ADVERTISEMENT

SALT

It's outrageous that they are looking to eliminate SALT deductions. Purely to punish blue states. The red states get their share other ways. I am finding out all the screwed up things in Florida lately. Waiting over 3 months to get a construction permit. They require permits for everything. Btw, nothing structural or change of electric or plumbing is being done. Just new floors. Oh year, Over $2000 for a permit!

Reactions: silkcitypirate
Phil Murphy is the fox guarding the hen house in this case. If you want to help taxpayers in NJ, lower the taxes. That simple. It's not the federal government's responsibility to ease the burden of high state taxes.

Of course, let's be real. Murphy has zero interest in helping taxpayers. His only interest is playing politics.

Phil Murphy is the fox guarding the hen house in this case. If you want to help taxpayers in NJ, lower the taxes. That simple. It's not the federal government's responsibility to ease the burden of high state taxes.

Of course, let's be real. Murphy has zero interest in helping taxpayers. His only interest is playing politics.
Not a fan of Phil Murphy but he is right on this issue. SALT deductions were part of the Code since the start of federal taxes. How some people can think it’s ok to punish states really based on political affiliation is beyond me.

Not a fan of Phil Murphy but he is right on this issue. SALT deductions were part of the Code since the start of federal taxes. How some people can think it’s ok to punish states really based on political affiliation is beyond me.
Like it was okay to ignore border states by not addressing the wave of illegals?

Maybe if Menendez focused more on fighting for NJ citizens instead of stuffing gold bars in his pockets and protecting his DUI murdering wife….

Reactions: TomWall and shu09
Like it was okay to ignore border states by not addressing the wave of illegals?

Maybe if Menendez focused more on fighting for NJ citizens instead of stuffing gold bars in his pockets and protecting his DUI murdering wife….
the Trump Party rejected a plan to add 4000 more border control officers and you actually bring this up?
But as you always like to bring up another subject as an argument against a different issue. SALT deductions should be in existence and $10k limitation on it is way too low. This cap ends next year. Let's hope it dies.

the Trump Party rejected a plan to add 4000 more border control officers and you actually bring this up?
But as you always like to bring up another subject as an argument against a different issue. SALT deductions should be in existence and $10k limitation on it is way too low. This cap ends next year. Let's hope it dies.
whataboutism whataboutism! helps them justify voting for trump in the fall.

Biden has ignored the border for three years…
I don’t see the SALT deduction as that big a deal.

Punishing states for overspending. This is not even debatable. Why should all US taxpayers subsidize that? You wonder why so many are leaving Blue states? Houses are selling sight unseen over list in my Red state.

Punishing states for overspending. This is not even debatable. Why should all US taxpayers subsidize that? You wonder why so many are leaving Blue states? Houses are selling sight unseen over list in my Red state.
lol clearly you have no idea what the housing market has been like red or blue states. oh no site unseen . sounds like there's at least enough inventory to meet demand

lol clearly you have no idea what the housing market has been like red or blue states. oh no site unseen . sounds like there's at least enough inventory to meet demand
Blue states are draining but folks are being replaced by illegals. Thank god I left. What a mess.

Yes, to process illegals who continue to bring in fentanyl and murder the likes of Laken Riley. All they have to do is go back to Trump's policies which worked. You can try to spin but you look silly.

Blue states are draining but folks are being replaced by illegals. Thank god I left. What a mess.
lmao sound like a snowflake. stop being so dramatic. eventually the most populous states will have people move to a cheaper place. take all the money they earned in the north and spend it in the south, it goes farther

Yes, to process illegals who continue to bring in fentanyl and murder the likes of Laken Riley. All they have to do is go back to Trump's policies which worked. You can try to spin but you look silly.
Just throw some Twitter nonsense up on the board I see. Did you complain about cocaine and heroin coming through Mexico during the Reagan, Bush years? Did you complain about Fentanyl during the Trump Admin? Cause it was certainly happening at full speed back then.

Trump had more illegals into this country than Obama. Yet, Trump ran on building a wall. Yet during his third year illegals doubled from Obama.

Again none of this is relevant to the discussion of SALT and since you are no longer in NJ of course you don’t care about it.

Punishing states for overspending. This is not even debatable. Why should all US taxpayers subsidize that?
This.

Why not try no special interest deductions at all but with lower tax rates?

lmao sound like a snowflake. stop being so dramatic. eventually the most populous states will have people move to a cheaper place. take all the money they earned in the north and spend it in the south, it goes farther
Exactly. Exodus from Blue States but don't worry, the invasion is in full force replacing them with reliable Dem voters (illegals).

Rejected adding 4000 to process more in. Day one, Traitor Joe reversed all of Trumps exec orders that had illegal immigration down to the lowest levels ever. And why should Federal taxpayers subsidize Blue states that overspend? You getting your news from The View?

Just throw some Twitter nonsense up on the board I see. Did you complain about cocaine and heroin coming through Mexico during the Reagan, Bush years? Did you complain about Fentanyl during the Trump Admin? Cause it was certainly happening at full speed back then.

Trump had more illegals into this country than Obama. Yet, Trump ran on building a wall. Yet during his third year illegals doubled from Obama.

Again none of this is relevant to the discussion of SALT and since you are no longer in NJ of course you don’t care about it.
You need to get your news from a better source than The View. Look at spending per capita by state and the SALT issue is obvious. Dems are great at spending your money.

guy just wanted to shout into the echo chamber about red states. has no idea.

fun side note, just learned of a great party game. google florida man/woman and your birthday. awesome results
Inflation and crime thru the roof, fentanyl deaths higher than ever, invasion in full force, two major wars with a third ready to start. Happy with your Joe Bribem?

Exactly. Exodus from Blue States but don't worry, the invasion is in full force replacing them with reliable Dem voters (illegals).
no such thing as an exodus. if i were you i'd be worried about those new dem voters. did your other spam account get banned?

Reactions: sussexcopirate
Inflation and crime thru the roof, fentanyl deaths higher than ever, invasion in full force, two major wars with a third ready to start. Happy with your Joe Bribem?
Dude you are off the rails. You are obviously part of the wack pack MAGA cult. How come you were not crying fentanyl deaths during the Trump administration? https://usafacts.org/articles/are-fentanyl-overdose-deaths-rising-in-the-us/. That's when it really started to skyrocket. It almost tripled during the Trump Administration.

Inflation has been tamed and is under control. We are not at war with anyone. We are supporting two of our allies with arms. This creates American jobs as defense contractors work more and make more money in taxes.

And your lame tag line, there is zero proof -not a scintilla of evidence that Biden was bribed. That is why even in this hyper partisan atmosphere, there will not be an impeachment.

A lot of people in NJ are doing better without SALT than they were doing with SALT. Murphy doesn't want to talk about how business owners are using BAIT as a loophole to get around SALT and in my cases it's more beneficial than SALT was.

• Sad
A lot of people in NJ are doing better without SALT than they were doing with SALT. Murphy doesn't want to talk about how business owners are using BAIT as a loophole to get around SALT and in my cases it's more beneficial than SALT was.
Well, I am happy for you as an owner of a pass through company. However, most people are employees and property taxes and NJ state tax deductions are important. As they are getting double taxed on the same dollar.

Well, I am happy for you as an owner of a pass through company. However, most people are employees and property taxes and NJ state tax deductions are important. As they are getting double taxed on the same dollar.
The question is when Murphy signed his pass through bill why did he do something that helps more wealthy than middle class? He did something about SALT just not for most people as you say. And who does SALT help more the rich family with 3 homes paying 75K in real estate taxes or the middle class family paying 12K in real estate taxes, 10k in mortgage interest on their only home who would probably take the standard deduction of close to 28k anyway. This is pure rhetoric trying to make it look like it helps the average man but really it’s about the wealthy. Don’t we want the wealthy to pay more taxes?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT