ADVERTISEMENT

Serious Big East Hate

Hurley's going to be on the ESPN show. He's on record saying that he thought six big teams should be in.
He only briefly touched on it on CBS sports.

Not as strong as I would have preferred…but…he’s got a game to talk about. 🥸

Reactions: CL82
He only briefly touched on it on CBS sports.

Not as strong as I would have preferred…but…he’s got a game to talk about. 🥸
Yeah, I expected him to kind of go off on the committee, at least a little bit more.

Me
Yeah, I expected him to kind of go off on the committee, at least a little bit more.
me too.

But…kick the s*** out of those teams…show them that you cannot keep the Big East down no matter how hard you try!

Reactions: CL82
Me

me too.

But…kick the s*** out of those teams…show them that you cannot keep the Big East down no matter how hard you try!
Here it is: he called the selection process a Shell game and said the metrics were meaningless. Specifically talked about Seton Hall getting 13 wins in the second toughest conference in the country and not getting in...

Overlooked baffling seed….

Dayton as a 7. They beat zero ranked teams all year, finished 3rd in the A10 AND lost in the A10 quarterfinals. Their best win OOC was St. Johns (in Charleston) who didn’t even make the tournament.

Why the love for Dayton? Their record is good? See Michigan State and A&M. Their records didn’t matter. Seton Hall has a way better resume than Dayton.

Enough of this bullshit where they try to pick who they think is “better”. Pick who DESERVES to go. They change the criteria every frickin year!

Why is it so difficult to just unanimously agree on what 3-4 criteria matter and just go from there? Rank win total, OOC, Q1 wins, bad losses etc. but just let everyone know the order of importance and to schedule accordingly for it.

We all know why they change the criteria so often though. A gut punch for a school like SHU who struggles with NIL to not get a rightfully earned chance to dance.

It’s concerning for the future that you can finish in 4th place in the conference behind a 1,2,3 national seeds and not make it in.

In the world of NIL can we realistically expect to do much better than this? Gotta assume there will always be at least 2 teams significantly better than us and than another having a great season.

So my point is if 4th place isn’t enough, we are in trouble going forward..
Win some OOC games.

Overlooked baffling seed….

Dayton as a 7. They beat zero ranked teams all year, finished 3rd in the A10 AND lost in the A10 quarterfinals. Their best win OOC was St. Johns (in Charleston) who didn’t even make the tournament.

Why the love for Dayton? Their record is good? See Michigan State and A&M. Their records didn’t matter. Seton Hall has a way better resume than Dayton.

Enough of this bullshit where they try to pick who they think is “better”. Pick who DESERVES to go. They change the criteria every frickin year!

Why is it so difficult to just unanimously agree on what 3-4 criteria matter and just go from there? Rank win total, OOC, Q1 wins, bad losses etc. but just let everyone know the order of importance and to schedule accordingly for it.

We all know why they change the criteria so often though. A gut punch for a school like SHU who struggles with NIL to not get a rightfully earned chance to dance.

Because Hurley is right. It's all a Shell Game. The committee has teams they want in and they take certain pieces of criteria to justify the teams. Ignoring NET for some, only pointing to NET for others. Highlighting weak OOC for some teams, and ignoring weak OOC for others.

@shupat08 Agreed which is why I mentioned we all know why. They pick and choose which criteria matters whichever way the wind blows.

Seton Hall finishes 4th in the BE with wins over top overall seed UCONN, top 10 Marquette, triple OT loss to three seed Creighton……

The 3rd place team in the A10 beats no ranked teams, loses in the quarterfinal to Duquesne and gets a 7 seed?

Because Hurley is right. It's all a Shell Game. The committee has teams they want in and they take certain pieces of criteria to justify the teams. Ignoring NET for some, only pointing to NET for others. Highlighting weak OOC for some teams, and ignoring weak OOC for others.
Cuse finished 20-12 this year… no mention of them being near the NCAA bubble

I’m 100% confident that if this was a 20-12 Boheim team they’d be in. Bc we’ve seen that countless times over the last 4-5 years

To date he has been as exciting to listen to this year as watching paint dry.
So disappointed he didn’t use the platform to speak up. People hate Boeheim, but if Cuse never left the BE and he was in that position as a commentator, I bet he would have went on one of his Jimmy B rants.

Reactions: Halldan1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT