I'm out. Hope we make the big dance next year.

Nobody cares about NIT.

After what was a great and exciting run by our Pirates nobody here cares about your post either.

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
Not sure I understand why some SHU fans would down play the NIT win. I get it... disappointed. I saw a great statement made in one of the many comments about the game...... it was made to praise Sha for helping to teach a good lesson...I'm paraphrasing..."you can't always control what happens to you or the way the world treats you....... but you can control how you respond to it." SHU did just that... they responded by competing and are reaping the reward. Others responded by "busting" and what do they have?

Nothing on NYDN or NY Post backpages
What did NY Daily News and NY Post have on backpages? I assume both went with Mets finally winning a game, or even Julius Randle done for the season. Either way I cannot kill those 2 papers for not putting NIT Champ on backpage. SHU is somewhat in their readership range, but not really. If NJ.com and various NJ papers did not heavily feature SHU winning the NIT then you'd have an extremely valid gripe and should bash them for it. If St John's won the NIT, I think very unlikely Newsday Sports goes with St John's backpage either, I think they'd still go with NY Mets win if all things are the same.

Reactions: PiratePride
The dude has 50 posts, so he's likely trolling. Yet I do share his views. To that guys point you can do a simple search on this message board of the phrase NCAA or bust and you'll see years of that phrase. If you feel that way and voice that sentiment it's frowned upon or you're trolling. That's not the case. It's just people who meant it when they said it. You get more pushback if you meant it when you said NCAA or bust than if you ripped Wusu or Dawes for 2 straight years. Enjoy the win, but I still believe NCAA or bust. On that note I'm out. Hope we make the big dance next year.
Fair post too. I think no one would accuse long time posters of having a different view on the NIT. I don’t have the same view as others and no one called me a troll.

This NIT experience for this fan was incredibly more intense and enjoyable than i expected. Sorta like being served a baked chicken and mashed potatoes dinner and it was as good a meal as i can remember. I loved those ganes and while winning cant be beat, if isu made that last three it would still be a great memory. The snub got me down. The kid hitting the threes for oakland vs ky got my ncaa juices going again. But the NIT was absolute fun.

Fair post too. I think no one would accuse long time posters of having a different view on the NIT. I don’t have the same view as others and no one called me a troll.
yeah well I have. I’m on the board 17 years. Gonzo was the coach when I joined, Orr was the coach when I started reading. Now I’m trolling with purpose because I don’t ride the high or low waves with the rest of the board and believe our program is at a point where it’s NCAA or bust. If it has dropped and NIT is the bar let me know. But I don’t believe our program has significantly dropped to where the NIT is a good thing, and that goes for 2021, last year or this year.

Overachieved? yes. Still believe in NCAA or bust? Yes. And I believe we would’ve been in if we beat the Johnnies but lost by 19 to a non NCAA team. 2012 all over again except this time we we are not in a 6 year drought and basically coming off continuous rock bottom embarrassment moments

If you asked me at 10am on selection Sunday to pick either a one and done bid or nit champs, i answer ncaa in a second.

Ncaa or bust. Yes. That is what we are playing for. But these five games were awesome.
I have the same answer then as I have now and I feel no need to apologize for it. We just have a difference of opinion of awesome and that is ok. It’s great many found it awesome. It was making the most of bad Christmas gift if you ask me. If we came up next year with a November schedule of SJU, North Texas, UNLV, Georgia, and ISU I don’t think there would be great buzz for it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT