ADVERTISEMENT

Serious Big East Hate

None of these retards will ask the chair, who they will have on in 15 minutes, the most important question. How can Uconn be your overall number one seed and only have three teams included in that conference. Meaning, they shouldn’t deserve the number one overall seed if you’re only taking three teams from that conference. ZERO pple will bring this up

Look ever bubble team has no one to blame but themselves. Bigger picture, 3 teams is an awful look.

Every OOC I post my view that we should want every single team from our league to cleanup. That’s why I never get all the OOC threads started about certain BE teams after they have a bad loss. What’s better, benefiting from the strength of the league so we aren’t on the outside looking in, or Uconn, Nova or SJU getting media attention?

Reactions: SHU Advisory
Hard to see the logic in giving UConn the top overall seed, Marquette a 2 and Creighton a 3 and snubbing the next 3 teams… not shocked we were left out, but it’s jarring to see only 3 Big East teams in the NCAA Tournament.

It truly makes no sense. If the conference is good enough to produce 3 top-12 teams, including the #1 overall, then it's a tough conference, and 4th or 5th in it is good enough to get a bid

1. Jay wright is the WORST representative for our conference. Always been a self-serving d bag and his nice guy act fooled way too many people. SILENT when Seth Davis brought up the big east. What a coward about the conference that made him. Shameful.

2. Val has to go. Has no power

3. Tv contracts and football. MWC on cbs…ESPN teams get in with all their power. Big schools with large following, football teams, and money get in over deserving big east teams

College sports in shambles.

I'm not surprised.The BE had one great team,two very good teams,two very bad teams and six rather ordinary teams of which SHU was one.I think if we had beaten SJU in the BET we would had gotten in.Very disappointing but we still exceeded expectations for the year.

Your point is a fair one. But tell me how the ACC or Mountain West is any better top to bottom, and yet look at those results. Not to mention a few other names referenced from the Big 10 and SEC.

Hard to see the logic in giving UConn the top overall seed, Marquette a 2 and Creighton a 3 and snubbing the next 3 teams… not shocked we were left out, but it’s jarring to see only 3 Big East teams in the NCAA Tournament.
And, for what it's worth, ESPN says we have the hardest bracket to get out of. Kind of surprising for the top overall seed.

Reactions: Turiddu and Burnsly
I'm not surprised.The BE had one great team,two very good teams,two very bad teams and six rather ordinary teams of which SHU was one.I think if we had beaten SJU in the BET we would had gotten in.Very disappointing but we still exceeded expectations for the year.
It gives me zero good feelings that we exceeded expectations. And you aren’t the first to write that and I’m not blaming you. It could be true but I could care less. It doesn’t help one bit and means nothing at this point.

Your point is a fair one. But tell me how the ACC or Mountain West is any better top to bottom, and yet look at those results. Not to mention a few other names referenced from the Big 10 and SEC.
I didn't watch enough college BB this year to comment on the other conferences.The football conferences obviously have extra clout but the Mountain West is hard to explain.Will be interesting how their teams do in the tourney.

The sooner the NCAA crashes and burns --the better. Total incompetent fools
Big East viewership and Tournie set TV ratings and NCAA just showed that those that watched no nothing about College Basketball

Last edited:
It’s concerning for the future that you can finish in 4th place in the conference behind a 1,2,3 national seeds and not make it in.

In the world of NIL can we realistically expect to do much better than this? Gotta assume there will always be at least 2 teams significantly better than us and than another having a great season.

So my point is if 4th place isn’t enough, we are in trouble going forward..

There were a bunch more teams that pulled out a win these past few days which for some reason, sports analysts were saying conference tourney games don't count which was false. They counted, and guess meteorologists aren't the only ones who get paid not being correct all the time. Because those teams took up spots, there were so many left. I was a little shocked one team made it in with 19 wins. (We were mentioned, but The Johnnie's weren't.)

For the first time, I agree with Rick Pitino that the NET is a fraudulent system. We won a game and it dropped a few times.

Previously Sha said the NIT is another game and I'd be happy it continues to see what happens, and hopefully the team hungry for a win shows up. We just woke up a little later and hopefully next year we get more OC games.

I know I'm just a small voice, but I'm proud of them no matter what, they put a heck of a season with such a wonderful surprise and wins. For UConn fans at The Garden to say to me we had an excellent season, truly meant a lot. Good luck to UConn, Marquette and Creighton, and Go Pirates!

Fwiw, bracketmatrix had st johns and seton hall 1st and 3rd teams out as of 2 pm today. Providence was 5th team out. Everything that could go wrong as far as bidstealers this past weekend, did go wrong. Very unfortunate for big east. Mountain west getting 6 is just crazy though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT